Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Tac said:

@bluewolf said:

@Tac said:

@WilliamK1983 said:
    If I send a Villain away with Kang and end the match, does that count toward the total?

similarly, does it even count puzzle wins? Victories without a kill

While we haven’t gotten any real details, the only thing that makes sense with the way the progress is being presented is if it’s based on health points? However even if it was based on “downed” then you’d expect hitting win conditions without downing enemies wouldn’t count.

Also PG nodes are like 85% Heroes.

but the one node you can win 10-15 times per minutes got a villain

If you’re talking about the one that Chasm instawins, you do not down and do very little dmg to the enemies. I mean I guess you could grind it for those small points.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 800 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Chrynos1989 said:
    @IceIX
    @S0kun

I think the devs have to prolong this one by a week, I believe that not having a regular pve over the time of the boss battle, which normally is 70+ fights for a sub (for boss it’s 20-30 in 24h depending on which of the both boss events your playing) cuts it down a lot. Also I believe the lightning rounds added a lot to the previous progress since these are mainly colossus / omega red

Agree with everything you said, and would add one thing and change another. I'd add that engagement in pvp is down at the end of the season compared to most other points thus adding to the lack of progress. I'd change adding a week to the challenge. End it now and start from scratch on monday(or any day next week, but monday for the purpose of just naming a day). And give us more of a idea of how our progress is calculated. Not asking for the specific formula but simply clearing up our questions in this thread would be a start.

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Have seen some speculation that the Omega Red boss does not have a Villain affiliation. If true, that certainly doesn’t help.

• SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 341 Mover and Shaker
    edited 23 June 2024, 01:09
    Options

@Zarqa said:
    Have seen some speculation that the Omega Red boss does not have a Villain affiliation. If true, that certainly doesn’t help.

Doesn't surprise me. If you noticed, since the challenge, 95% events pve and pvp had heroes or minions. They could have given all super villains, but not a chance.

Even the current puzzle gauntlet, only 2 nodes are supervillains.

• WilliamK1983
    Options

@SaltnPeppa said:

@Zarqa said:

Doesn't surprise me. If you noticed, since the challenge, 95% events pve and pvp had heroes or minions. They could have given all super villains, but not a chance.

Even the current puzzle gauntlet, only 2 nodes are supervillains.

DDQ too, more heroes than villains.

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Right, and add the fact that the one supervillain we’re all massively fighting right now doesn’t count at all (if true) means that there was no way we realistically could have completed this challenge. Even if done by mistake, I find it frustrating

• Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 313 Mover and Shaker
    edited 23 June 2024, 11:48
    Options

@Tony_Foot said:
    Doesn’t bother me at all, I just play the game the same way and if we make it we make it. Pointless and boring if every time they set one of these it was done easily.

Sometimes we win, sometimes miss out.

Perhaps we should design them the challenges, mine would be earn every 3* stone if only 1000 occurrences of Mthor being used are recorded in July.

We lost all of them except the 10th anniversary one and that one was super easy, since if that one would have been unbeatable, community would have let loose hell

• bluewolf
    Options

The past 24 hours we knocked off about 6.7%. In the first 3ish days we knocked off about 6.1% a day.

So the pace makes no sense with a boss who is supposed to offer bonus points.

Also with 52% left we’d need about 8 more days with this boss running to finish. Which we don’t have.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,341 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Sure would be nice if we could get some actual information from the dev team. Everything is speculation at this point.

• SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 341 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@LavaManLee said:
    Sure would be nice if we could get some actual information from the dev team. Everything is speculation at this point.

They should just give a 1* Space Stone to everyone if they did that to the current Alliance Event.

• Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 313 Mover and Shaker
    edited 23 June 2024, 19:01
    Options

@bluewolf said:
    The past 24 hours we knocked off about 6.7%. In the first 3ish days we knocked off about 6.1% a day.

So the pace makes no sense with a boss who is supposed to offer bonus points.

Also with 52% left we’d need about 8 more days with this boss running to finish. Which we don’t have.

My maths on this would be

OR gives double points, so hitting an OR in Heroic gives you 120k on round 8, which makes 1.2M in 24h
    A regular OR that should give 2x too has 195k hitpoints, so 390k with the boost.
    My guess is, that on the days with lightning rounds, people would hit about 10 OR per LR, equal 3.9M. If someone plays all the lightning rounds in 24h, which would be 12, that makes 46,8M hitpoints for the counter

This extra OR boost is only worth in LR, and then we don’t have Pve atm

• bluewolf
    Options

We can speculate on the points that should have been vs the points we got but it’s kind of….pointless….we need some communication.

If the dev team wanted us to hit the goal (presumably this was their intent?) they would probably have made the boss OR worth at least 3x other Villains.

I feel confident that most people never hit any OR teams in Lightning rounds. Maybe 100 people max hit a few. Every time I play I use OR and BRB. My play is only hit seeds, then maybe one or two if I’m about to hit 250. I usually do this (finalize 250) within the last 30 minutes. About 2/3 of the times I hit 250 no one bothers to hit me and I get T50 or T100 unshielded

• WilliamK1983
    Options

@SaltnPeppa said:

@LavaManLee said:

They should just give a 1* Space Stone to everyone if they did that to the current Alliance Event.

I'm gonna say something wildly unpopular, no handouts. Not for this. End it early and let's run it back with all its bugs worked out. Should be easy enough to complete.

• JediJones77
    JediJones77 Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options

Just extend it. Don't start it over. Seeing points go back to zero would be extremely frustrating and demoralizing. And this event must've been structured around the idea we'd be fighting OR in the boss event. So, unless they rerun the boss event too, there's no way we'd be able to meet the goal.

To really engage people, they need to put a bar or counter inside the game itself showing how far we're getting. I play every day but I forget all about these events after reading the initial announcement. And there's no way I'm going to take the trouble to keep opening up a separate web page to see how we're doing. Seeing it in the game would keep people more focused on the goal.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hopefully they can see that we didn't get the points we should have for the OR boss events and grant us the points we should have received.

• WilliamK1983
    Options

Ok so we get those points. I personally left a lot of potential points on the table in pvp from Friday night on once it was clear something was amiss. Can't imagine I'm the only one either. Best to just start fresh, and if the speculative maths are in the ballpark, we have a better shot with a full pve slate than a boss battle mixed in.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

They could also just give us all the stuff because they screwed it up. Isn't that generally how they deal with these challenges?

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    Options

Source: Discord