Champions 2.0 - Batch #2 Info

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,712 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2023

On the Discord, devs posted previews of 3rd abilities for MBW and HE.

HE has a passive that gives some red or purple ap back if you fire a red or purple power, matching the color (red for red, purple for purple).

Mbw has a 7ap basic tile or CD destroying ability that does dmg a well.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 507 Critical Contributor

Just noticed that the Classic Legends tokens for non feeder 3⭐s don't seem to have it yet.

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 471 Mover and Shaker

Have they given any clarity how retro rewards work for Ascended characters?

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 603 Critical Contributor

Clint and Bobbi getting ascension love.
    I'm happy.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,379 Chairperson of the Boards

Y’all all seem to be missing the real story here - my man Flaptain is about to run it at the 5* tier. Coulson is likely to be a sleeper hit as well now that he unlocks Hawkeye from being tied to a play-down character.

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 281 Mover and Shaker

Looking forward to 3* Emma and 3* Magik being ascendable. I think they will both be superstars in 5* land. Emma bringing characters with three strong powers like SC and Apoc to 5/5/5 is great and she has a double tile swap. Magik will be awesome with match damage and with strike tile boosters.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards

@liminal_lad said:

Yes, they've explicitly said there won't be any.

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 471 Mover and Shaker

@entrailbucket said:

@liminal_lad said:

Yes, they've explicitly said there won't be any.

So is ascending 4 star characters a bad idea? Now I'm worried about anyone I haven't gotten some 5 star rewards.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 594 Critical Contributor

if you ascend a 4 star to 5, with a 270 dupe - you are forfeiting any 4-star rewards. if rewards are urgent for you, then don't ascend until you have 2x370 four stars.

Something to keep in mind of course, as a 5 star they'll get 5 star rewards. so that will be more CP, and more LL.

it's really up to you what is more important - that bonus Havok cover, or LL?

• killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker

Not sure if this has been answered anywhere, but I have a question on retro rewards.

Do we know how retro rewards will be calculated when applied to a character you have ascended?

For example in the update list 4* Mocking Bird is currently not a feeder. Currently if I had 2 level 370 copies of her I would expect 12 covers of whatever 5* character she was made a feeder for in the future. Would I still get 12 retro covers if she was made a feeder after I ascended her?

Hope the question makes sense, and apologies if it has been asked and answered elsewhere.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards

@killercool said:
    Not sure if this has been answered anywhere, but I have a question on retro rewards.

Do we know how retro rewards will be calculated when applied to a character you have ascended?

For example in the update list 4* Mocking Bird is currently not a feeder. Currently if I had 2 level 370 copies of her I would expect 12 covers of whatever 5* character she was made a feeder for in the future. Would I still get 12 retro covers if she was made a feeder after I ascended her?

Hope the question makes sense, and apologies if it has been asked and answered elsewhere.

You would not get any retro covers. They've been very clear about this.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:

@killercool said:

We'll see how that goes over when/if they ever make an ascendable characrer a post hoc feeder.

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards

@Vhailorx said:

@revskip said:
    Now that the bugs are a little more worked out will we see a more normalized release cadence?

Love the new feature but trying to minimize covers dying on the vine so this info would be super helpful.

Which is why we will not get it from BCS. Expiring covers create roster slot sales, which creates HP sales.

Roster slots isn't the issue for me. I have a dozen ready to go. It's more of a how many dupes issue. I'll use them all eventually but for instance just rostered my third 3*IF rather than sell his covers since I have two maxed already. With today's info I am able to keep a couple of his covers on the vine for when he's ascendable.

I see your point though.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,049 Chairperson of the Boards

LFG!!

So many to long forward to and I’ve got about half of the 4s double-champed.

Ascended America Chave is gonna be crazy in pvp. I think there will be a lot of her. Looking forward to teaming her with ascended Talos and Killmonger.

I definitely wanna see how the damage values change for 4Elektra and 4 BW.

Peggy is gonna be awesome defensively.

I REALLY hope Red Hulk’s damage passive is as exploitable as he ascends. Usually, powers like that get tougher to exploit as their level increases. It’s why I’ll never ascend Valkyrie.

And 3* bullseye, 3* scarlet witch and 3* she-hulk are 3 VERY SNEAKY characters with good powersets that could contribute greatly to 5* land.

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,184 Chairperson of the Boards

Time for the 5* passive trio in America, MBaku, Chasm.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 594 Critical Contributor

@Vhailorx said:

@entrailbucket said:

@killercool said:

We'll see how that goes over when/if they ever make an ascendable characrer a post hoc feeder.

That's an interesting thing to bring up.... Surely they would have the foresight to not get into that scenario right?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Again, they said no retro feeder rewards.
    So they must have factored in the outcry already.

• JediJones77
    JediJones77 Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    edited November 2023

Why is 2-star Captain America on this list? He has been ascendable since day 1. The original post you linked shows that. Are we really dropping from 5 new ascendable 2-stars in the first batch to only 2 new ones in the second batch? The amount of new 3-stars and 4-stars remained the same in this batch.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor

@Bzhai said:
    Why can't we just make all 2-stars ascendable? The tier is static and accessible to 95% of the playerbase. Should be a top priority to cross off the list first.

I'd certainly have approached it that way - you'd get lots of players able to do some ascending which is good for getting people into the swing of it, you'd get a handle on the sort of problems you'd face, and no one would mind too much about any issues because it's not a critical level of play for anyone.