Roster progress report, and plans for your roster

Options

Comments

• Jash735
    Jash735 Posts: 66 Match Maker
    edited November 2023
    Options

@Scofie

I mostly only play PvE, I usually only play PvP if I’m bored or it is a requirement.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,131 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Jash735 said:
    @Scofie

I mostly only play PvE, I usually only play PvP if I’m bored or it is a requirement.

Probably I'd go with Apocalypse or even Emma Frost. I think you have champed most of the others I'd routinely use. There are others far more competitive than I on here though.

• Jash735
    Options

@Scofie
    Thanks for the input, Apocalypse is definitely on my radar. As is Colossus.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Apoc - Bill - Hawkeye - Colossus - Thanos - Thor.
    That'll keep you busy for a few months.

• Jash735
    Options

@Bowgentle
    Thanks for those suggestions. I’ve heard a lot of people talk about Hawkeye but I had forgotten about him. I also had forgotten about Thor.

I’m not a huge fan of Bill, but that is just a personal hang-up. When I came back to the game after being gone for 1 1/2 years he had just come out along with Polaris, neither of which I had at the time, and I got crushed in every PvP match because I was the only one without them. And EVERY match I played was against them!

So I will probably go that order with Bill at the end. Also, I’m curious, do you not think SW is worth champing? Or is she only really relevant in PvP?

• Bowgentle
    Options

Wanda is way too slow to be useful in PVE.
    She's still good during her boost week in PVP but you will never use her in PVE.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    Wanda is way too slow to be useful in PVE.
    She's still good during her boost week in PVP but you will never use her in PVE.

I never do but this has made me wonder if she'd be useful in those two or three nodes that can sometimes get out of hand (Would help if I could remember which - Kraven is in one.)

• Bowgentle
    Options

Nope. You want to Kang those.

• DrClever
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    Nope. You want to Kang those.

Yeah, that's what I do do after the first couple of goes but I don't find Kang much fun (or at least not the 'away' part - he's cool in countdown based matches)

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So I hit the 60 champed 5* milestone which was nice.

5* fully covered waiting to be champed:

Hela
    Gamora
    Goose
    Pegor
    Monster face Miles
    Doc Ock
    Venom Swingy Dino
    Spidey BIB
    Gambit
    Emperor Doom
    Wasp

Working on: 5* Iron Man - need less than 150 shards to fully cover him which Hulkbuster will deliver. Next up is Spidey who needs 1 cover (400+ shards)

Once they are done...not sure. Knull and Widow have 11 covers followed by Ronan, Hawkeye, Havok, Archangel and Jesus Cap on 10 covers. I sort of like Ronan so maybe him - probably need to look at where feeders are for shards.

It will be so nice to finish the 5* tier and get a step closer to being post Iso but a way to go yet, still my only two 5* who don't have decent cover coverage are Sersi and Heimdall so I am confident I can get the rest done in 2024 and maybe the other two might crop up in a store or classics boost (doubtful but hey ho)

4* Spidey India and DD/Moon Girl are fully covered but need iso.

Ascending - XFW is closet of the 4s but Ares is my next one to go when he joins the list on 22nd.

• DrClever
    Options

Ascension might mean you don't go post ISO - it's not clear for me yet, I'm yoyoing either side of 8M ISO at the moment, having climbed to that point rapidly and steadily before ascension was a thing.

I had a lot of 4*s max at the same time, so got a few dupes to level up - if that rate increases I might find ISO drains away again.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Yeah I suspect you are right.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 24 January 2024, 20:27
    Options

Do you get a lot of ll tokens when you ascension. Some how got around 800 with 456 slots

Not sure who to really work on .

Question.
    Better to get 2 of the new 3 stars max or one

Already got one honeybager max starting to work on second. Or save tokens an d just Max out next 3

Honey won't be able to be combine til when march April ?

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@slidecage said:
    Do you get a lot of ll tokens when you ascension. Some how got around 800 with 456 slots

Not sure who to really work on .

Question.
    Better to get 2 of the new 3 stars max or one

Already got one honeybager max starting to work on second. Or save tokens an d just Max out next 3

Honey won't be able to be combine til when march April ?

It depends; we don't know, but probably by March.

You could certainly pause to spend tokens on the next 3 but we don't know anything about them and Honey Badger may be significantly better.

• DrClever
    edited 10 February 2024, 12:20
    Options

So, I've finally reached the point where I have all 5*s champed bar the new release.

I could have got here a while ago but I just didn't like Odin enough to favourite him.

Not quite sure what to do about picking a favourite now. Might just go for whoever is nearest a level up that grants a nice reward.

• stef_focus
    stef_focus Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options

@DrClever said:
    So, I've finally reached the point where I have all 5*s champed bar the new release.

I could have got here a while ago but I just didn't like Odin enough to favourite him.

Not quite sure what to do about picking a favourite now. Might just go for whoever is nearest a level up that grants a nice reward.

I am in the same situation. The latest PvE gave me the shards I needed to champ my last holdout (Elektra), so now everything except newest 5* (Victor Mancha) is champed and I have no idea what to do next.

I feel like I have finished the game (gotta catch em all). ISO positive (8M), lots of tokens (400 LL), HP (25k), CP (4k) and nothing useful to spend it on...

Anyone who is past this point, what is a new dragon to chase?

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,010 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 10 February 2024, 14:08
    Options

Now it's time to work on 550ing those 5 stars.

• captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options

I got to that phase a few months ago. Made Okoye my favorite and now she is 30 or so levels past everyone else.

• DAZ0273
    Options

The above 5* completion is my goal but I have to admit than when I just reach the "favourite 5* for very long time" stage it is gonna be tough. I like fully covering the 5s coz it feels like a journey that champion levels does not.

I still have a way to go though so I can still enjoy the chase right now.

• DAZ0273
    Options

I am down to 9 Classic 5s! That's it! So what delights do I have to chase? Good question, glad you asked it! Pick one from this motley crew I have to:

Big Wheel
    Loki
    Odin
    Heimdall
    Samurai Daken
    Sersi
    Green Goblin
    Captain America (First Avenger)
    Mister Sinister

I guess Cap?