MPQ 11th Anniversary Zombie Slayer Community Challenge

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,145 Chairperson of the Boards

@bluewolf said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@Tac said:
    I'm not sure what's the worst part: Putting a rebalance on the line over a community challenge ; or making the main way to gain points for it tied to costumes, destroying the tradition of those being a cosmetic only thing :/

Both feel so dire for the future of the game it overshadows my excitement for the stone.

What is this, like the 357th time somebody has declared that the future of the game is doomed (tm)?

One of these days, they’ll be right!

I reckon we have at least another 100 to go!

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 3 October 2024, 14:38

@Tac said:
    I'm not sure what's the worst part: Putting a rebalance on the line over a community challenge ; or making the main way to gain points for it tied to costumes, destroying the tradition of those being a cosmetic only thing :/

Both feel so dire for the future of the game it overshadows my excitement for the stone.

Well, if this years anniversary challenge is anything like last years, it will be less of a challenge and more of an easy mode victory that we will surpass without even trying and they are basically just giving us these rewards and making us feel like we accomplished something.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,425 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 3 October 2024, 14:41

Leaderboard. Pay to play pass

Screw this game it's becoming a pay to win

I **** I forgot all events have leaderboards lol

If a zombie bites me can I stay home and play this 24/7 so I can place in the leaderboard

I

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,199 Chairperson of the Boards

@Tac said:

Where do you see it tied to costumes? It's tied to cover swaps. Changing the covers for the characters is an easy way to mark which characters give the extra bonus points because this forum is always littered with people saying they have no idea which characters to use. Now it's easier to see.

KGB

• slidecage

How the hell do you swap covers

• rg72
    rg72 Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    edited 3 October 2024, 14:43

@Alfje17 said:
    Just beat the zombie team in the Headpool event with Immortal Hulk, Pool5 (Spirit) and Samurai Daken and still no points on my Anniversary Pass. Am I missing something?

I beat it 4 times and then it red ticked on me, so I can't now beat it for the 5th 250ISO award. Odd

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 817 Critical Contributor

@slidecage said:
    Leaderboard. Pay to play pass

Screw this game it's becoming a pay to win

I **** I forgot all events have leaderboards lol

If a zombie bites me can I stay home and play this 24/7 so I can place in the leaderboard

I

I always find it hard to decipher what mood slide cage is in when he types
    God love him.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,199 Chairperson of the Boards

@slidecage said:
    How the hell do you swap covers

You don't. They are auto swapped for you in the roster screen. Cover swaps are the comic covers for the characters. They've done this for years periodically at various times, especially Halloween.

KGB

• slidecage
    edited 3 October 2024, 14:47

Tiny phone big fingers.

Plus too lazy to spell it Grammer check 😂😂😂

Also these one and two star supports are a waste. Most if not all have them all to at least rank 3

• Tac
    Tac Posts: 23 Just Dropped In

@KGB said:
    Where do you see it tied to costumes? It's tied to cover swaps.

"Earn bonus progress when defeating or playing with Doctor Strange (Dead Strange), Headpool, or Spider-Man (Zombie)

5 Points per Zombie Hero defeated"

both works but 5strange and spiderman costumes are 5x more efficient that the other options.

• DJ47057
    DJ47057 Posts: 52 Match Maker

@DAZ0273 said:
    The Anniversary has been eaten.

Let's go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint and wait for this all to blow over.

Right after a Cornetto

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,397 Chairperson of the Boards

Do ascended characters count as cover swapped? Looks like in game, only un ascended have the themed covers

• MPQBlaine
    MPQBlaine ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 169 Tile Toppler

@Scofie said:
    I came on to ask the question about how to collect the SXP. Perhaps in the introducing event?

Edit: No, that didn't work.

Check out this FAQ on the Anniversary Pass! Hope this helps.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/91008/introducing-the-anniversary-pass-and-f-a-q

• MPQBlaine

@rainkingucd said:
    Do ascended characters count as cover swapped? Looks like in game, only un ascended have the themed covers

Yes, for the purposes of this challenge Ascended Characters count.

• cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 405 Mover and Shaker

Which Spider-Man is Spider-Man (Zombie)?
    I don't have 5trange (Dead) so I'll try to use SpideyZombie and Headpool as much as possible with whichever bonus hero gives most points. Is there one that is original AND cover swapped?

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,426 Chairperson of the Boards

Maybe it's me but that FAQ doesn't even remotely answer all the questions one might have.

• MPQBlaine

@LavaManLee said:
    Maybe it's me but that FAQ doesn't even remotely answer all the questions one might have.

Please throw any questions in that thread! This is a new tool so we're happy to answer and learn alongside you.

• MPQBlaine

@cooperbigdaddy said:
    I don't have 5trange (Dead) so I'll try to use SpideyZombie and Headpool as much as possible with whichever bonus hero gives most points. Is there one that is original AND cover swapped?

Spider-Man (Zombie) is an upcoming costume for 4-Star Spider-Man (Infinity War). He'll be available for purchase soon! In the meantime, he can be defeated in the new Anniversary events. Like MPQ Vs. Zombies or Headpool's intro event!

• cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 405 Mover and Shaker

@MPQBlaine said:

@cooperbigdaddy said:

Spider-Man (Zombie) is an upcoming costume for 4-Star Spider-Man (Infinity War). He'll be available for purchase soon! In the meantime, he can be defeated in the new Anniversary events. Like MPQ Vs. Zombies or Headpool's intro event!

Gotcha. Well, since I'm a free player, I won't be using any of the purchased suits and will only use the other bonuses. Sorry, community! :D

• MPQBlaine

@cooperbigdaddy said:

@MPQBlaine said:

@cooperbigdaddy said:

Gotcha. Well, since I'm a free player, I won't be using any of the purchased suits and will only use the other bonuses. Sorry, community! :D

That is perfectly okay! We've got tons of F2P options to engage with the challenge. Have fun and get to slaying those zombies!