Omega Red's Villainous Community Challenge

Options
245678

Comments

  • DJ47057
    DJ47057 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options

    You should wonder about why it doesn't say 55% because that's the next spot when you believe the text below

  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,915 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    If we have done 2.5 tiers in 7 days and we have 7 days left we should be well on course to finish this, especially as we have another 3 days of fighting Omega Red in the Boss Event.

    Adding my agreement with the completely baffling progression chart thingy being a completely baffling progression chart thingy.

  • Markot
    Markot Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options

    @DAZ0273 said:
    If we have done 2.5 tiers in 7 days and we have 7 days left we should be well on course to finish this, especially as we have another 3 days of fighting Omega Red in the Boss Event.

    Now its almost 8 days out of 14, 36.28% done and 63.72% remaining. Omega Red boss is running 19 hours already and during it the health bar was decreased around 4% only. Tier 3 rewards will be surely reached, Tier 4 is not clear yet. But if nothing changes significantly, there is no chance to beat Tier 5.
    The problem with your assumption is, that you just count number of tiers. But 1st to 3rd are 15% each, 4th is 20% and last one is 35%.

  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,915 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @Markot said:

    @DAZ0273 said:
    If we have done 2.5 tiers in 7 days and we have 7 days left we should be well on course to finish this, especially as we have another 3 days of fighting Omega Red in the Boss Event.

    Now its almost 8 days out of 14, 36.28% done and 63.72% remaining. Omega Red boss is running 19 hours already and during it the health bar was decreased around 4% only. Tier 3 rewards will be surely reached, Tier 4 is not clear yet. But if nothing changes significantly, there is no chance to beat Tier 5.
    The problem with your assumption is, that you just count number of tiers. But 1st to 3rd are 15% each, 4th is 20% and last one is 35%.

    Hmm, well that bursts that bubble then! Are you sure you are not on Omega Red's side with this villainous news? :D

  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,519 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @DAZ0273 said:
    If we have done 2.5 tiers in 7 days and we have 7 days left we should be well on course to finish this, especially as we have another 3 days of fighting Omega Red in the Boss Event.

    Adding my agreement with the completely baffling progression chart thingy being a completely baffling progression chart thingy.

    We are a bit more than a 1/3 done and at 7 days. I am slightly concerned although the boss event hopefully helps. HoD is one of those annoying events that people nope out of. At least there are a couple boosted Villains for PvP …?

    Really hope boss activity ramps up.

  • ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options

    Progress seemed to slow down with the boss event rather than speed up. I doubt they expected that.

  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,519 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    I wish we had gotten / would get some better information about the point values.

    Also I’m gonna call it a bit lame to make it focused on the Villain that people avoid either first or second most (Chasm being another big skip) in PvP.

  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,915 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @bluewolf said:

    @DAZ0273 said:
    If we have done 2.5 tiers in 7 days and we have 7 days left we should be well on course to finish this, especially as we have another 3 days of fighting Omega Red in the Boss Event.

    Adding my agreement with the completely baffling progression chart thingy being a completely baffling progression chart thingy.

    We are a bit more than a 1/3 done and at 7 days. I am slightly concerned although the boss event hopefully helps. HoD is one of those annoying events that people nope out of. At least there are a couple boosted Villains for PvP …?

    Really hope boss activity ramps up.

    So once again basically we suck at this.

  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,134 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    After easily clearing all levels of the last few community challenges (and even having bonus challenges added that one time we beat it so easily) I thought this was a a sure thing.... dang it...

  • dxanders
    dxanders Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options

    Engagement picks up on the weekend, right? I wonder if that, combined with a boss event, might help.

    I also wonder whether the totals are based off damage done or enemies killed. Because if it's the former, the low boss event health pools could have a role to play.

  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 816 Critical Contributor
    Options

    If I send a Villain away with Kang and end the match, does that count toward the total?

  • Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options

    Interesting. Well RIP space stone

  • Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
    Options

    @IceIX
    @S0kun

    I think the devs have to prolong this one by a week, I believe that not having a regular pve over the time of the boss battle, which normally is 70+ fights for a sub (for boss it’s 20-30 in 24h depending on which of the both boss events your playing) cuts it down a lot. Also I believe the lightning rounds added a lot to the previous progress since these are mainly colossus / omega red

  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,519 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 22 June 2024, 12:54
    Options

    The boss event once again has Level 1(!) side nodes deep into refreshes. Last time they persisted for the entire event.

    While amusing and cutting down the time to play to open a boss hit, if enemy damage is the metric here, it does us no favors as a community as their health is like 500-700 total for 3 enemies.

    Also it slows down the progression a bit towards higher rounds as they give points equal to health. Lower round bosses being around longer means fewer points towards the challenge because instead of being into round 8 you’re still on round 6 or whatever. And the most points/health are with round 8 bosses.

    The best case for the community is the most alliances getting as far as possible and grinding away as this boss with as much health as they can clear to try to make progress on this challenge.

    We have never gotten communication about whether the L1 side nodes are intentional. Maybe it’s supposed to help smaller rosters? Or maybe slow down progress so people need to engage with the game longer to clear round 8? Or it’s a bug?

  • Tac
    Tac Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    edited 22 June 2024, 13:07
    Options

    @WilliamK1983 said:
    If I send a Villain away with Kang and end the match, does that count toward the total?

    similarly, does it even count puzzle wins? Victories without a kill

  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,519 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @Tac said:

    @WilliamK1983 said:
    If I send a Villain away with Kang and end the match, does that count toward the total?

    similarly, does it even count puzzle wins? Victories without a kill

    While we haven’t gotten any real details, the only thing that makes sense with the way the progress is being presented is if it’s based on health points? However even if it was based on “downed” then you’d expect hitting win conditions without downing enemies wouldn’t count.

    Also PG nodes are like 85% Heroes.

  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,349 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    It's pretty clear that, whatever the reason, Boss Event is causing progress to come to a snail's pace.

  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,519 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @LavaManLee said:
    It's pretty clear that, whatever the reason, Boss Event is causing progress to come to a snail's pace.

    There iis a possibility that they didn’t set up the boss right and he’s not counting for the challenge. Whereas fighting player ORs in PvP do.

  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 778 Critical Contributor
    Options

    Maybe the counter is broken

  • Tac
    Tac Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options

    @bluewolf said:

    @Tac said:

    @WilliamK1983 said:
    If I send a Villain away with Kang and end the match, does that count toward the total?

    similarly, does it even count puzzle wins? Victories without a kill

    While we haven’t gotten any real details, the only thing that makes sense with the way the progress is being presented is if it’s based on health points? However even if it was based on “downed” then you’d expect hitting win conditions without downing enemies wouldn’t count.

    Also PG nodes are like 85% Heroes.

    but the one node you can win 10-15 times per minutes got a villain