New Feature - Champions 2.0 (Live with R287)

Comments

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 507 Critical Contributor

@Borstock said:

@Pantera236 said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@Pantera236 said:

Come on D3

Don't jump in a time machine!

I'll just freeze myself, it's like suspender animation 😏

3* / 5* Time Child (Big Boned) confirmed?

I think it would be...

3⭐ Cartman (Time Child)

5⭐ Cartman (Wizard King. No not King of Wizards, a King that happens to be a Wizard)

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,695 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023

Wouldn't it be Symbiote Wizard King? This is MPQ after all.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,374 Chairperson of the Boards

Man, Dr Strange (symbiote supreme) is right there on the table…somebody get marvel on the phone

• Nikita-K
    Nikita-K Posts: 33 Just Dropped In

Why do you think it's going life at a monday instead of a thursday?

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,374 Chairperson of the Boards

The other thread about the QoL search, ice said if it passed cert it would come out today.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Man, Dr Strange (symbiote supreme) is right there on the table…somebody get marvel on the phone

That's what we need! Symbiote Supreme deals damage whenever the enemy uses a passive!

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    The other thread about the QoL search, ice said if it passed cert it would come out today.

Well guess it didn't pass cert then.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,604 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bowgentle said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Could just mean the app store didn't bother to look at it yet. When this stuff is part of a data push, the devs control it. When it's an app update, they're at the mercy of the app stores.

• Bowgentle

@entrailbucket said:

@Bowgentle said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Could just mean the app store didn't bother to look at it yet. When this stuff is part of a data push, the devs control it. When it's an app update, they're at the mercy of the app stores.

Doubtful,unless they submitted it Friday night.
    We'll find out soon enough.

• Hammer3001
    Hammer3001 Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2023

Am I correct in thinking that it is best to merge 2 fully champed 4-Stars because if you only use 1 maxed & 1 at the minimum, you’ll still need 100 more covers to get the ascended to 550?

Where as if you use 2 maxed 4-Stars you get all those rewards & go immediately to an ascended 5-star at level 549 with the credited 99 covers.

• Markot
    Markot Posts: 86 Match Maker

@Hammer3001 said:
    Am I correct in thinking that it is best to merge 2 fully champed 4-Stars because if you only use 1 maxed & 1 at the minimum, you’ll still need 100 more covers to get the ascended to 550?

Where as if you use 2 maxed 4-Stars you get all those rewards & go immediately to an ascended 5-star at level 549 with the credited 99 covers.

Not correct. It takes 4 covers of 4* to raise 1 level of ascended version. If you marge two maxed, you get an 475 ascended 5*. Then you need 300 more to lvl 550. If 1 minimum is used, the result is lvl 450 5* and you need 400 covers to 550. So it is in both cases 400 covers. First case is better in the sense that for 100 covers you obtain 4* champion rewards and then 5* champion rewards too. In the second case you obtain just 5* rewards for all 400 covers ( every 4 cover 1 reward).

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards

Well all I know is I am now ready to go. Daddy gonna get himself a 2* Spider-Man, no more trailer trash Bag Man for my 2* Spidey needs, gonna be a thwipp thwipp!

• Bowgentle

I assume they gave an update on this somewhere, discord probably?

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2023

It's only been 4 days since the original post, but it seems like folks have already begun accepting that the "tax" or "penalty" for Binding two Max Champs was intentional and has been written in stone? I'm still not convinced it wasn't an oversight, miscalculation, or miscommunication on the part of the devs.

I've tried tagging @IceIX but they haven't responded here on this forum. I'm not on the MPQ Discord where apparently all the actual back-and-forth dialogue takes place - has anyone else brought this up or seen it discussed with the devs on Discord?

Covers Needed per Character to Reach Level 550:

Tier Max & Min 2 Max Diff
    5★ 113 113 0
    4★ 526 526 0
    3★ 952 1,152 200
    2★ 1,404 1,804 400
    1★ (3 Powers) 1,508 1,908 400
    1★ (2 Powers) 1,460 1,860 400

(Max = Max Champ, 50-100 levels upgraded, levels 144, 266, 370
    Min = Max Level, only 13 covers, level 94, 166, 270
    "2 Max" column based on the calculations of @ArchusMonk using examples the devs have cited thus far.)

• DAZ0273

Probably. I guess we have waited this long for something we didn't expect or ask for so a bit longer isn't going to kill us. Much.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

The very usual time for an update to appear on android is in 10 hours more or less.
    So until now everything is running historically as expected for me.

• Bowgentle

@Bad said:
    The very usual time for an update to appear on android is in 10 hours more or less.
    So until now everything is running historically as expected for me.

Except that the usual time for MPQ updates is Monday, not Tuesday.

• Bowgentle

I kinda suspect that the update got rejected because the roster search feature looked the same on a phone like they showed with the steam screenshots.
    And That is bound to fail every basic usability testing.
    I'd love to be proven wrong, though.

• DAZ0273

And also Ice said Monday.