**Nightcrawler (Uncanny Spider-Man)**

Options

Comments

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options

@SaltnPeppa said:
    As someone with a second new account, I know it helps me

You have asserted that new 2★ characters will help new players multiple times, but you have not explained how or why?

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,428 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@meadowsweet said:
    You have asserted that new 2★ characters will help new players multiple times, but you have not explained how or why?

New 2s will have updated mechanics and abilities. Most likely they will have lower cost abilities so they become more usable and stronger in general than the current 2s.

This character has tile manipulation, a multistrike protect tile ignoring ability, and SAP creation. This will be a strong character in his tier, and could be a viable 2nd or 3rd option for those transitioning from 2 -> 3.

The tier does not need a lot of new characters, but a few more to boost ability variety would be nice for new rosters.

• SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    edited 20 February 2024, 02:38
    Options

@meadowsweet said:

@SaltnPeppa said:
    As someone with a second new account, I know it helps me

Motivation, interest. No mechanics, no math, no skills involved. It's about the fun of the game. Not everyone plays hardcore and counts everything.

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Options

@meadowsweet said:
    I always just thought the 1★ & 2★ tiers served as a sort of extended tutorial to ease you into the game mechanics. But you should get through it as quickly as possible - it's not a place that players should be spending even more time in.

1s quickly became useless, 2*s were essentials ... up to a point ... and farms to feed 3s.

... and then ascension happened. Changes things quite a bit. Now 1s and 2s can continue to grow with the rest of a player's roster, and contribute more as time goes by, rather than being burned in bulk or spinning through the same junior farming cycle endlessly.

• Markot
    Markot Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options

The Feeder Flow chart seems wrong in the blue (i.e. unchanged) part. Colossus doesn't feed Jean Grey. There should be a second arrow from Angel to Jean Grey. And Colossus feeds Negasonic and Magik.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Will he get a lightning round?

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 20 February 2024, 21:57
    Options

I feel like Daredevil (Origin) or Daredevil (Yellow) has to be coming as a 1 or 2* at some point. Seems too perfect not to.

When Born Again drops give me a 1 or 2* Murdock, buff the 5*, and a Billy Club support. Then we (read: me) can all die happy.

• stef_focus
    stef_focus Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

@KGB said:
    @S0kun "If Mystique makes the match, add 1 additional tile."

Is this a typo on his Blue power that should say Nightcrawler?

More importantly, does that typo mean a 5 star Mystique is in our future ;)

KGB

Mystique is his Mother so it's likely not a typo

Believe it or not, but current canon is that Mystique is Nightcrawler's Father (and Destiny is the mother)

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,509 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 20 February 2024, 22:29
    Options

@stef_focus said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@KGB said:
    @S0kun "If Mystique makes the match, add 1 additional tile."

Is this a typo on his Blue power that should say Nightcrawler?

More importantly, does that typo mean a 5 star Mystique is in our future ;)

KGB

Mystique is his Mother so it's likely not a typo

Believe it or not, but current canon is that Mystique is Nightcrawler's Father (and Destiny is the mother)

That was Chris Claremont's original plan, but the Editor in Chief (Jim Shooter, I think, or maybe Tom DeFalco,) said no.

I believe the father was just some guy at first, then they made up the whole, weird "Mutant demon from another dimension" thing.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,978 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 20 February 2024, 23:00
    Options

Regardless of whether Mystique is his mother or father, it's just weird add that extra strike only if Mystique makes the match.

Weird in that there is only 1 Mystique character in the game as opposed to so many characters with multiple iterations and also that no other power in the game has something anywhere near a specific as calling out another character by name (as opposed to affiliation/team etc) topped off vy the fact she has to make the match. I bet this particular extra strike happens maybe 1 time a year based on the entire player base and how conditional it is. It really wasn't worth the effort to code it.

KGB

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@KGB said:
    Regardless of whether Mystique is his mother or father, it's just weird add that extra strike only if Mystique makes the match.

Weird in that there is only 1 Mystique character in the game as opposed to so many characters with multiple iterations and also that no other power in the game has something anywhere near a specific as calling out another character by name (as opposed to affiliation/team etc) topped off vy the fact she has to make the match. I bet this particular extra strike happens maybe 1 time a year based on the entire player base and how conditional it is. It really wasn't worth the effort to code it.

KGB

New Boss Event coming with an extra irritating node of death?

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,349 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 20 February 2024, 23:16
    Options

@KGB said:

Weird in that there is only 1 Mystique character in the game as opposed to so many characters with multiple iterations and also that no other power in the game has something anywhere near a specific as calling out another character by name

…..yet.

A new design space in a game with 325 playable characters and 975 user-controlled powers!

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,969 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

4* Iron Fist and Luke Cage have powers that do different stuff if the other guy is there.

(It's not, like, GOOD stuff, but those powers do exist)

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,349 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Page 1 info updated with more release details….

• entrailbucket
    Options

@bluewolf said:
    Page 1 info updated with more release details….

Based on contents/past vaults, that vault should be resettable, so anybody who buys it out twice (or gets lucky) will be well on their way to winning that competition thing.

• TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options

That vault is going to be so tempting!
    Being standard duration though, but it is so short...
    If he were a regular new 4-star, getting 13 covers for at most 20k (likely significantly less) would be a difficult proposition to judge - I guess the deciding factor should be whether or not a similarly ascended version is available through Training Montage achievement chains, as he'd be within touching distance of 5-star relevance then.

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    4* Iron Fist and Luke Cage have powers that do different stuff if the other guy is there.

The theming is great but those kinds of conditionals are the absolute worst as far as power budgeting go. I like both characters and would use them for fun if their powers were a tiny bit cheaper (the conditional getting in the way there).

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Timemachinego said:

@entrailbucket said:

The theming is great but those kinds of conditionals are the absolute worst as far as power budgeting go. I like both characters and would use them for fun if their powers were a tiny bit cheaper (the conditional getting in the way there).

For awhile they were trying to create characters that combo'd with other characters thematically, and it kind of never worked. Most of our good combos are guys that are, comics-wise, totally unrelated.

The Luke Cage/Iron Fist forced synergy was an attempt to go beyond that...and it also didn't really work. They kind of stopped trying after those two.

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    For awhile they were trying to create characters that combo'd with other characters thematically, and it kind of never worked. Most of our good combos are guys that are, comics-wise, totally unrelated.

The Luke Cage/Iron Fist forced synergy was an attempt to go beyond that...and it also didn't really work. They kind of stopped trying after those two.

I feel like a LOT of pre-BCS power budgeting was entirely bunk, like they had their algorithm that they adhered to... and then apparently never even tried to run those characters functionally? That seemingly resulted in a lot of VERY specific characters that were good for one thing only which admittedly made the team-finding more rewarding but also severely limited who you could bring in a pick-2 and made the "jack of all" type characters entirely useless. BCS fall into the same trap I think but at least it appears that they playtest a little more often and can eventually admit that a character isn't working and attempt to fix it.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,978 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@TheVulture said:
    That vault is going to be so tempting!
    Being standard duration though, but it is so short...
    If he were a regular new 4-star, getting 13 covers for at most 20k (likely significantly less) would be a difficult proposition to judge - I guess the deciding factor should be whether or not a similarly ascended version is available through Training Montage achievement chains, as he'd be within touching distance of 5-star relevance then.

Yeah if you want to win the challenge, buying this vault twice to get a pair of 2->4 stars makes sense because then you just need 300 more covers.

KGB