Roster progress report, and plans for your roster

Options

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022
    Options

Yeah SC was my first champed 5* as well and still the highest leveled at 461. I do almost every challenge node with him, 3* Emma and Valkyrie with 2 black covers.

• fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@fractalvisions said:

@fractalvisions said:
    All classic 5s rostered! It took me a lot longer than hothie, but I got there.
    Day: 1357SR: 147
    569/70 rostered (and just 200 more shards needed to roster Kamala Khan)21 @ lvl 330, with 1 fully covered.
    All rostered 70/126 champions
    PlansI'm still focusing ISO on champing 4s for now, but may put a little into my most used 5s sometime soon.
    For the time being, I'll spend my CP on special stores. I just spent what I had (~250) on the new release store and got two covers for Mighty Thor, so I think that worked out well.

Time for a post-anniversary (and 4th year personal anniversary) update.

Day: 1460
    SR: 155

All except Arcade rostered.
    24 @ lvl 330 including
    13 covers: Apocalypse
    12 covers: Shang-chi
    11 covers: Colossus, Kitty Pryde, Dr. Thor
    10 covers: Scarlet Witch

85/131 champions

Plans
    Still focusing on those 4s, but getting ever closer to the point where I may start levelling (and even champing?) 5s. Particularly as Colossus, Kitty and Shang all have saved covers now.

New Year update:

Day: 1525
    SR: 160

5*
    All rostered.
    26 @ lvl 330 including
    13 covers: Apocalypse, Colossus, Dr. Thor, Shang-Chi
    12 covers:
    11 covers: Kitty Pryde, Dr. Strange
    10 covers: Ghostpool, Cyclops, Scarlet Witch

4*
    92/134 champions

Plans
    Shardmas has resulted in me having 3 more 5*s ready to champ, but also means that I have a much longer list of excuses (i.e. 4*s that I'd like to get champed) to avoid moving to 5* land. :wink:

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,670 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So I seem to have landed on a bunch of champable 5's

Arcade - fully covered - need iso to champ
    Carnage - fully covered but lvl 255 - need iso to champ
    RiRi - 4/4/4
    Elektra - 4/4/4
    Abigail - 4/4/4
    Crystal - 5/4/3

Obviously RiRi is the next priority to champ but not sure who to make a project after that. Do people use Carnage anymore? I don't ever see him. He doesn't seem a priority but somebody to bring up as I have spare iso.

Then it is E v A v C - I am leaning towards Crystal but I do like Elektra's kit. Hmm. Well not a terrible "problem" to have I guess.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Abigail dead last.
    Riri - Elektra - Crystal - Carnage - Arcade.

You'll never use anyone except maybe Riri anyway.

• Sekilicious
    edited January 2023
    Options

I see Crystal quite often in SIM in place of Shulk with Hulkgasm (maybe I’m skipping the same person over and over, lol). But yeah, all mentioned characters are good when boosted but mostly sit on the bench. I remember hating Carbage as a 4* player. I wonder if he still gives 4* players fits.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,429 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

RiRi -> Crystal -> Arcade -> Elektra -> Carnage -> Abigail.

Crystal has a lot of uses and is one of the best thirds in pick 3. Her healing is top tier, and if you have apocalypse she is a great partner for him.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,972 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Abigail is possibly the worst 5* in the entire game. Like, I know Wasp exists...but one could construct a case that Abigail is actually worse, and it wouldn't be insane at all.

Everybody else on this list falls into the "good when boosted, otherwise unusable" pile, where 95% of the 5* tier lives. Flip a coin!

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023
    Options

Among Elektra, Abigail and Crystal, I would say go for Crystal next because she provides better kind of defensive/support usage in pick-3 pvps or shield sim. PvE wise, she won't be as useful as of now, unless the dev increase the difficulty level of scl 10. As for Abigail, she still doesn't have teammates who can help her excel in her other abilities that is not related to team healing. If the dev creates another character in the future who can synergise with her active yellow cd, her usage would be much higher.

Elektra would be better with Electro against teams that can deal AoE frequently. This duo against AoE team melts them quickly. Throw in 5* Emma for 70% damage boost and matches finish against those particular teams even quicker. If you've great yellow ap feeders, then Elektra would be better. Her trap gives her back 1 yellow ap per trap tiles activated. She also has a 2-turn red stun which is could be useful. She does have a niche use against characters who creates strike tiles constantly by stealing one and debuffing the rest.

As for Carbage vs Arcade, they belong to the fun category. I like both of them. For Carbage, if you/AI could constantly maintain 4 enemy special tiles every turn, you get an extra free match which also creates one strike tile. He could be good with KK for those chip damage. But the matches could be slow with all those special tiles and attack tiles creation every turn.

Arcade has proven to hit hard even when unboosted, plus he feeds u extra ap in match with his trap tiles. Don't be too bothered about his Control Room tile getting destroyed because you can fire purple to get it back again and it affects only his matched trap tiles. His nuke is still Poison Cloud afterall.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Well I haven't made much progress on champing the 4/4/4 or Crystal but I did end up champing Arcade, Riri and have Monkey ready to champ upon iso becoming available. Then out of nowhere appeared:

Star-Lord! 4/4/4 and with the most shards towards his next cover than all of the others!
    Kingpin 5/3/4

I suspect they had been secretly lying in this state for some length of time without my noticing?

So now I am now back to 6 battling it out!

Now Star-Lord...he seems ripe for a Guardians themed store.

I failed completely in getting any covers in the Abigail store for her or Kingpin (apart from JJ) so I figure they are dead at present.

Carbage. Hmm. He actually is fully covered with over 800 shards so he can go anytime he likes really (after Monkey, Monkey need iso).

So we are back to Crystal v Elektra I guess.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options

It’s been over a month and a half now since my last post here and with what hath occurred today I figured now would be a good time for an update.

I finally now champed Emma after only needing 1 power for her. The Good Fortune store and the First Characters Vault didn’t net me that power and I had to take the long route of getting it thru her 4* counterpart but that was achieved today and now she sits as my third champed 5, being my second highest leveled character now at 454.

Chasm is still 305 shards from his champing but one more champed 4 nets me 160 shards toward that and with the CP and LL’s I have saved now whenever I pull those will land him as my 4th champed 5 so probably not till end of the month at least for him.

As far as putting a dent into my champable 4’s, I have since champed 7 of them since my last post but I still have 16! that I can champ now so that number has gone up since last update. That’s no longer a big concern of mine as the number keeps growing.

My long term goal now is to get Kamala champed here soon after I finish off Chasm. She’s sitting at 3/3/3 with 289 shards. The 700 I get from adding 19 more 5’s will now go to her and I also champed Lockjaw in this past month to get ready to level him up and get another power for her that way so I’m expecting her to be champed in another 2 months or so.

• Sekilicious
    Options

If you have Apocalypse and/or BRB then Kamala is really good. Otherwise she is just ok. Targeting her won’t change much. IHulk will help PvP even under covered. Mine was effective at 2/1/1 lvl 290

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023
    Options

Ihulk is better the smaller he is, because the strategy of killing him over and over again to make him tank over Chasm just doesn't work with a tiny ihulk.

• Sekilicious
    edited February 2023
    Options

Yeah. The best part is few people in baby champed MMR have 5* Thanos because my hulk is begging to be killed repeatedly by boosted match damage.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Kamala is just my next target for now as she’s the closest 5 I have to champ after Chasm and also the easiest route to get there. Neither my BRB or Apoc are well covered so it’s more about the ease and convenience of doing her next rather than doing it to actually use her lol.

That could obviously change whenever I do decide to start pulling tokens again but I haven’t really figured out when that would be yet. I’m leaning toward wasting some at the end of the month as a birthday present to myself though so we’ll see.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Sekilicious said:
    Yeah. The best part is few people in baby champed MMR have 5* Thanos because my hulk is begging to be killed repeatedly by boosted match damage.

Hmm...I do happen to have a champed Thanos and baby champed MMR, what slice did you say you played in? ;)

• Sekilicious
    Options

Slice 1. See you soon.

• Sekilicious
    Options

@bigjojo04 said:
    Kamala is just my next target for now as she’s the closest 5 I have to champ after Chasm and also the easiest route to get there. Neither my BRB or Apoc are well covered so it’s more about the ease and convenience of doing her next rather than doing it to actually use her lol.

That could obviously change whenever I do decide to start pulling tokens again but I haven’t really figured out when that would be yet. I’m leaning toward wasting some at the end of the month as a birthday present to myself though so we’ll see.

Yeah, you know what is best for your roster. I would never say the way others are approaching the game is incorrect. I’m just making suggestions to show the different options available. Also, champed Kamala pairs very well with Polaris.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Sekilicious said:
    Slice 1. See you soon.

Slice 1, eh? I'll never find you, lol!

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Sekilicious said:
    Yeah SC was my first champed 5* as well and still the highest leveled at 461. I do almost every challenge node with him, 3* Emma and Valkyrie with 2 black covers.

Out of curiosity, why 3* Emma instead of 5? Is it the 3 yellow passive? Also, wouldn't 5* Emma's red passive boost SC?

I just covered MThor so now I'm working on covering him

• Sekilicious
    Options

Because SC is primarily based around match damage the 70% boost from 5* Emma doesn’t work with him. He doesn’t need it anyways. 3* Emma makes him 5/5/5 which gives him more control and let’s him hit harder. He is also really good with mThor. Charged tiles do work for boosting his match damage.