Roster progress report, and plans for your roster

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

Some player posted that Karma-Taj will activate the % boost whenever Kitty buffs tiles. Try it, and the numbers could go crazy, with Kitty boosted now.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards

@dianetics said:
    How high do you push in PvP?

Wong is better than you think, and when he is boosted he is a literal monster.
    Every Okoye level lets you make your iHulk bigger.

Depends on my work schedule. I have majority of the meta (read everybody bar Colossus and not yet Kang or Magik - is she meta?!? No idea) 5's all champed so can go all the way and normally have a bunch of god boosted each week.

I don't have a real life schedule to be truly competitive though in either PvE OR PvP and as I play on a tablet not a phone I can't normally fit anything in for the bulk of the day.

Hey #1stworldmpqproblems

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,383 Chairperson of the Boards

@HoundofShadow said:
    Some player posted that Karma-Taj will activate the % boost whenever Kitty buffs tiles. Try it, and the numbers could go crazy, with Kitty boosted now.

I just tested this and yes. He gave me strikes and I fired his yellow on turn 2. Kitty buffed tiles Kamar-Taj buffed again. I hit 36k strike tile damage (non-boosted Wang) on turn 5 without yellow supports.

• DAZ0273
    edited April 2023

So I managed to get Wong covered and I am building him up iso-wise as I go and will champ at some point soon-ish. Star-Lord and Kingpin are sitting around waiting for iso.

I champed Clea, M'Baku is fully covered so just Torch 4* wise to get covers for apart from Magik & Jeff (who are not 4* obviously!).

Hoarding until Wong and Kang are gone so I guess my primary target is to...champ 3* Jeff?!?!? Huh - I haven't done that yet? I pulled about 100 combined Mighty & Elite tokens not so long ago and he is still isn't done. Definitely not seemed to have rained covers for him like the others did although obviously that is probably just my perception.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker

It’s been over 2 months since my last update so I figured I’d hop in here to recap some things as my roster has grown considering since then.

Current roster: 281
    5* champs: 9
    4* champs: 57

I was able to champ Kamala, Riri and Hit Monkey from pulls from March and just recently added Wong and Kang to champ levels as well giving me now 9 champed 5*. Magik will soon be 2 powers away from champing too but I won’t be pulling again for her till Kang and Wong are both rotated out so will be a while for me to champ any more 5*.

I will have accomplished my goal of adding all 4* within the next few weeks as the two I don’t have yet will be needed either for DDQ or given as PvP rewards so that’ll be nice. That will leave just 8 5* unrostered for me but 2 of them will have a path to be added thru champ rewards here eventually.

Which brings me to my next goal I suppose, which is to try and put a dent in my 4* champs. I have 33 that are ready to be welcomed as champs but all need 300k+ iso each so choosing the ones with the most saved covers first and hopefully can start putting a little bit of a dent into that number.

5* favorite is Mighty Thor and 4* is Shuri for Okoye who is at 3/2/3 and MT 4/3/4 so those are the new long term goals for 5* champs that I’ve been working on since March.

• DAZ0273

I have still not been able to champ 3* Jeff! I have acquired 15 covers of High Evolutionary since last Thursday and not one single Jeff. I am going to have to shard him to finish him looks like. Really bizarrely specific RNG on this one.

I got 5* Star-Lord and Kingpin champed and Coleen thanks to the Guardians grindfest, so that only leases a fully covered M'Baku and Torch. No other 5* are currently fully covered at present (working on Magik from Latest and Ultron - that one will be long unless he somehow pops up in a store or I get a cover for another classic and switch or whatever).

• fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker

@DAZ0273 said:
    I have still not been able to champ 3* Jeff! I have acquired 15 covers of High Evolutionary since last Thursday and not one single Jeff. I am going to have to shard him to finish him looks like. Really bizarrely specific RNG on this one.

I got 5* Star-Lord and Kingpin champed and Coleen thanks to the Guardians grindfest, so that only leases a fully covered M'Baku and Torch. No other 5* are currently fully covered at present (working on Magik from Latest and Ultron - that one will be long unless he somehow pops up in a store or I get a cover for another classic and switch or whatever).

My sympathies. I finally champed 3* Magik today! As for 3* High Evo, the game has given me 8 covers and they're all blue, so I guess he's going to take a while.

• DAZ0273

@fractalvisions said:

@DAZ0273 said:

My sympathies. I finally champed 3* Magik today! As for 3* High Evo, the game has given me 8 covers and they're all blue, so I guess he's going to take a while.

Yeah it felt like the game was specifically sticking two fingers up at me coz I love him, lol but even during his release period I really struggled to pull him! He is fully covered now so just want one more cover for an LT and I guess the covers will soon come aflooding once it stops bugging me.

• ShionSinX
    ShionSinX Posts: 61 Match Maker
    edited May 2023

Day 293, SR 104, rostered characters: 185.

Play SCL9 for both PvE (T100~10, 120%~180%, varies on having 5E) and PvP (T1~50, going mostly for 16 or 25 wins, 500~800 score). Mild spending, probly around 30 USD so far, with focus on HP value.

Roster status:
    1★: 1 (for DDQ, still need iso)
    2★: 12 (one just flipped but used the slot for a 5★)
    3★: 54 (only Angel not champed because I didnt need to so far)
    4★: 98 (0 champed, 18 fully covered, softcapped based off highest 3★ levels)
    5★: 20 (all level 255, 1~6 covers, sharding SC who's 3/0/1)

All new 4★ since I started playing back in July 2022 have been covered with shards/covers to spare, all Boss Event covers acquired (personal and alliance) since Chasm's turn.

Pretty much all HP into slots since account creation (I think I shielded on pvp twice), around 1k saved Heroic/Mighty tokens, near 100 LTs, 3,6k CP (spend sometimes on release stores if I can afford slots but mostly hoarding).

Slowly sharding relevant 4★ and targeting 3★ that is closest to the next HP reward (first to lv199 where its still quick, will move to lv231 after, with a few already there natually).

My PvP MMR is comfortable so I dont want to rush with 4★ tier right now, and it havent impacted negatively my PvE so its fine. 7m iso bank is not nearly enough for whats to come... also I want to see whats PvP like at SCL10 without champed 4★ if possible, but not hardcore going for this.

• fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker

@fractalvisions said:

@fractalvisions said:

@fractalvisions said:
    All classic 5s rostered! It took me a lot longer than hothie, but I got there.
    Day: 1357SR: 147
    569/70 rostered (and just 200 more shards needed to roster Kamala Khan)21 @ lvl 330, with 1 fully covered.
    All rostered 70/126 champions
    PlansI'm still focusing ISO on champing 4s for now, but may put a little into my most used 5s sometime soon.
    For the time being, I'll spend my CP on special stores. I just spent what I had (~250) on the new release store and got two covers for Mighty Thor, so I think that worked out well.

Time for a post-anniversary (and 4th year personal anniversary) update.

Day: 1460
    SR: 155

All except Arcade rostered.
    24 @ lvl 330 including
    13 covers: Apocalypse
    12 covers: Shang-chi
    11 covers: Colossus, Kitty Pryde, Dr. Thor
    10 covers: Scarlet Witch

85/131 champions

Plans
    Still focusing on those 4s, but getting ever closer to the point where I may start levelling (and even champing?) 5s. Particularly as Colossus, Kitty and Shang all have saved covers now.

New Year update:

Day: 1525
    SR: 160

5*
    All rostered.
    26 @ lvl 330 including
    13 covers: Apocalypse, Colossus, Dr. Thor, Shang-Chi
    12 covers:
    11 covers: Kitty Pryde, Dr. Strange
    10 covers: Ghostpool, Cyclops, Scarlet Witch

4*
    92/134 champions

Plans
    Shardmas has resulted in me having 3 more 5*s ready to champ, but also means that I have a much longer list of excuses (i.e. 4*s that I'd like to get champed) to avoid moving to 5* land. :wink:

I've now reached 300 roster slots, so seems like a good time for an update.

Day: 1684
    SR: 171

5*
    All rostered.
    34 @ lvl 330 including
    13 covers: Apocalypse, Colossus, Dr. Strange, Dr. Thor, Scarlet Witch, Shang-Chi
    12 covers: Kitty Pryde
    11 covers: Crystal, Cyclops, Deadpool, Electro, Knull, Riri
    10 covers: Kamala Khan, Magik

4*
    109/140 champions

Plans
    Still got some more 4*s with 10+ saved covers who are my focus at the moment. I'm pleased to see that I am champing 4*s at a faster rate than they are being added.

• DAZ0273

And with some bonus shards...the Meta was completed. 5* Colossus fully covered and can be champed when I have the iso. Never imagined this day would come as I got so few of his covers on his release, so pretty pleased really.

Not sure who to go after next. I guess Ultron is at 12 covers...

• DAZ0273
    edited June 2023

@DAZ0273 said:
    And with some bonus shards...the Meta was completed. 5* Colossus fully covered and can be champed when I have the iso. Never imagined this day would come as I got so few of his covers on his release, so pretty pleased really.

Not sure who to go after next. I guess Ultron is at 12 covers...

Well it wasn't Ultron...I am now 42 shards from champing Black Panther instead. I guess he can go with my Thanos.

Edit: BP is covered, along with Colossus and High Evolutionary - three 5* in two days is pretty good going. So now the 463 shards to Ultron which I might use the Hellfire Vault to significantly speed up although I'm in no hurry.

Jeff didn't go so well - I am going to land short of champing him unless I pull more Latest's or shard him and get luck with a bonus shards but I would like to build my hoard back up so it might just be he sits at 11 or 12 covers depending on PvE essentials and is a project for later.

• JasonLikesToTravel
    JasonLikesToTravel Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2023

@JasonLikesToTravel said:

@JasonLikesToTravel said:
    Still free-to-play so hard to judge the speed of progress against others who've splashed out on HP's, CP's, shards and covers. Nevertheless, happy to have finally got my last 3* last night. A good time to update (day 179)

Currently at 72 roster slots
    5's: 6 to date (Gamora, Apoc, Shang Chi all two covers. Kingpin, Ronan & Ultron with 1). 
    4's: 5 rostered with Ikaris champed (been in a lot of events so got the covers and shards to champ him quite easily). 
    s: All 47 rostered - 38 champed
    2s: 13/14 farming. Still only Bagman not rostered
    s: Just Spiderman for DDQ

Next step is to start building my 4 and 5 collection to help with PVP in particular but also improve SCL I can get a decent placement in in PVE. 

Quite a while since my last update. Remain a F2P player, today is day 429 so now over a year of playing the game.

Roster slots: 134
    5s: 24 rostered. Gargantos and Thor highest with 6 covers each.
    's: 48 rostered. Three champed (Wolverine X Force, Ikaris, Spider-Man Oscorp)
    3s: All 49 champed. Thor at 257 so close to farming my first 3!
    2s: 13/14 farming, still no Bagman
    s: None rostered. No longer a need since the DDQ changes.

Plans going forward are to keep pace with the 3 releases and catch up with the missing 4s. Hopefully I'll get a few more 4s champed too.

Quite a while since the last update. Still free-to-play but made good progress since the last update.

Roster slots: 220
    5s: 51 - MThor the highest with 10 covers
    s: 101 rostered. 42 champed - Deathlok the highest at 289.
    3s: 55/56 rostered. Just need Spider-Rex who was released in the last few days.
    s: 13/14 rostered, still no Bagman
    1*s: None rostered.

Farming both my 2s & 3s where I can as very much in the ISO drought now.

Currently 82 characters left to roster so only plan is to continue chipping away at that and hopefully add some more covers to existing 5*s to make SCL10 easier.

Shang Chi (5 covers) and MThor (10 covers) are doing a lot of the heavy lifting in both PVE and PVP to allow me to progress at SCL10

Edit* Should add, day 673

• Jash735
    Jash735 Posts: 62 Match Maker

I want to fully cover (and level to about 420) my iHulk to complete my immortal brothers team. I have him @ 1-1-1 right now. But I’m wondering if I should champ someone else 1st. Here is my 5* roster:

Any thoughts or suggestions??

• superwaxley
    superwaxley Posts: 7 Just Dropped In

I would champ Riri first. She's great with MThor.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,114 Chairperson of the Boards

Or Shang Chi, but probably after Riri that given she is so close.

SC is the most fun character to play with in the game, in my opinion.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,383 Chairperson of the Boards

RiRi and Shang Chi are the two you should target first. Since she is so close I would go with RiRi first like Wax suggested.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker

I also suggest Shang Chi for you to target in the very near future. His true heal makes it very easy for you to continue using him over and over without too much risk of him getting downed.

• Jash735

I’m sorry, I should’ve been more clear. I’m in the process of champing RiRi right now, just need about 250 shards. I was referring to whom I was going to champ next. And, yes, SC is on my short list. He would’ve probably been my 2nd or 3rd after iHulk. But you guys think I should get SC 1st??

• Jash735

@superwaxley said:
    I would champ Riri first. She's great with MThor.

This is pretty much my go to right now.