*** Ragnarok (Dark Avengers) ***

Unknown
edited November 2016 in Character Details
[anchor=ragnarok3]Ragnarok (Dark Avengers Thor)[/anchor] icon_ragnarok.png
3 Star Rarity (Rare) Discussion link. Wiki link.
At Max Level: HP: 10710 Tile damage: 13/70/61/11/79/12/3.0
    Godlike Power - Green 14 greentile.png
    Ragnarok slams his hammer down, releasing a wave of electricity that scars the battlefield. Deals 203 damage to all enemies and 137 to allies. Destroys a random column. Does not generate AP.
      Level 2: Deals 266 damage to enemies and 137 to allies. Level 3: Deals 331 damage to enemies and 137 to allies. Level 4: Deals 461 damage to enemies and 137 to allies. Level 5: Deals 719 damage to enemies and 137 to allies.
    MAX Level 5: Deals 2276 damage to all enemies and 435 to allies.
      Thunderclap - Red 6 redtile.png
      Ragnarok gathers dark clouds and calls down a bolt of lightning. Adds 2 Blue tiles to the board, then deals 71 damage.
        Level 2: Convert 3 tiles. Level 3: Dealing 128 damage. Level 4: Convert 4 tiles. Level 5: Dealing 185 damage.
      Max Level: 1175 damage
        Lightning Rod - Blue 8 bluetile.png
        Ragnarok hurls his hammer into the thunderclouds, where it absorbs the power of the storm. Creates 1 Green Charged tile. Catching the hammer charges the cyborg with electricity, giving him a burst of 312 health.
          Level 2: Creates 1 Charged tile. Ragnarok heals 371 health. Level 3: Creates 2 Charged tiles. Ragnarok heals 371 health. Level 4: Creates 2 Charged tiles. Ragnarok heals 480 health. Level 5: Creates 3 Charged tiles. Ragnarok heals 552 health.
        MAX Level 5: Creates 3 Charged tiles. Ragnarok heals 1754 health.

v3.0
          Godlike Power - Green 10 greentile.png
          Ragnarok exhibits his godlike power, cleaving the battlefield in two. Destroys the two center columns of tiles so completely they don’t generate AP.
            Level 2: Costs 1 AP less. Level 3: Costs 1 AP less. Level 4: Costs 1 AP less. Level 5: Costs 1 AP less.
            Thunderclap - Red 6 redtile.png
            Ragnarok calls upon the storm, dealing 71 damage to the current target and changing 2 tiles of any color to Green.
              Level 2: Convert 3 tiles. Level 3: Dealing 128 damage. Level 4: Convert 4 tiles. Level 5: Dealing 185 damage.
            Max Level: 1175 damage

v2.0
            (stat block added by moderator Nonce Equitaur)

[anchor=ragnarok3]Ragnarok (Dark Avengers Thor)[/anchor]
            3 Star Rarity (Rare) Wiki link.
            At Max Level: HP: 7111 Tile damage: 10/51/10/11/51/11

v2.0
              Godlike Power - Green 10 AP
              Ragnarok exhibits his godlike power, cleaving the battlefield in two. Destroys the two center columns of tiles so completely they don’t generate AP.
              Level Upgrades
                Level 2: Costs 1 AP less. Level 3: Costs 1 AP less. Level 4: Costs 1 AP less. Level 5: Costs 1 AP less.
                Thunderclap - Red 6 AP
                Ragnarok calls upon the storm, dealing 71 damage to the current target and changing 2 tiles of any color to Green.
                Level Upgrades
                Max Level: 633 damage

v1.0
                  Level Upgrades
                    Thunderclap - Red 6 AP
                    Ragnarok calls upon the storm, dealing 118 damage to the current target and changing 5 tiles of any color to Green.
                    Level Upgrades
                    Max Level: 754 damage

Earlier post:
                    Original post:
                    I know this may piss people off, but I almost wish they'd give Ragnarok a third skill.

Earlier version of stats:
                    [anchor=ragnarok3]Ragnarok (Dark Avengers Thor)[/anchor]
                    3 Star Rarity (Rare) Discussion link. Wiki link.
                    At Max Level: HP: 7111 Tile damage: 10/51/10/11/51/11
                      Level Upgrades
                        Thunderclap - Red 6 AP
                        Level Upgrades
                        Max Level: 633 damage

Older abilities:
                          Level Upgrades
                            Thunderclap - Red 6 AP
                            Ragnarok calls upon the storm, dealing 118 damage to the current target and changing 5 tiles of any color to Green.
                            Level Upgrades
                            Max Level: 754 damage

Original post:
                            ragnarok can fit in almost any team

+high HP
                            +high damage
                            +low requirement AP [only 2 RED AP!! AND 6 GREEN!!]

-only have 2 abilty/skill whic are way too powerful

he should be banned. it's such a pain fighting eemy with high level ragnaro, except we own and use ragnarok too

in the last tournament. the only enemy i must use 2 try to beat is team with high level ragnarok.

not to mention the unstable iso-8 lv115 ragnarok ^^

Comments

• Ragnarok maybe over power but it can be counter, like his red power can increase daken passive and I run a stun team, I can easily overpower a Ragnarok player. But not in this dark avengers tournament player with Ragnarok are ensure to be on the top ten ranks. It show a indirect way of pay to win. It not fair for players that don't pay. I do own Ragnarok but im speak for player who dont pay to play.
                            • Aiolia wrote:
                              Ragnarok maybe over power but it can be counter, like his red power can increase daken passive and I run a stun team, I can easily overpower a Ragnarok player. But not in this dark avengers tournament player with Ragnarok are ensure to be on the top ten ranks. It show a indirect way of pay to win. It not fair for players that don't pay. I do own Ragnarok but im speak for player who dont pay to play.

sure it can be defeated. but daken hardly menacing at all. the most terrifying part is his 2 AP requirement, meanwhile another char need at least 8-10 AP to use his ability. ironman max 50 is nothing compared to ragnarok [5/5] lv35.
                              daken is easily beaten with almost every character, just try to match his strike tile. and done
                            • I have a ragnarok but only 2/0 which isn't that great icon_e_sad.gif you have to spent a loooot of money to get those two powers to at least 4. or get pretty lucky on roll outs of covers.
                            • Ragnarok is one of the few covers I don't have (Loki being one of the others).
                            • hogunner wrote:
                              Ragnarok is one of the few covers I don't have (Loki being one of the others).

There should be a trade system so you can have my loki and you could give me something icon_e_smile.gif
                            • johangsl wrote:
                              hogunner wrote:
                              Ragnarok is one of the few covers I don't have (Loki being one of the others).

There should be a trade system so you can have my loki and you could give me something icon_e_smile.gif

Ha! I don't have any extra covers atm but maybe once I do. icon_e_wink.gif
                            • I'm not even bothering with this Dark Avengers tournament because I don't have a leveled up Ragnarok.
                            • ccseifert wrote:
                              I'm not even bothering with this Dark Avengers tournament because I don't have a leveled up Ragnarok.

I'm only aiming for the 1000 moonstone, thats it for me.
                            • I got a ragnarok...with lvl2 green....not even bothering to try this event...
                            • Unknown
                              edited July 2015
                              Hi Guys,

I was lucky enough to get both red and green powers for Ragnarok.
                              Question: Is it worth to level up or will they nerf him in the coming patch?
                              I just dont want to spend so much HP/ISO points and then he is no good to use.

Any thoughts would be nice.
                            • Don't know if they're going to nerf him.. it would be a big slap in the face to people who spent HP if they do, considering they had sales last week with + chance to get Ragnarok.
                            • ZzzWolph wrote:
                              Don't know if they're going to nerf him.. it would be a big slap in the face to people who spent HP if they do, considering they had sales last week with + chance to get Ragnarok.

I think it might literally be enough to make people quit this game. Not a great idea for a game that just managed to get on its stride; after all, it's all about dollars and cents at the end of the day.
                            • It wouldn't be impossible. Right now, Ragnarok and Classic Storm seems set for nerfing if there actually is any nerfing to be done. I still think that you should go for it though. I would.
                            • Bombul wrote:
                              ZzzWolph wrote:
                              Don't know if they're going to nerf him.. it would be a big slap in the face to people who spent HP if they do, considering they had sales last week with + chance to get Ragnarok.

I think it might literally be enough to make people quit this game. Not a great idea for a game that just managed to get on its stride; after all, it's all about dollars and cents at the end of the day.

it does make sense to nerf him tho...i don't have a ragnarok but faced off against a whole lot, and my god, the chains sometimes are so ridiculous. having to watch 6 abilities in a row is super freaking annoying, especially if its a ragnarok/spiderman. blues chained with 2 activation? 5 stuns being used, i generally am unable to do anything for a minute while all the abilities are going off.
                            • So you're really just upset that Spiderman has got your team stunned?

Or more specifically, your C. Storm is stunned, and can't do Raging Tempest?

I think the problem does not lie with Ragnarok here.
                            • i just get tired of watching a character appear and use an ability. followed by the same character using the same ability. followed by the same character using the same ability.

the problem is with ragnarok especially, his green ability clears the middle of the board and red creates greens, so if he gets a red match, he'll start this chain of events of ability after ability after ability that you have to keep watching and being unable to do anything. then throw spiderman with a 2ap blue move, and that's more ability chains you have to watch.

ragnarok is the key initiator of these chains with the way his red and green works. i don't like just SITTING there watching these chains play out over and over and over again.

(i think my record was 11 ability uses in a row)

edit: a solution to this would be to increase the ap costs of this while increasing the damage of the ability itself. the damage is low to offset the ap costs, so if his red was 6ap while being 3x the damage, i think it would be ok (and maybe acceptable for you now bombul?)

i compare it to a cc chain in WoW, you literally can't do something for 10 seconds and was a known problem stated by blizzard about how unfun it is being unable to do something with ur character
                            • No matter if they are going to nerf or boost it, you will nv know. Just play on and counter and changes to your strategy.
                            • I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the AI only uses each skill only ONCE per round. If they don't have enough AP for a particular skill at the start of their round, they will not use it even if they use a skill that generates enough AP for it. Just from my experience, but again.. I could be wrong.

If you're having troubles vs. Spidey or Rag, you should try denying them the colors they need. Match red/blue and they won't be able to do anything. It works better if you have characters that use those colors too, naturally. For Spidey you could also just match the yellows to remove the web tiles. He can't stun your whole team in one turn.
                            • i generally don't have trouble, but sometimes luck just falls into place and they get a four clear of green falling from the sky, then everything chains into the nether...and zzzwolph, i'm like 75% sure that if they get all these board clears from using those abilities and have enough ap for another skill, they use the skill. i think it resets whether to look for an ability if it cascades.

cuz i know for a fact i got stunned 3 times in a row by spidey after a green clear by ragnarok, then hit by red just yesterday. i'm not calling for a nerf, i'm saying i'd rather like it if the animations didn't play out for 30-1 minute in a row, and to semi fix this is to increase cost of ability and power.

its like daken and bullseyes passives going off every round, just so damn slow/annoying to watch.
                            • Would prefer boost other characters to be competitive. He is a 3 star after all