Omega Red's Villainous Community Challenge

Options
MPQBlaine
MPQBlaine ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
edited 14 June 2024, 17:34 in MPQ General Discussion

Join Omega Red's Villainous Community Challenge as we usher in our latest Fan Favorite event!

Omega Red has latched his apocalyptic tentacles on to all of the Super Villains in MPQ and we're putting out a call to arms to all players to gather your rosters and defeat his forces for some exciting rewards.

Progress Dashboard

https://mpq.social/ORCC

Community Challenge

• Defeat Super Villains anywhere in MPQ to damage Omega Red and his forces.
  • Deal bonus damage when defeating either 3 or 5-Star Omega Red.

Duration:

June 14 - 28

Rewards

Tier 1: 15% of Omega Red’s Forces Defeated

• 10,000 Iso-8
  • 5000 Red Iso-8
  • 3* Omega Red 3-Cover
  • 1* Hydra Henchmen Support

Tier 2: 30% of Omega Red’s Forces Defeated

• 10,000 Iso-8
  • 5000 Red Iso-8
  • 3* High Evolutionary 3-Cover
  • 1* Victorious Support

Tier 3: 45% of Omega Red’s Forces Defeated

• 10,000 Iso-8
  • 5000 Red Iso-8
  • 4* Doctor Bong Yellow Cover
  • 2* KRA-VAN Support

Tier 4: 65% of Omega Red’s Forces Defeated

• 10,000 Iso-8
  • 5000 Red Iso-8
  • 4* Silver Samurai Red cover
  • 200 5* Kang Shards
  • 2* Mirror Image Support

Tier 5: 100% of Omega Red’s Forces Defeated

• 50,000 Iso-8
  • 25000 Red Iso-8
  • 200 5* Omega Red Shards
  • 3* Space Stone Support

Comments

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,103 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Oooh, space stone. Assuming the community finishes this one as easily as the past couple I'll only be missing the mind and soul stone.

• The_Boi_of_Steel
    The_Boi_of_Steel Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options

So we don’t need 3* or 5* Omega Red on our team to participate, I’m assuming, correct?

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 796 Critical Contributor
    Options

I have Kang, Big Wheel, and OR set in shield sim..doing what I can, want that infinity stone.

• The_Boi_of_Steel
    Options

@Painmonger said:
    Just says we need to defeat Super Villains & get extra points if it's either Omega Red. I'm hoping lots of people use him in PVP this weekend to help out.

So basically we play against any all villains, which is what I’m understanding. If so, we don’t have to do much then.

I do play against teams with OR on them as well, so I’m all set.

• TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker
    Options

A nice chunk of rewards for simply playing!

• Burnsteel
    Burnsteel Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options

funny, that this comes online just as the Omega Red PVP ends

• The_Boi_of_Steel
    Options

@WilliamK1983 said:
    I have Kang, Big Wheel, and OR set in shield sim..doing what I can, want that infinity stone.

…but from what I’m understanding if I’m correct, we’re fighting against him and don’t need him on our team…or do we. What they said was a bit vague.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 15 June 2024, 08:22
    Options

@The_Boi_of_Steel said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

…but from what I’m understanding if I’m correct, we’re fighting against him and don’t need him on our team…or do we. What they said was a bit vague.

Yeah but if you have a villain on your team you are helping if somebody hits you.

Edit: Of course SHIELD SIM is endless Polaris/BRB so actually all you will really be doing is giving away points whilst nobody bothers with this challenge!

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,103 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@The_Boi_of_Steel said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

Yeah but if you have a villain on your team you are helping if somebody hits you.

Edit: Of course SHIELD SIM is endless Polaris/BRB so actually all you will really be doing is giving away points whilst nobody bothers with this challenge!

I've seen very little polaris/brb in my mmr. My shield sim experience is nearly every team being run is iron may ascended to 4 star, Omega Red, and chasm. Occasionally someone else is in there instead of chasm.

• The_Boi_of_Steel
    Options

@BriMan2222 said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@The_Boi_of_Steel said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

I've seen very little polaris/brb in my mmr. My shield sim experience is nearly every team being run is iron may ascended to 4 star, Omega Red, and chasm. Occasionally someone else is in there instead of chasm.

I **** HATE CHASM.

I avoid him unless he’s not champed.

• The_Boi_of_Steel
    Options

@SaltnPeppa said:
    You guys need to give better instructions for the events in-game. People in my alliance and a few others I know of, don't know where to find this information.

How about adding a "Click Here for Information" on the in-game notice instead of using only Bold Lettering on "Progress Dashboard", which isn't helpful.

You people need to remember, there are always new players playing the game. So help them if you want to retain them!

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼😾👏🏼😾

• Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 542 Critical Contributor
    Options

Instead of % of some number proportioned to 100, I prefer to simply have that number and the count up/down changing on refresh. Even if it lacks any direct, in-game reference.

• bale_79
    bale_79 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options

@Godzillafan67 said:
    Instead of % of some number proportioned to 100, I prefer to simply have that number and the count up/down changing on refresh. Even if it lacks any direct, in-game reference.

So right ✅

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,491 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 17 June 2024, 13:26
    Options

We are about 3 days in (it is unclear if the challenge went back to before the announced time or not) and 21.64% finished.

And it would be weird for the rules to include “extra points for Omega Red” if they weren’t planning an OR event to run (possibly the upcoming boss).

It would also help if the devs boosted a villain this coming week so people ran some in PvP.

Anyway, it seems to me we will easily complete all the levels of the challenge. It would take about 13.5 days under the current pace to hit it without any boost from an OR event.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@bluewolf said:
    We are about 3 days in (it is unclear if the challenge went back to before the announced time or not) and 21.64% finished.

And it would be weird for the rules to include “extra points for Omega Red” if they weren’t planning an OR event to run (possibly the upcoming boss).

It would also help if the devs boosted a villain this coming week so people ran some in PvP.

Anyway, it seems to me we will easily complete all the levels of the challenge. It would take about 13.5 days under the current pace to hit it without any boost from an OR event.

A lot of people run OR in the Lightning Rounds, so that will give a boost I think.

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,377 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Why don't you use in-game progress bars any more for this stuff?

I remember a long long time ago (was it upon release of 3* Hulk?) there was a collective progress bar shared among the whole player base that was displayed in game.

You could add something like that again, maybe modeled after the Boss fights bar for alliance events.

• Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 313 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Well, if that boss event isn’t putting a fat dent into his health bar, that stone will be out of reach again

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,052 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Chrynos1989 said:
    Well, if that boss event isn’t putting a fat dent into his health bar, that stone will be out of reach again

How do we even read those numbers on their challenge link? Says we finished part 1 & 2 and are in part 3. One of the bars indicates we are 50% through part 3. Is that the one I should be paying attention to? What are the other 2 for?

KGB