MPQ 11th Anniversary Zombie Slayer Community Challenge

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,161 Chairperson of the Boards

Is that cover swap list on the first page complete? Among others that I've noticed, 5-star Daredevil has a Zombie cover, but wasn't listed in the original "Featured Zombie Comic Book Cover Swaps" list:

5-Stars
    5 Star: Cable (Nathan Summers)
    5 Star: Elektra Elektra (Woman Without Fear)
    5 Star: Gambit (Classic)
    5 Star: Green Goblin (Norman Osborn)
    5 Star: Jean Grey (Phoenix)
    5 Star: She-Hulk (Immortal)
    5 Star: Silver Surfer (Skyrider)
    5 Star: May Parker (Spider-Girl)
    5 Star: Spider-Man (Back In Black)
    5 Star: Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
    5 Star: The Hulk (Bruce Banner)
    5 Star: The Hulk (Immortal)

Or are some swaps "featured" and others "normal"?

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,779 Chairperson of the Boards

@sambrookjm said:
    Is that cover swap list on the first page complete? Among others that I've noticed, 5-star Daredevil has a Zombie cover, but wasn't listed in the original "Featured Zombie Comic Book Cover Swaps" list:

Definitely not complete, I see 50 changed covers and I'm still missing a few because I only have the ascended version.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,342 Chairperson of the Boards

I see new ones every time I open tokens! Love them. I think we might need a pool of the favorite swapped covers. Where is the resident pollster @DAZ0273 when you need him? 🙂

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,762 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 4 October 2024, 13:52

So, a little more than 24 hours in and we are at a bit over 5 million points.

For a 28 day challenge and 200 million you need to get 7.14 million per day.

Ummmm pick up the pace! Tell your friends and ally mates! Grind more!

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 473 Mover and Shaker
    edited 4 October 2024, 16:03

I feel so dumb. What counts as a zombie team? What missions should I be doing to get community points?

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,199 Chairperson of the Boards

I think Zombie teams are the ones in the special PvEs that are only unlocking 1 node per day because those enemies were all zombies of regular goons/characters.

You can clear that node multiple times for rewards and then grind on it some more for extra community points if you want to really help out.

KGB

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 473 Mover and Shaker

That’s what I thought, but none of them are actually zombies yet. The only zombies I saw were in the first node of Headpool.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,762 Chairperson of the Boards

@liminal_lad said:
    I feel so dumb. What counts as a zombie team? What missions should I be doing to get community points?

After re-reading, if you fight anyone who has a swapped cover, that counts as a zombie team. And/or those new minions that look like zombies (Thugs etc) you see in the new events.

This should help us because all the swapped people are boosted so you’ll see them in PvP a lot.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,425 Chairperson of the Boards

@bluewolf said:

We never meet the final goal

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 817 Critical Contributor

@slidecage said:

@bluewolf said:

Wow...we won't with that attitude, although I do feel the game should be prompting people to get in involved.
    I only know you lot and I expect nothing less than 24/7 grinding from each and every one of you
    Or so help me....(shakes fist)

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 4 October 2024, 19:20

@slidecage said:

@bluewolf said:

We have met the final goal twice. Last year's anniversary challenge we met the goal pretty easily, and there was another one that was so easy they actually had to add a couple extra tiers of rewards because we got the final goal so early. Since then they seem to have upped the difficulty though.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,425 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 4 October 2024, 19:39

Okay we usually don't make the final goal made it twice out of what 10 times or more

Need little gif. Of fat person sitting on couch looking at piece of cake

Saying

I know will never reach it so why try

😂

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,244 Chairperson of the Boards

Not to mention, of the players that do know about these community challenges I'm sure there are some who have given up on trying to do them at all after the past several that we've failed to hit the final tier.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,805 Chairperson of the Boards

I really really want that stone but I really really really don’t want everyone else I play having that stone because currently next to no one I play has blue ap boosts. So I’m doing nothing intentionally towards getting it, sue me!

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 934 Critical Contributor
    edited 5 October 2024, 16:49

@mooken said:
    What would be incredibly helpful, both for our own testing and for awareness, is to let ppl know in-game when they've earned points towards the community goal. I have no idea how many points I've earned, and if I'm even earning points or not. Not to mention 80% of the player population who aren't aware of the event.

Expanding on those points these are the questions I have.

1- do we get points for using a cover swapped character or just for defeating one?

2- when defeating or playing with doctor strange(dead strange), headpool, or spider-man(zombie) it doesn't give a value for using one, just defeating one. What is the value for using one and is it per zombie hero used like it is defeated?

3- if you use three mpq originals in a battle, is it worth 1 point or 3? Same for midnight suns.

@MPQBlaine @S0kun any insights would be greatly appreciated.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 817 Critical Contributor

@WilliamK1983 said:

@Tony_Foot said:
    I really really want that stone but I really really really don’t want everyone else I play having that stone because currently next to no one I play has blue ap boosts. So I’m doing nothing intentionally towards getting it, sue me!

Boooooo, boo this man!

Are you saying boo or boo urns?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,145 Chairperson of the Boards

@WilliamK1983 said:

@Tony_Foot said:

Boooooo, boo this man!

At least he isn't giving up already like Slidecage and has an unreasonable malicious based reason for us to fail! The best type of reason!

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 934 Critical Contributor

@ThisisClemFandango said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

@Tony_Foot said:

Boooooo, boo this man!

Are you saying boo or boo urns?

Smithers!

@DAZ0273 said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

@Tony_Foot said:

Boooooo, boo this man!

At least he isn't giving up already like Slidecage and has an unreasonable malicious based reason for us to fail! The best type of reason!

Ahhhhh so that's what slide was saying.