Champions 2.0 - Batch #2 Info

Comments

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor

@DyingLegend said:
    I'm still not sold on champions 2.0.....

Tell us more.

Is it concerns about disrupting the balance of play with overpowered new 5*s or are you just finding out a bit meh?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm looking forward to ascending my 2* Hawkeye.

I did ascend 2* Cap already but I'm not sure why I did that considering 3* Cap was already identical.

In about 400 years when I have a bunch of max champed 4's I look forward to caring about that then.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

My first 2* Wolvie just Hit 266, so... About 6 weeks to get an ascended 2* to max 3*, so 12 weeks to 4*. Then a lifetime to 5*.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards

@Tiger_Wong said:
    LFG!!

>

And 3* bullseye, 3* scarlet witch and 3* she-hulk are 3 VERY SNEAKY characters with good powersets that could contribute greatly to 5* land.

I'll give you bullseye and she-hulk. they are almost completely overlooked in their own tier, but could be very useful characters in 5* land as there aren't direct analogues for some elements of their respective kits. But 3* switch has been the best pure purple battery in the game since the moment she went live in what, 2014? She ain't sneakin' up on nobody.

• DAZ0273

The thought of 3* Switch at the 5* level honestly depresses me - the match 5's, the stunning, she will be a nightmare to fight.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards

Biggest problem with Ascended characters is that going through your covers and adding them now takes about 3x as long as it used to take.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,712 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2023

@Bzhai said:
    Why can't we just make all 2-stars ascendable? The tier is static and accessible to 95% of the playerbase. Should be a top priority to cross off the list first.

Two possible reasons:

1. You cannot de-ascend characters and you might have had players ascend all their twos then mad because they can’t use them in DDQ, slow rollout helps with learning curve.
    2. Converting all 2* covers into 3*+ rewards changes up game economy with immense benefit to vets over newer players. Also most 2s are not bringing much to the 3 tier power wise (many are just repeated in the 3 tier with higher dmg etc).

And of course dev time is not infinite so they have to prioritize among different tiers.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2023

@Domitronas said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    The thought of 3* Switch at the 5* level honestly depresses me - the match 5's, the stunning, she will be a nightmare to fight.

Or you bring Mthor and let her blast away the CD tile, passively, each turn, making Switch useless. There is no way a 3turn cd tile, not even a fortified one, is staying long enough to proc in the current meta.

Ah, but the only two passive countdown shorteners in the game (Coulson and Flaptain) are also part of this batch!

It's likely all these trick-play 4* characters are going to fall on their faces in the brute force 5* tier, but it is exciting to attempt to bring back some of the novelty crews I was using in my 4* days to at least attempt it. I really want to try Ronan with those two. I also think that Quake and Hobofist could be interesting (not together), and Maria Hill makes some monster strikes for the 4* tier, I'm very curious to see if that scales well to 5* levels. Similarly Mordo hits very hard per AP for his level, I think you might see him paired with mThor to utilize purple and black for more damage. This batch is quite interesting to me really.

• DAZ0273

I wonder what 4* Dr. Strange will look like - I have a dupe of him which I am building so he might be my first 3 to 4.

Also 5* Iron Fist might be interesting.

• Bowgentle

4* Strange will most likely put 5* Strange to shame.

• DAZ0273

Yeah, that is what I am thinking too.

• JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 132 Tile Toppler

@bluewolf said:

@Bzhai said:
    Why can't we just make all 2-stars ascendable? The tier is static and accessible to 95% of the playerbase. Should be a top priority to cross off the list first.

Two possible reasons:

1. You cannot de-ascend characters and you might have had players ascend all their twos then mad because they can’t use them in DDQ, slow rollout helps with learning curve.
    2. Converting all 2* covers into 3*+ rewards changes up game economy with immense benefit to vets over newer players. Also most 2s are not bringing much to the 3 tier power wise (many are just repeated in the 3 tier with higher dmg etc).

And of course dev time is not infinite so they have to prioritize among different tiers.

The initial comms indicates that it would be a relatively short timescale before everyone was ascendable. I suspect the slower than expected roll out is mainly due to the bugs. Hopefully if there are no issues with this batch then we will see the next lot within a couple of weeks. The roster management is becoming quite annoying now with a lot of dupes at lower tiers sitting there waiting to be ascended.

• Bowgentle

Yeah, I have 58 slots filled with 1* characters right now.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,167 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bowgentle said:
    Yeah, I have 58 slots filled with 1* characters right now.

Can you elaborate on why so many?

KGB

• Bowgentle
    edited November 2023

Well, you need 16 of each to get to 5*.
    And I'll need to roster them eventually anyway.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,167 Chairperson of the Boards

In theory if you want to build all in parallel.

But in practice if you build 1 at a time you don't.
    1) Roster 1 -> L50
    2) Roster 2 -> L50 (ascend #1 to 2)
    Now level #1 to 144 (max 2)
    Re-roster 2 ->L50
    3) Roster 3 -> L50 (ascend #2, then ascend #1 to 3
    )
    Now level #1 to 266 (max 3)
    Re-roster 2 ->L50
    Re-roster 3 ->L50 (ascend #1 to 2)
    Now level #2 to 144 (max 2)
    Re-roster 3 -> L50
    4) Roster 4 -> L50 (ascend #3, then ascend #2 to 3
    , then ascend #1 to 4*)
    Now ascend #1 to 370 (max 4)

and so on. You only need a few slots until VERY late in the game and mostly you should have only 1 or 2 copies rostered at a time.

KGB

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

I liked that they released the first batch early and I don't mind they take time to release next ones.
    Because right now I know what's coming and I can rost everyone in order to have subjects to ascend.
    It would had been a lot worse if they released all batches together i.e on next March and I didnt had nothing because of spending hp on other things or because of selling everyone like before.

• Bowgentle

@KGB said:

1) Roster 1 -> L50
    Re-roster 2 ->L50
    )
    Re-roster 2 ->L50
    Re-roster 3 -> L50
    , then ascend #1 to 4*)

and so on. You only need a few slots until VERY late in the game and mostly you should have only 1 or 2 copies rostered at a time.

KGB

Thats nice but I'm up to 531 roster slots, I'll need those eventually anyway.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,377 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bowgentle said:

@KGB said:

1) Roster 1 -> L50
    Re-roster 2 ->L50
    )
    Re-roster 2 ->L50
    Re-roster 3 -> L50
    , then ascend #1 to 4*)

KGB

Thats nice but I'm up to 531 roster slots, I'll need those eventually anyway.

I am at 24 1* slots, and another 80 or so covers on the vine (>5 days, so post Batch 2). While the theory is correct you don't need that many slots, we can't ascend them all now and I (assuming Bowgentle too and many others) are still pulling in 1* covers that will eventually be ascendable.

If you're not HP short, may as well lay the ground work now for getting everyone up to 3, 4, & 5* status eventually, and those cleared roster spots will be needed for new characters, dupes, etc.

Once 1* Hawkeye / BW are live next week, I'll clear up a bunch of roster slots to get everyone else on the vine sorted