Omega Red's Villainous Community Challenge

Options
123457

Comments

  • will7612
    will7612 Posts: 69 Match Maker
    Options

    "Why even play anymore . anything less for full progression. Rewards are a joke",

    Absolutely agree, the time and effort vs the "rewards" was not enticing at all, I would rather play not looking after this paticular challenge.

    We DESERVE better communication, its a game, but its also a business model, we are "clients" as well

  • WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    edited 2 July 2024, 00:22
    Options

    What an interesting social experiment this turned in to, perhaps that was the true intent!

    I feel I have read enough comments across this forum to deduce that the community would have actually been happier had this challenge not even existed at all. I get all of the points on how this could have been better, just interesting to see how something that I believe was intended to be a free reward sparked so much negative emotion.

    Now, do they take away community challenges completely, or risk more backlash and try to up their communication with another.

  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @WhiteBomber said:
    What an interesting social experiment this turned in to, perhaps that was the true intent!

    I feel I have read enough comments across this forum to deduce that the community would have actually been happier had this challenge not even existed at all. I get all of the points on how this could have been better, just interesting to see how something that I believe was intended to be a free reward sparked so much negative emotion.

    Now, do they take away community challenges completely, or risk more backlash and try to up their communication with another.

    Agree 100%. It's free stuff. Why are people complaining about free stuff? If we only got the level 1 reward, that is also free stuff, that nobody had to do anything to earn. Who cares if we theoretically could've "earned" more but didn't?

  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 816 Critical Contributor
    Options

    It's all about the stone. It's my only way of acquiring one, especially now with supports in pvp the whales will forever cheat, err reign supreme

  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @WilliamK1983 said:
    It's all about the stone. It's my only way of acquiring one, especially now with supports in pvp the whales will forever cheat, err reign supreme

    I'm sure they'll offer it again sometime.

  • WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    Options

    Oh, I can definitely dig it. I too only have 2 stones and that is only because they were given via the other community events. I personally will never see those rewards as long as things stay the way they are. I do hope that they keep doing these though and that we can win some more soon!

    Better communication would also be great, but shortcomings aside, I love me some free stuff (especially color stones). This entire event though was just kind of interesting and funny. Perhaps like the ol saying "no good deed goes unpunished"? ... or maybe, "if something is worth doing, it's worth doing right"?

  • WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    Options

    oh oh, actually "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice! ..." *nodding to himself

  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 816 Critical Contributor
    edited 2 July 2024, 01:36
    Options

    Yea we'll definitely get another crack at it. We earned what we earned and I'm cool with that. Could comms and rules have been explained better? Of course but it is what it is. The three infinity stones I have are all from challenges, two community and one forum. The forum one was wild, it was post ten times on forum in a month and you got the lvl 3 Reality Stone. I still think about that one often.

  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options

    @WhiteBomber said:
    Perhaps like the ol saying "no good deed goes unpunished"? ... or maybe, "if something is worth doing, it's worth doing right"?

    Great, now I want another community event with Frank Castle called "No good deed goes un-Punishered"

  • DashBC
    DashBC Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options

    While I generally loathe the in-game pop-up notifications, this might be a place for them.

    Maybe twice a day send an update where we are with this?

  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,543 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @DashBC said:
    While I generally loathe the in-game pop-up notifications, this might be a place for them.

    Maybe twice a day send an update where we are with this?

    I'd much prefer a banner or slot next to Versus / Story / Campaign for an "Events" tab.

    We don't even need to have the campaign there since once it is complete it's never used again.

    A simple stat page detailing the live events and their goals next to Versus and Story would do a lot to solve these problems.

  • Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options

    @dianetics said:
    I'd much prefer a banner or slot next to Versus / Story / Campaign for an "Events" tab.

    Inb4 "the engine doesn't allow it".
    I guess it's also the reason for the poor communication on the "official" forums

  • maqbaq
    maqbaq Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options

    Does the engine allow explaining who are and where to find „Super Villains” in mpq?

    I mean, the challenge is over and we still have no clue which characters belong to that group.

    How can you guys expect adding some in-game banners/functionalities if you can’t get a simple answer to a question from more than 2 weeks ago?😂

  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,915 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    We got what we got but it would definitely help if all the pertinent information to help the player base try and achieve the task was available from the start. It's like setting a task to match away red tiles and then 4 days later adding "red tiles that are special tiles count twice".

  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @WilliamK1983 said:
    It's all about the stone. It's my only way of acquiring one, especially now with supports in pvp the whales will forever cheat, err reign supreme

    As a 'collector' of things, yeah it's about getting a shot at an item you never otherwise see available.

    But game wise, the only Stone of consequence is the Power Stone and we already got that one and now with sharding we can all have it at R5.

    KGB

  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @WilliamK1983 said:
    It's all about the stone. It's my only way of acquiring one, especially now with supports in pvp the whales will forever cheat, err reign supreme

    Believe me you don't want stones. Woops wrong kind of stones lol 🤣

    Really though if there was more comm coming from them. Hell I didn't even know where we placed

    A poke in the eye is free and really don't want one of those 😂

    Everything else is free

    Just give all of the stones to us level 1.

  • ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 731 Critical Contributor
    Options

    @BriMan2222 said:
    Hey mpq facebook users, theres a new community challenge.

    Oh yeah, what's the challenge?

    I don't know, something about villains.


    Kind of hard to spread the word when we don't know what the word is.

    Too good