New Feature - Champions 2.0 (Live with R287)

Options

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@Bad said:
    The very usual time for an update to appear on android is in 10 hours more or less.
    So until now everything is running historically as expected for me.

Except that the usual time for MPQ updates is Monday, not Tuesday.

I repeat. The very usual time for an update to appear in android is 8 hours more or less.
    I have something called memory.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Your memory is wrong, then.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,794 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    I kinda suspect that the update got rejected because the roster search feature looked the same on a phone like they showed with the steam screenshots.
    And That is bound to fail every basic usability testing.
    I'd love to be proven wrong, though.

Discord is silent so yes I suspect has gone **** up and they are having to scramble to change it/fix it.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

Probably. I only remember 200 updates appearing on tuesday in 8 hours more or less, for android.

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 775 Critical Contributor
    Options

Would be lovely if they could inform us if there is a delay

If we know it’s not coming until Thursday or later then we can plan accordingly

Don’t suppose it’s a huge deal but personally I’m holding off buying a new slot for 3* miles as I think I’ll be merging a couple of duplicates

• DAZ0273
    Options

@turbomoose said:
    Would be lovely if they could inform us if there is a delay

If we know it’s not coming until Thursday or later then we can plan accordingly

Don’t suppose it’s a huge deal but personally I’m holding off buying a new slot for 3* miles as I think I’ll be merging a couple of duplicates

Dude my plan is in place. Thwip thwip.

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bad said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Bad said:
    The very usual time for an update to appear on android is in 10 hours more or less.
    So until now everything is running historically as expected for me.

Except that the usual time for MPQ updates is Monday, not Tuesday.

I repeat. The very usual time for an update to appear in android is 8 hours more or less.
    I have something called memory.

To appear as available in the Play Store (if not auto-updated) or to get the pop-up in game forcing you to update? I think the latter is normally on Tuesday.

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options

A not small part of me wants someone on the Dev team to pop in with a really late April Fools post...

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,526 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bad said:

@Bowgentle said:

Probably. I only remember 200 updates appearing on tuesday in 8 hours more or less, for android.

Up until Broken Circle took over the updates were almost always Tuesday. After that... honestly they seemed to be all over the place? Sometimes Saturday, sometimes Wednesday? I know I've seen updates over the weekend, which surprised me, but they've also been pretty late in the week too.

I'm not sweating it, as soon as it goes live I can get my 2* (1) Spiderman, but that's probably about it for a while.

• Bowgentle
    Options

@GrimSkald said:

@Bad said:

@Bowgentle said:

Up until Broken Circle took over the updates were almost always Tuesday. After that... honestly they seemed to be all over the place? Sometimes Saturday, sometimes Wednesday? I know I've seen updates over the weekend, which surprised me, but they've also been pretty late in the week too.

I'm not sweating it, as soon as it goes live I can get my 2* (1) Spiderman, but that's probably about it for a while.

Store updates are Monday, like clockwork.
    Always.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@GrimSkald said:

@Bad said:

@Bowgentle said:

Oooh, we could form a club!

• DAZ0273
    Options

@revskip said:
    A not small part of me wants someone on the Dev team to pop in with a really late April Fools post...

Oh and also we know how much you loved Chasm so get ready for Chasm 2.0 - well we say Chasm but he's actually more of a Bishop...

• Markot
    Markot Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options

@meadowsweet said:
    Covers Needed per Character to Reach Level 550:

Tier Max & Min 2 Max Diff
    5★ 113 113 0
    4★ 526 526 0
    3★ 952 1,152 200
    2★ 1,404 1,804 400
    1★ (3 Powers) 1,508 1,908 400
    1★ (2 Powers) 1,460 1,860 400

From my stats I am able to build and sell full 2* in cca 50 days. It is 63 covers. So to get 1800 it is roughly 29 times more, it is 1450 days. So in less than 4 years I could possibly have all 2* ascended to lvl 550.

For 3* it takes me around a year to max another copy of one character. Its 113 covers. 952 needed are more then 8 times more, so it should be more than 8 years to get to lvl 550. It can be "just" 6 years for older 3* as I hold 2 max champed copies of each one already. But as they started to produce new 3* recently, it can be even longer, as the same rewards will be divided between more characters.

When I look at 4*, I see 3-5 years passed between champing 1st a 2nd copy for most of the older ones. It seems, that 526 covers will be for me something like 12-20 years.

It is just counted from current income of covers, math and statistics. I don't suppose to play another 20 years to verify my math for 4* ;)

I'm mostly T20 personal CL10 PVE, T10 alliance PVE, T25 CL10 personal PVP (not going for 1200 points or 50 wins, mostly just 1000 points or 25 wins), T25 alliance PVP. So, if you play better than me or use money on the game, you can be faster. I think, most players will have even slower income of covers due to worse placement.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,135 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@GrimSkald said:

@Bad said:

@Bowgentle said:

Always.

I never even notice when the MPQ app updates now...I can't remember a recent version release that's had anything I cared about in it. I just have the app on auto-update and it does its thing whenever.

• max5esq
    max5esq Posts: 58 Match Maker
    edited September 2023
    Options

What about number of covers to get to 450? not everyone has 550's (I don't) how many covers does it take to get a 1,2,3, star to 5 star level at 450.

I have 5 fully maxed 3s Ironman dupes on my roster, none of my 5's are above 470, how many do I need to use to get him to be a 5 star?

• Bowgentle
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Bowgentle said:

@GrimSkald said:

@Bad said:

@Bowgentle said:

Always.

I never even notice when the MPQ app updates now...I can't remember a recent version release that's had anything I cared about in it. I just have the app on auto-update and it does its thing whenever.

Yeah I usually don't notice, but when I do, it's always Monday.

• Bowgentle
    edited September 2023
    Options

I also miss the times when there would have been posts saying that "the players" are at fault that the update is delayed, because we "forced" the devs to roll this out before it was ready.
    Actually, no, I don't miss those times.
    It's nice to actually be a bit critical without being called heartless, cruel and greedy for it.

• gmp72
    gmp72 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Options

@max5esq said:
    What about number of covers to get to 450? not everyone has 550's (I don't) how many covers does it take to get a 1,2,3, star to 5 star level at 450.

I have 5 fully maxed 3s Ironman dupes on my roster, none of my 5's are above 470, how many do I need to use to get him to be a 5 star?

Hmm .. 4 covers per 5* level, so 400 covers less to get to 450 vs 550

• Bowgentle
    Options

@gmp72 said:

@max5esq said:

Hmm .. 4 covers per 5* level, so 400 covers less to get to 450 vs 550

Oh noes, look who's back with this feature!

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,040 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options

@max5esq said:

You can use 4 of those to ascend 2 of them to 4*. At that point you will have a pair of 4* Iron Man's at Level 303 (your 100 extra levels on your max champ translates into 33 covers).

To ascend one of those 4 to 5* you need to get from L303 to L370 which is 67 levels at 3 covers per level which is 201 more covers.

At that point you'll ascend the 370 Iron man with the 303 Iron man and get a L458 5* Iron Man (your 303 has 33 extra covers which translates into 33/4=8.25 levels on the 5*).

So 201 more covers.

KGB