**Nightcrawler (Uncanny Spider-Man)**

Options

Comments

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 389 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Hydra stomper has a power that lets Peggy not get stunned.

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 239 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Timemachinego said:

@entrailbucket said:
    4* Iron Fist and Luke Cage have powers that do different stuff if the other guy is there.

(It's not, like, GOOD stuff, but those powers do exist)

The theming is great but those kinds of conditionals are the absolute worst as far as power budgeting go. I like both characters and would use them for fun if their powers were a tiny bit cheaper (the conditional getting in the way there).

I don't really mind the synergies between teammates or supports where you have a few dozen options (Mutants, Spider-Verse, Team Cap) but the ones that only have a handful of options are frustrating. If the required characters aren't a home run, you're not going to use them... which means the usefulness and desirability of the linked character or support is also weakened, potentially ruining both.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Options

So, no welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D?

that's a shame

• Markot
    Markot Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options

Nightcrawler & Friends Vault
    49x 2-Stars

10x Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men) cover
    39x Random 2-Star covers

It would give much more sense when it were 10 Nightcrawler (Uncanny Spider-Man) instead of Wolverine in this vault given the name of the vault and the release of Nightcrawler.

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@GrimSkald said:

@stef_focus said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@KGB said:
    @S0kun "If Mystique makes the match, add 1 additional tile."

Is this a typo on his Blue power that should say Nightcrawler?

More importantly, does that typo mean a 5 star Mystique is in our future ;)

KGB

Mystique is his Mother so it's likely not a typo

Believe it or not, but current canon is that Mystique is Nightcrawler's Father (and Destiny is the mother)

That was Chris Claremont's original plan, but the Editor in Chief (Jim Shooter, I think, or maybe Tom DeFalco,) said no.

I believe the father was just some guy at first, then they made up the whole, weird "Mutant demon from another dimension" thing.

I thought his father was a demon and he got his "bamf" minions from that dimension.... Comics are like a dry erase boards when new creative teams take over 🤦‍♂️

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,969 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Markot said:
    49x 2-Stars

39x Random 2-Star covers

It would give much more sense when it were 10 Nightcrawler (Uncanny Spider-Man) instead of Wolverine in this vault given the name of the vault and the release of Nightcrawler.

I assume they don't want to do this because the contest would just immediately turn into a "who spent the most" thing.

...not that it's not going to be that anyway, just that they don't want people to spend a ton to complete it in the first few minutes.

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Markot said:
    49x 2-Stars

39x Random 2-Star covers

Maybe the random 2s can/will include the new SpiderCrawler.

That'll be fun, vault as slot machine.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,978 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Markot said:
    49x 2-Stars

39x Random 2-Star covers

I assume they don't want to do this because the contest would just immediately turn into a "who spent the most" thing.

...not that it's not going to be that anyway, just that they don't want people to spend a ton to complete it in the first few minutes.

Why wouldn't they want to do that? It's a great way to get a revenue boost.

KGB

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,969 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Markot said:
    49x 2-Stars

39x Random 2-Star covers

Why wouldn't they want to do that? It's a great way to get a revenue boost.

KGB

Dunno. It wouldn't bother me!

But if I had to guess, it's because they think it wouldn't be enough revenue to offset the PR hit of offering a contest that you could spend a bunch of money and win during the first few minutes.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Thank you for the insight, Ice.
    Always with the complete understanding of all our points and concerns.

• Dayraven
    Dayraven Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options

but are a part of Nightcrawler's close 'family' or lovers.

Or in the case of Amanda Sefton, both.

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 983 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Dayraven said:

I'm sure he'd point out that they're not related by blood...

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@MegaBee said:

@Dayraven said:

I'm sure he'd point out that they're not related by blood...

The chances of the kids having mutant toes are incredibly high regardless so...what the hell I guess?

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Markot said:
    The Feeder Flow chart seems wrong in the blue (i.e. unchanged) part. Colossus doesn't feed Jean Grey. There should be a second arrow from Angel to Jean Grey. And Colossus feeds Negasonic and Magik.

I've taken the liberty of commissioning the updated chart from the Paint-It-Jobs Ink. and it just arrived today! No worries, it's free of charge (their services were pretty affordable to tell the truth, anyway...) Happy to help!

• JoeHandle
    edited 24 February 2024, 09:57
    Options

@Kolence said:

@Markot said:
    The Feeder Flow chart seems wrong in the blue (i.e. unchanged) part. Colossus doesn't feed Jean Grey. There should be a second arrow from Angel to Jean Grey. And Colossus feeds Negasonic and Magik.

I've taken the liberty of commissioning the updated chart from the Paint-It-Jobs Ink. and it just arrived today! No worries, it's free of charge (their services were pretty affordable to tell the truth, anyway...) Happy to help!

Is this accurate? Confirmed in game, champed 2NC feeding 3Angel and 3Colossus?

If so, what color Angel cover does 2NC pay off at lvl 98? (EDIT: It's blue)

Thanks (I hope!)

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options

@JoeHandle said:

If so, what color Angel cover does 2NC pay off at lvl 98?

Thanks (I hope!)

How would I know?! I'm FTP, not a Whale, darn it!
    The already existing feeder links have all been checked when I first made the sheet to track it all. It may occasionally run out of prepared cells or such, but as I'm adding new chars with their links every two weeks or so (I may be getting lazier lately to keep it super up to date), I'll see and repair any weird behavior...
    Otherwise, only some unannounced changes would make the links "wrong". :)
    Oh, I've never bothered with cover colors, that's too refined for my needs. It's all supposed to get champed eventually anyway, and there are saved covers and shards, so ....

• JoeHandle
    Options

@Kolence said:

@JoeHandle said:

If so, what color Angel cover does 2NC pay off at lvl 98?

Thanks (I hope!)

How would I know?! I'm FTP, not a Whale, darn it!
    The already existing feeder links have all been checked when I first made the sheet to track it all. It may occasionally run out of prepared cells or such, but as I'm adding new chars with their links every two weeks or so (I may be getting lazier lately to keep it super up to date), I'll see and repair any weird behavior...
    Otherwise, only some unannounced changes would make the links "wrong". :)
    Oh, I've never bothered with cover colors, that's too refined for my needs. It's all supposed to get champed eventually anyway, and there are saved covers and shards, so ....

Apologies Kolence ... the chart in the OP seems to be in error, showing 3Colossus feeding Jean Grey. When I saw your post this morning, I was wondering if it was correct / official / confirmed in-game.

I keep my own chart, trying to update it. It sure is getting convoluted :D

In-game there aren't any changes to 3Colossus or 3Angel so ... that's good!

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,055 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 22 February 2024, 17:14
    Options

Okay. First it was 5 stars. Then 5 and 3 stars now it's more 2 stars. If they want to keep pushing out this many people drop the slot cost or give out at least 1 free per month (maybe first reward on boss fights )

So they keep this up it be what 8 min slots per month

I know the vets don't need them but newer people won't be able to keep up. Will they

Also how many really use these new people hell you get a few up to 450 plus those will be the only ones you use ... I know I'm lucky to use 10 maybe 15 total

So why do I collect the rest. Cause I'm a dumbass

• JoeHandle
    edited 22 February 2024, 17:25
    Options

@slidecage said:
    Okay. First it was 5 stars. Then 5 and 3 stars now it's more 2 stars. If they want to keep pushing out this many people drop the slot cost or give out at least 1 free per month (maybe first reward on boss fights )

So they keep this up it be what 8 min slots per month

I know the vets don't need them but newer people won't be able to keep up. Will they

Also how many really use these new people hell you get a few up to 450 plus those will be the only ones you use ... I know I'm lucky to use 10 maybe 15 total

So why do I collect the rest. Cause I'm a dumbass

Yes, this is a new 2*, but it is a replacement, not in addition to, a 4* release.

Theoretically no increase in slot needs. Unless one wishes to consider 2s possibly needing more space sooner for farming / ascending than a 4* would.

Wouldn't turn down the occasional slot reward, tho!