Omega Red's Villainous Community Challenge

Options

Comments

• Hammer3001
    Hammer3001 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options

Has anyone noticed that there was a large jump today and we’re now under 50% done with 4 days left?
    The way people panic around here over everything is getting beyond ridiculous to ludicrous.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 449 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Hammer3001 said:
    Has anyone noticed that there was a large jump today and we’re now under 50% done with 4 days left?
    The way people panic around here over everything is getting beyond ridiculous to ludicrous.

I mean, it took us 10 days for 55.? % and only 4 days left so doubtful we'll make it.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 25 June 2024, 12:39
    Options

Yesterday morning at 8:30 am EDT we were at 52.19% left.

This morning at 6:30 am it was 48.18%. About 4% diff in 22 hours.

Right now it’s 44.26% 14 1/2 hours later. So that’s interesting. We made about 3.8% in that time which is close to a high as far as progress over a set amount of time. If that continues we might get up to 8% off in a 24 hour period.

If the challenge includes the 28th we have approx 4 days to knock off 11% a day, which we have not done on any one day since it started. PVP participation will be low due to the off season, but Lighting Rounds will include Villains although most just hit seeds so the health pools will be fairly negligible as far as contribution to the effort. Unstable Iso-8 has a lot of Dark Avengers so that helps things (I am not sure how Hammer goons are affiliated, if they are Villains that helps as well).

If the challenge ends at the end of the 27th then we'd need to basically knock off 14% a day which is even further beyond what we have done so far.

We can obviously assess tomorrow but it continues to appear impossible to accomplish full clear of all tiers. But there is a slight chance I suppose, at least for now.

UPDATE: as of 8:37 am EDT on 6/25 we are at 42.13%. So no, we are not getting Tier 5 finished. Not even close. Tier 4 is probably well within reach but not a sure thing.

• Gracktbnarkt
    Gracktbnarkt Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options

Plenty of villians in the new PVE which can be run many extra times.

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 990 Critical Contributor
    Options

Oh, well. Space Stone would've been nice.

• bluewolf
    edited 25 June 2024, 12:42
    Options

Never trust anyone who attacks you with noxious clouds. A good general life rule.

Yes, that includes your 12 year old nephew.

• Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 313 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@S0kun

So is there any planning regarding this challenge, cause it’s clear we won’t make it

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@skittledaddy said:

Source: Discord

"Nope, no problem here. Oll korrect!"

Sure it is, buddy. This translates to "set up to fail". MPQ has come full circle :D

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,843 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

"data mined"? Uh oh...now we are the villains! :(:#

• bluewolf
    Options

@JoeHandle said:

@skittledaddy said:

Source: Discord

"Nope, no problem here. Oll korrect!"

Sure it is, buddy. This translates to "set up to fail". MPQ has come full circle :D

You’re supposed to lose.

• DAZ0273
    Options

We suck!

• DAZ0273
    Options

Anyway we did 4 tiers right? That isn't nothing.

• bluewolf
    Options

I mean it’s whatever. But there’s missing the goal and then there’s being over 20% short.

I still find the numbers around the boss suspicious. It makes no sense.

Also putting up a challenge where one of the 3-4 characters players avoid fighting whenever possible gives bonus points feels a bit like they were setting us up to fail.

And the timing….the end falling during off season so there isn’t even a Simulator to hunt OR in.

We were supposed to lose.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,341 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I totally get it's a giveaway and nobody is owed anything.

But what would be nice is to know how the numbers were calculated and what actually counted towards it. Numbers screeched to a halt when the Boss Event started. Is that because it was counted differently? Is that because we played less matches than during a normal PVE 24 hour cycle? Or something else?

We will never know. Communication is not a hallmark of BCS.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@bluewolf said:
    I mean it’s whatever. But there’s missing the goal and then there’s being over 20% short.

Also putting up a challenge where one of the 3-4 characters players avoid fighting whenever possible gives bonus points feels a bit like they were setting us up to fail.

And the timing….the end falling during off season so there isn’t even a Simulator to hunt OR in.

I mean I would love to lay that level of Machiavellian scheming at their door but the Devs can't even co-ordinate having a rebalanced character be boosted so there is an incentive to try them out! And what fun is there to making us fail a LOT? It would be much more fun making us just fail enough to miss out!

• bluewolf
    edited 27 June 2024, 14:57
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@bluewolf said:

I mean I would love to lay that level of Machiavellian scheming at their door but the Devs can't even co-ordinate having a rebalanced character be boosted so there is an incentive to try them out! And what fun is there to making us fail a LOT? It would be much more fun making us just fail enough to miss out!

I was making a reference to the first Galactus boss when they told us he was so hard because we were supposed to lose.

I don’t know what they intended but they’re in control of the goals and have reams if data about play etc to use as a guide.

It’s not like after 10 3/4 years they can’t predict what the players will do over a 2 week period and design an achievable challenge around that.

Do we think they sat down for 5 minutes and made up some number and called it good?