10th Anniversary Community Challenge

Options
MPQBlaine
MPQBlaine ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
edited October 2023 in MPQ General Discussion

Quandary has arrived and has thrown the entire universe in disarray! It's all up to you to step up and face the challenge thrust upon you.

With the launch of the 10th Anniversary, we wanted to come up with an awesome Community Challenge with a reward big enough to match the celebration. If the community bands together and conquers our target goal, we will deliver 1 Custom Costume that the community will get to vote on and earn for free in-game!

Progress Dashboard
https://mpq.social/10CC

Community Challenge

• Complete 1 million "Daily Quandaries" in the month of October.

Daily Quandaries

• These bounties are a new type of "Daily Quest" that will be introduced at the beginning of the Anniversary.
  • A player can complete 6 total "Quandaries" a day.
  • Each day, these special bounties will get increasingly harder as you complete them and yield increased rewards.

Point Values

• Daily Quandaries 1-4 will give you 1 point each towards the overall goal.
  • Daily Quandaries 5-6 will give you 2 points each towards the overall goal.
  • Players can earn a total of 8 points total per day.

Rewards

• 1 Community Custom Costume
  • 5 Star Chimichanga support
  • 3* Power Stone Support
  • 2* Iron Man (Ascended)
  • 50,000 Iso-8
  • 25,000 Red Iso-8
  • 200 5* Deadpool (SOV) Shards

NOTES
Costumes take time, money, and approvals so we're aiming for an early 2024 delivery date if the community completes this goal. We will provide more info post-anniversary on how we plan to get your input for the costume!

Comments

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,929 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2023
    Options

Happy to see MPQ get its own original Big Bad with their own events and storyline to boot. Awesome stuff! Hopefully this isn't a one-time thing. Good luck to us all in trying to defeat this new nefarious foe to get those anniversary goodies!

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Ooooo another chance to win a Power Stone!

• ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

I think the third time will be the charm!

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,960 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I take it that this challenge is an all or nothing. In that there are no tiers of rewards like prior challenges?

KGB

P.S. I hope you are going to make the community challenge as an in game notice for all the players (majority) who never come to the Forum / Reddit etc.

• jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options

It was already an in-game notice. You must have skipped it without reading.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,960 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@jsmjsmjsm00 said:
    It was already an in-game notice. You must have skipped it without reading.

So that's what that was. Not sure about everyone else, but when new announcements like this get pushed, I just get the graphic icon (blurred no less) and no text or link. So I just dismiss it so I can play the game. There appears to be a bug in the game's data push.

KGB

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah this was not clear in game as a notice at all and I am 100% sure I read it.

• jsmjsmjsm00
    Options

It's not a bug it's just your own device. If it is slow you have to wait for it to load.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@jsmjsmjsm00 said:
    It's not a bug it's just your own device. If it is slow you have to wait for it to load.

It is not my device.

• ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options

Even if people don’t notice that they should do the Quandry tasks for the rewards anyways, so many players may assist with the challenge without realizing it. I think this was a requested feature in previous challenge threads - namely that the tasks be something organic and useful in the game or have a reward attached to them.

• jsmjsmjsm00
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@jsmjsmjsm00 said:

It is not my device.

Yes it is your device. It is blurry because it is trying to load. If you wait, you will see it load in. That's how assets load in, low resolution then the resolution increases.

If you didn't want a real answer then don't post about it. I can see it load in fine on my phone. Blurry for half a second, then clear. Your device is just not handling it as well so you are stuck blurry for longer.

• DAZ0273
    Options

So everybody still has 0 in this task? I have 0 for everything despite progressing through stuff. Just checking.

• jsmjsmjsm00
    Options

Loads in fine

• DAZ0273
    Options

@jsmjsmjsm00 said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@jsmjsmjsm00 said:

It is not my device.

Yes it is your device. It is blurry because it is trying to load. If you wait, you will see it load in. That's how assets load in, low resolution then the resolution increases.

If you didn't want a real answer then don't post about it. I can see it load in fine on my phone. Blurry for half a second, then clear. Your device is just not handling it as well so you are stuck blurry for longer.

Blurry? I have no idea what you are talking about? My device isn't blurry? What? I never said anything about blurry? You might want to explain what you are banging on about there.

• jsmjsmjsm00
    Options

You literally said above, in response to KGB saying it was blurred, that it was not clear on your device either.

• jsmjsmjsm00
    Options

Here is part two of the in game notice, which links to the forum post explaining everything. Was right there in the news.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@jsmjsmjsm00 said:
    Loads in fine

What does that have to do with what I said? KGB said it was blurry not me. I said it told you **** all.

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 599 Critical Contributor
    Options

@ArchusMonk said:

@Punisher5784 said:

I think the third time will be the charm!

Yeah I am much less optimistic, especially since you don't get all the challenges at once.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@jsmjsmjsm00 said:
    You literally said above, in response to KGB saying it was blurred, that it was not clear on your device either.

No that is not the unclear that I was talking about.

• jsmjsmjsm00
    Options

I'm sorry that I gave you the benefit of the doubt that yours literally didn't load in. I assumed you'd be able to comprehend it if it did, considering it had a clickable link that literally lead here, and this post has literally all of the explanation of what this challenge is.

Truthfully, I don't understand what you are complaining about not being clear. If it was physically clear, and you could read that it linked you to here, and you are now here where all of the instructions are, then what is the problem?