MPQ 11th Anniversary Zombie Slayer Community Challenge

Comments

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,028 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bzhai said:

@slidecage said:
    Still waiting for the day

Sorry folks we missed the goal but just for the low low amount of $$$$$ you can buy the rewards the group missed out on

Why not they do it for the seasonal quest

I think I would open up my wallet for this. Over the skip the line

See you in 20 days then.

Anyway, there's seems to be an uptick over the weekend. But can we sustain this now that Headpool pvp and pve is ending?

3-star Angel is a zombie cover switch, so that should help maintain some momentum.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 934 Critical Contributor

@MegaBee said:

@Bzhai said:

@slidecage said:
    Still waiting for the day

Sorry folks we missed the goal but just for the low low amount of $$$$$ you can buy the rewards the group missed out on

Why not they do it for the seasonal quest

I think I would open up my wallet for this. Over the skip the line

See you in 20 days then.

Anyway, there's seems to be an uptick over the weekend. But can we sustain this now that Headpool pvp and pve is ending?

3-star Angel is a zombie cover switch, so that should help maintain some momentum.

Was just typing that out and will add the next few pvps after Angel are not cover switches. Hopefully The Labyrinth starting tomorrow has tons of zombies/cover swaps AND repeatable nodes.

• WilliamK1983

That's fantastic news! I'll see you in hell Disruptions node.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker

@WilliamK1983 said:

Haha. I think , I have hit that node atleast 40 times.

It would be awesome if the next doop code appears and become valid after ppl have cleared the disruptions node 50 times. But that might be toooo evil.

• WilliamK1983
    edited 9 October 2024, 22:36

@Codex said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

Haha. I think , I have hit that node atleast 40 times.

It would be awesome if the next doop code appears and become valid after ppl have cleared the disruptions node 50 times. But that might be toooo evil.

I'm glad they listed the doop codes on whichever announcement it was. I didn't know how many we were up to at that point.

• moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 187 Tile Toppler

No update on week 1 zombie winners?

I thought it said deadline 5pm PDT every Wednesday

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 659 Critical Contributor

Week 1 is in the books and congrats to the winners below for being the top 10 zombie slayers! Also grats to the community for chugging through tier 2!

Week 1 Oct 3 - 9 : 5-Star Spider-Man (Back In Black) + Ascended Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff)
    samtong
    Tylander
    shamsali.30
    Lidocaine
    Velcrofish
    Beowulf224
    SuperMagicDude
    Dario83
    Captain Mrvl
    Swordfox2014

• Pottsie1980
    Pottsie1980 Posts: 50 Match Maker

High scorers, any tips/team combinations used to maximise score?

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,762 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 14 October 2024, 11:11

@Pottsie1980 said:
    High scorers, any tips/team combinations used to maximise score?

I am sure the answer is “have a life that allows you to grind MPQ for many hours more than most people”.

The maximum allowable points per node are well laid out. The “best” approach would be to grind the MPQ vs Zombie nodes that include the special 5 point Strange/Spidey for as many hours as you can fit into your day. Using your own costumed Strange, 5Omega and 5Agatha is probably the fastest team with 7 points per hit, depending on your ascended characters etc.

Edit: I have been advised that many people who grind PvP (a lot) did well here - players who hit lightning rounds or simulator a lot. You’d obviously need to play against swapped cover characters. There’s a big advantage to hitting PvP nodes as far as direct rewards (covers, iso etc and ascended toons mean a good return on covers) so that makes a lot of sense.

Essentially the key is “play lots and lots of MPQ vs cover swapped or zombie toons” - then play more than you normally would. There are people who pay PvP for many hours a day, every day.

Max-min effort won’t overcome highly engaged grinders.

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 449 Mover and Shaker
    edited 14 October 2024, 12:56

Probably not the first to say I wish ascended chars covers were also swapped. My roster is even more confusing than usual, and chars that I only have an ascended copy of, I am oblivious to the swap.

Not that I have any way of knowing how my zombie-killin' is going anyway.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,762 Chairperson of the Boards

We are currently juuust under halfway on the 14th day. Progress has slowed as we were running a few million ahead of target until a few days ago.

I note that Shield Simulator closed a couple days ago and we are in the off season when people often play less PvP.

Also, people are getting a bit tired of the boost list for PvP.

Hopefully the PvP grinders pick up again once the new season starts. Also hopefully people play a lot of the PVE’s where we face cover swapped enemies (there are very few in the current Simulator, which is also one of the least-played PVE’s).

• Jonny1Punch
    Jonny1Punch Posts: 435 Mover and Shaker

This is very cool! Grateful for these challenges and thank you to @entrailbucket for letting me know about this via our Clochards alliance chat!

• Pottsie1980

The latest node looks like it would be a good one to grind some points out of. Plenty of low level zombies

• cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 405 Mover and Shaker

I don't have either zombie costume (Strange or IWSpidey) but I've been using my Headpool, under-leveled 5Omega Red, and 4Blade to grind the node that popped up today! I think we can get the 5th tier! Let's griiiiiiiiiiind.

• Pottsie1980

Omega, Agatha & head pool for me. Hopefully the last week has plenty of zombie enemies. Last couple of days has been good. The stone looks within reach.

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 593 Critical Contributor

I've been using 5*OR, zombie-Strange and Elsa Bloodstone. Her red is very good against those invisible shades...

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,028 Chairperson of the Boards

I did a ton of grinding the zombie nodes over the past couple of days and realized how very un-fun grinding is...

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,719 Chairperson of the Boards

I don't know if I'm allowed to ask, but how much time are people putting into this? Gauging how much I need to put in to do my part. I just grinded the Disruptions node for two hours today. Have I contributed enough?