Roster progress report, and plans for your roster

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Jash735 said:
    I’m sorry, I should’ve been more clear. I’m in the process of champing RiRi right now, just need about 250 shards. I was referring to whom I was going to champ next. And, yes, SC is on my short list. He would’ve probably been my 2nd or 3rd after iHulk. But you guys think I should get SC 1st??

No, finish ihulk first.
    If they ever nerf Chasm, you might finish Shang before you get any use out of the immortal bros.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,638 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So things seem to be under control although I would like to see the Dev answer on the change to 5* Essentials in PvE and whether that means I am going to have a harder time finishing Jeff. Otherwise it is time to look at what projects I have to go. Here are the most promising candidates (the 4* shards available are primary feeders, I can't be arsed to look for secondary):

Ghost Rider 5/3/3 - Lvl 405 (152 shards - 1900 shards available from 4) - I just can't get my head around Robbie even boosted, so not sure on him
    Deadpool 4/3/3 - Lvl 390 (127 shards - 1400 shards available from 4
    ) - Has to be the favourite, right?
    OML - 4/4/3 - Lvl 390 (65 shards - 500 shards available from 4) - He feels underpowered but a classic, classic, eh? Still would need a bit of help also as can't get there from feeders alone.
    Hulk (Banner) - 4/2/5 - Lvl 345 (33 shards - 1500 shards from 4
    ) - I like Banner, definite possible.
    Onslaught - 3/4/4 - Lvl 330 (64 shards - Have completely forgotten who feeds Onslaught so...) - Niche but with Prof X is pretty devastating
    Rescue - 4/2/5 Lvl 313 (50 shards - 1500 shards from 4) - Uhm...
    Captain Marvel 3/5/3 Lvl 300 (275 shards - no shards available from 4
    ) - Gotta get a rebalance surely? But The Marvels is a long way off and I would have to finish D4nvers and re-roster which will be doable but no idea how long
    Black Widow 5/3/2 Lvl 300 (235 shards - 1900 shards from 4) - Waaaay too expensive, so I think no for now
    Gambit 5/3/2 Lvl 300 (345 shards - 1500 shards available from 4
    ) - He is OK now but that black power is still a pain
    Hawkeye Lvl 300 3/3/4 (18 shards - 1500 shards available from 4*) - Obviously an integral part on a Kang team but Deathlok is doing a stellar job right now so he could wait
    DD 5/4/2 Lvl 295 (42 shards - Once again completely forgotten who feeds) - No idea about him

I also have Surfer at 10 covers also who I guess is also a candidate.

1st world MPQ problems I know - I haven't even needed to hit Classics or favourite feeders too much yet either so I have those in my armoury.

• fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Yes, certainly not a bad problem to have.
    FYI Gorr feeds Onslaught.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,133 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

Onslaught - 3/4/4 - Lvl 330 (64 shards - Have completely forgotten who feeds Onslaught so...) - Niche but with Prof X is pretty devastating
    DD 5/4/2 Lvl 295 (42 shards - Once again completely forgotten who feeds) - No idea about him

I just saw this on another thread regarding feeders - a great resource so thought I'd add it here.

https://quietse7en.com/FULL-Feeders.html

• DAZ0273
    Options

Hmm...now I have a first world MPQ problem.

I was working on 5* Deadpool 4/4/4 by sharding 4* Deadpool but in the Super Summer store I pulled an OML to make him 4/4/4! So now I am eyeing up the 2015 PvP week - I only need 4 X-Force Wolvie covers to get the 400 or so shards I need to finish him - so do I abandon Deadpool for now and go for it? Deadpool needs best part of 500 shards. What would Prof. X do?

• Bowgentle
    Options

Stick with Ghostpool.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Y'know what? I already did it - I JUST champed OML! Deadpool wont take long now, is only one cover and he wont now get a boost week for ages so no rush.

• Bowgentle
    Options

Fair enough. Who knows what will pop up during anniversary!

• DAZ0273
    Options

So that is now Deadpool and Ghost Rider champed so I am back to looking at my options for Classics:

Cap (FA) is nearest to spitting out a cover with 438 shards but he is only at 4/2/2 so a way to go.

I think it is gonna be between:

Banner - 11 covers
    Cap Marvel - 11
    DD - 11
    Spidey (PP) - 11
    Onslaught - 11
    Rescue - 11

I guess DD?

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,406 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Onslaught then Banner.
    Banner is pretty spicy after his rework and Onsalught is still very good

• DAZ0273
    Options

Onslaught and Banner (and DD) are now all done but need iso to champ. So I need a new project - the 11 covers are Rescue? Cap Marvel? Doc Ock? Magneto or Spidey? Nothing stands out too much.

Or I could start on one of my 10 cover 5*. Hela, Killmonger, Gambit, Hawkeye, Doom, Knull, Widow.

Hmm.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

They don't necessarily need to be champed to do these things but Hawkeye features in a few fun teams, Cap Marvel has a winfinite with Mr -ve & Polaris, and Magneto can help sort out some Puzzle Gauntlet nodes.

Killmonger is good when boosted.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Champing 'em all is the goal so they will get champed but as Iso is super scarce right now I have no idea when (I have 4 others to champ before them).

Yeah Hawkeye is tempting although my Deathlok works very nicely in my Kang/IM40 team as is but having a second 5* would be no bad thing. Not really desperate for a Cap Marvel winfinite or a Cap Marvel anything. Killmonger is the other one I have my eye on as he seems pretty potent when boosted. However Rescue is closest to champ but she also seems a bit useless. Magneto - I dunno, I really haven't used him much and am not really clear if his re-work is actually working or broken? It sort of feels like Magneto should work with Vulture somehow but probably not. I wish Doom was better than he is - it doesn't seem right not to have an alpha class Doctor Doom.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Ha, and just like that today's resupply was a yellow Doom cover!!! So now he joins the 11 cover rank brigade!

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2023
    Options

It's possible Magneto's red doesn't destroy tiles correctly (I can't confirm either way) but his blue (7AP to remove two colours with possible AP gain) is quite strong and does work.

• DAZ0273
    Options

I'll mess about in DDQ and try him.

• DAZ0273
    Options

I love Bonus shards! So thanks to them Rescue is now done in time for later today (probably can't champ her though without an infusion of iso). I also bagged a Doc Ock cover from Vulture's store which means he is now on 12 covers and has moved into prime fully cover position. That store is hurting me though as I also need PP:SM covers and I am spending far too much on it.

• DAZ0273
    edited August 2023
    Options

Good news - I pulled a Parker! Bad news - it is blue. How many other Parker stores will there be though? I feel like I can't miss this opportunity but...it is burning through CP. Maybe just a few more...

• DAZ0273
    Options

My final pull was a Mysterio! As good a clue as any to stop now, more Parker is just an illusion!

My Oscorp Spidey has plenty of shards in him so that will be the way to go.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Yikes - that is now 5 Classic 5* to champ though (I guess Jeff counts although he is only just Classic). Anybody who says it is impossible to catch up on these guys I can assure you that is not the case. I didn't start from a strong base on any of these guys who except Jeff are years old - Rescue got helped out during Covid-19 with the free shards but the rest have just been accumulated over time. I haven't skipped any Latest either since I have been able to keep up with them but that may change for the Dinosaur. I just don't feel him and with Gwenom already champed I think I can be happy enough to wait him out.