*** Sentry (Dark Avengers) ***

Options

Comments

• I'm moving to 5/3/5. World Rupture is just so hard to get any value out of now.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I went to 5/4/4 in hopes that they would fix WR eventually and it would be easier to re-spec in the future. You won't be playing much of him as-is right now anyway.
  • This should confuse you. I'm a proponent of 5 green. Most ppl I've seen have 535. Per NorthernPolarity, 5 red is his best ability right now.
  • I have him at 5/3/5 because I feel that WR is useless now. I agree that pairing him with Patch/Daken lessens the damage taken by Supernova. But since the nerf, he's been on the backburner on my team.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As i was playing with him in PvP / PvE, I was just thinking to myself what skills I actually used, and those were predominantly supernova / sacrifice since those always immediately impacted the game. World rupture is still the way to go in a hypothetical heroic scenario where you need him to carry your team with damage. Since he's a villain though, we don't really need to consider that case, so go for the skills that you actually use (aka not world rupture).
  • I'm keeping mine where it is, because WR can still do a ton of damage, and it needs to be at 5 to do that. He's someone to occasionally bring in as a bomb on a tough PVE node, as I see it. I think I'm more likely to nerf sacrifice than world rupture.

It depends if you want to maximize his value as a specialty damage bomb or maximize his value when he's required or essential. General use, that is when he's required, 5/3/5 is probably best. Specialty, damage bomb use, it's 3/5/5.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    hes just there to tank red when he's essential- and sacrifice since I don't care if he makes it or not
  • patrice789
    patrice789 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Ok, maybe because I never did Prodigal Sun PVE event, butt does the final choice node match always give you a Sentry cover?
  • patrice789 wrote:
    Ok, maybe because I never did Prodigal Sun PVE event, butt does the final choice node match always give you a Sentry cover?

Yes. I believe its a red cover.
  • no, he's only playable on his featured lightning rounds.
  • Inarius
    Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm seeing 5/3/5 as the new build but didn't it used to be 3/5/5?

Is his red more powerful or something?
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Inarius wrote:
    I'm seeing 5/3/5 as the new build but didn't it used to be 3/5/5?

Is his red more powerful or something?

His green sucks since its been neutered and 5 red can do some damage on defense.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I switched from 3/5/5 to 5/3/5 simply because I think that the 5 Red is much scarier to attack that 5 Green. Bring Luke Cage and Sentry's Green damage is pretty much reduced to 0. Or with the extra countdown turn you have a better chance to destroy the tiles with X-Force or any other board shaker as well as match them away. But when he hits you with that Supernova, man it really sucks. And the same on offense. With the extra AP to cast Green and the extra countdown, and the fact that Hood is now so much better with 5 Yellow, his Green just isn't reliable any more. But Red can end a match pretty quickly, even if you take some team damage as well.
  • dfields3710
    dfields3710 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Can someone give me a good team to fit sentry in and what his best build would be on that team.pls and thx
  • dfields3710
    dfields3710 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I know Sentry was an OP character and he was a tank within a tank with nukes for guns but if you look at his description HE HAS THE POWER IF A MILLION SUNS!!(Marvel's superman?) He was created to be super awesome and nerfing him to the point where he is unusable isn't right. Sentry before the Nerf was the main reason I took my brother's advice to play and invest in MPQ and even after nerfing him I stuck with the game and kept tryna find compatible teams to match him with.

I don't want him to be super OP but make him useful again. He is my fav Character next to Nick Fury. And even though he is really Ares 3* version but with a different name. He was created for a reason. His redflag.png and greenflag.png powers are awesome(even after the nerf) he does good damage and the drawbacks for it hurts his team(a good consequence). His yellowflag.png to me is a little to risky so I wouldn't max that. His health is huge cause of the damage he can take and the damage he deals to himself and his team.

I'm not saying make him the best 3* character again. Just make him middle tier so I won't be wasting time trying to upgrade him. I put him on teams that heal themselves like daken and Spidey and OBW. And now it seems mediocre to even have him anymore.

Just please make him usable again. That all I'm asking.

P.S.
    If you use Colossus yellowflag.png before using sentry's red and green would Colossus's effect still half the damage. Thx
  • Can someone give me a good team to fit sentry in and what his best build would be on that team.pls and thx
    I think a great team to go along with Sentry is Patch and Professor X, and now maybe the new Ms. Marvel! And I'd say his best build for that team would be 553, but 535 would also work
  • Can someone give me a good team to fit sentry in and what his best build would be on that team.pls and thx
    Probably regenerators that spit out strike tiles like patch+ldaken, for a big supernova+cascades.
    Probably regenerators that spit out strike tiles like patch+ldaken, for a big supernova+cascades.
  • Inarius
    Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    can anybody tell me how much damage does a maxed out Supernova/Sacrifice combo does?

do all those shattered red tiles get the bonus from the sacrifice strike tile, cause that will make him do like 9k dmg per target up to 27k to the enemy team?
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Inarius wrote:
    can anybody tell me how much damage does a maxed out Supernova/Sacrifice combo does?

do all those shattered red tiles get the bonus from the sacrifice strike tile, cause that will make him do like 9k dmg per target up to 27k to the enemy team?

All the damage from Supernova is done in one chunk, so it benefits from any/all strike tiles once per casting.