10th Anniversary Community Challenge

Options

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2023
    Options

@bbigler said:
    I’m in the Southeast US (Florida) and I’ve heard Kitty-corner 99% of the time here. Catty-corner just sounds weird to me

That’s because very few people are actually from Florida natively. Nearly everyone you meet here is going to be an export from some other place, tired of shoveling snow or what ever. This actually makes Florida a great place to experience regionalisms you might otherwise never have access to to compare.

I’m several generations deep from a small town north of Orlando, so atypically authentic as far as #Floridamans go.

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 271 Mover and Shaker
    Options

What team are you guys using to create Team-Up matches?

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,196 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Zalasta said:

Clagger, 2* Capt Marvel. Use Clagger purple, collect yellows, then keep using 2* Capt Marvel yellow.

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

2Marvel and 4Cyclops and make sure Yellow is strongest color

• JediJones77
    JediJones77 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Zalasta said:

The Mr. Negative, Polaris and 5* Captain Marvel (only needing one red cover at minimum) will create a ton of team-up matches when you get the winfinite going. Which is Polaris blue followed by Negative yellow. It’s better for destroying Team-Ups than matches though.

• JediJones77
    edited October 2023
    Options

The entire takings today are worth less than the final quandary was yesterday. At least the final mission can be accomplished with the shortcut method of entering the Interrogation node in the Labyrinth, making the black match in the corner repeatedly and restarting every 6 matches.

Win missions 7 times. - 700 Iso
    Make 30 Green matches. - 3000 Iso
    Make 45 Blue matches. - 4500 Iso
    Make 75 Black matches. - 7500 Iso
    Make 56 Match-4 matches. - 5600 Iso
    Make 195 Black matches. - 19500 Iso

• JediJones77
    edited October 2023
    Options

Today is easier, with better Iso rewards. Damaging heroes (not villains) and yellow matches are today's themes. Yellow, black and blue matches are all achievable as repeated first matches in the Labyrinth Interrogation node. Red is slower there because it's the correct first match, so it takes two swipes instead of one to repeat it. Purple seems to happen as an automatic second match when choosing yellow, but the tiles don't disappear, so I don't know if it would count as a match or not. I think green is the only one that definitely doesn't work there because there's no way to line up repeated incorrect green matches.

Damage any Hero on the enemy team 15 times. - 1500 Iso
    Damage any Hero on the enemy team 30 times. - 3000 Iso
    Remove 150 tiles. - 15000 Iso
    Make 75 Green matches. - 7500 Iso
    Remove 160 Yellow tiles. - 16000 Iso
    Make 195 Yellow matches. - 19500 Iso

• JediJones77
    edited October 2023
    Options

Today was a REALLY easy one, due to having no requirements for "matches." The first five were met before most of my daily quests were done and I chipped away at the last one with normal questing.

Remove 20 Green tiles. - 2000 Iso
    Win missions 14 times. - 1400 Iso
    Damage any Villain on the enemy team 45 times. - 4500 Iso
    Damage any Hero on the enemy team 75 times. - 7500 Iso
    Remove 160 Green tiles. - 16000 Iso
    Remove 260 Green tiles. - 26000 Iso

• Domsouth04
    Domsouth04 Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options

All done barr 195 yellow matches

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Yeah making a zillion matches was no fun lol. Has to be at least 50k for me to go that out of my way.

• Domsouth04
    Options

Up to 4th challenge for today dreading the final requirement

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Day 20 Quandries
    1.Send 3 Allies airborne (get 0.3k iso)
    2.Make 14 Match-4s (get 1.4k iso)
    3.Stun 14 enemies (get 1.4k iso)
    4.Remove 75 TUs (get 7.5k iso)
    5.Remove 120 TUs (get 12k iso)
    6.Remove 260 Yellow tiles (get 26k iso)

• Domsouth04
    Options

Yellow again?! Been loving levelling up my 5*s

• JediJones77
    edited October 2023
    Options

Another easy day, because there was very little requirement to do "matches." Being able to remove tiles via any method rather than via matches goes much faster. And the special Mr. Negative team is a viking when it comes to removing Team-Ups, as well as making Match-4s and 5s. Stunning enemies is a great job for Chasm + Lightning Round seed fights. On the downside, that meager 300 Iso for the first challenge is a new low for a Quandary prize since I've been tracking these.

Send allies airborne 3 times. - 300 Iso
    Make 14 Match-4 matches. - 1400 Iso
    Stun enemies 45 times. - 4500 Iso
    Remove 75 Team-Ups. - 7500 Iso
    Remove 120 Team-Ups. - 12000 Iso
    Remove 260 Yellow tiles. - 26000 Iso

• JediJones77
    Options

Not too bad today. The blue matches and stuns can be a little slow. Using Chasm on short fights like the early PVE nodes and lightning rounds is the way I did most of them. Team-Ups, again, can be cleared quickly with the special Mr. Negative team.

Create a Strike, Attack, or Protect tile 40 times. - 4000 Iso
    Remove 40 Green tiles. - 4000 Iso
    Remove 60 Red tiles. - 6000 Iso
    Make 75 Blue matches. - 7500 Iso
    Stun enemies 120 times. - 12000 Iso
    Remove 195 Team-Ups. - 19500 Iso

• Grizwald
    Grizwald Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options

I'm really loving all this extra Iso, but man some of these are really repetitive and a pain to complete.

• Domsouth04
    Options

@JediJones77 said:
    Not too bad today. The blue matches and stuns can be a little slow. Using Chasm on short fights like the early PVE nodes and lightning rounds is the way I did most of them. Team-Ups, again, can be cleared quickly with the special Mr. Negative team.

Create a Strike, Attack, or Protect tile 40 times. - 4000 Iso
    Remove 40 Green tiles. - 4000 Iso
    Remove 60 Red tiles. - 6000 Iso
    Make 75 Blue matches. - 7500 Iso
    Stun enemies 120 times. - 12000 Iso
    Remove 195 Team-Ups. - 19500 Iso

Easy ones, used chasm/HE/thanos for stuns and 3* magneto with 2* captain marvel for the final TU challenge. How long will they keep doing this for?

• JediJones77
    Options

I still need about 16 million more Iso to champion the rest of my 4-stars, so I hope this doesn't end. I'm not sure if they intend to end this at the same time when the special Fan Favorites vault closes, which is the end of October, if it will last another 19 days like the 10th Anniversary Vault, or if it will continue on indefinitely as a permanent Iso-earning opportunity.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I would imagine it’ll end when anniversary ends since these quests are tied to the new boss Quandary. But i also would appreciate them to continue as I’m some 20 million iso at least in debt currently. This month has thankfully allowed me to champ 10 4’s thus far and would certainly love to continue that trend.