New Feature - Champions 2.0 (Live with R287)

Options

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:
    Should I be recruiting and leveling 1* dupes so I can use them to ascend once they’re eligible? I have one set of max level but I’m guessing we shouldn’t be selling anything at this point?

I think 1* characters are the only consensus "YES!", if only because they go from no champ rewards to champ rewards via ascension. They are a no-brainer.

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options

When does this go live ??

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Whenever the update populates to the Appstore / whatever your OS uses.
    If they didn't fail cert, then later today.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It would be interesting to know how many of the player base are actually capable of ascending a 4* today on launch, not getting into the best scenario of double dipping etc - just if you are actually capable of doing it straight away. So who has a max champ + champed dupe of some level? Doesn't matter if you are not planning on doing it - just maybe say if you have the capability in this thread from from launch.

Definitely not me!

I am gonna dabble with 1* Spidey though - I know my limits!

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options

I have a few double 370s, not as many as a year ago though - sold some feeders.
    I'm not sure I want to ascend current non-feeders... Those two maxed Rhulks could become 12 5* covers eventually.
    My second Gwenpool is 365, I might ascend her.

• BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    It would be interesting to know how many of the player base are actually capable of ascending a 4* today on launch, not getting into the best scenario of double dipping etc - just if you are actually capable of doing it straight away. So who has a max champ + champed dupe of some level? Doesn't matter if you are not planning on doing it - just maybe say if you have the capability in this thread from from launch.

Definitely not me!

I have a few, including Medusa... but I’ve faved her and won’t merge until the second one is 370 (330-ish now, shouldn’t be too long)

• DAZ0273
    Options

I think Gwenpool might make a pretty fun 5*, her green hits pretty hard as it is.

• BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    I have a few double 370s, not as many as a year ago though - sold some feeders.
    I'm not sure I want to ascend current non-feeders... Those two maxed Rhulks could become 12 5* covers eventually.
    My second Gwenpool is 365, I might ascend her.

I’m sure at some point they’ll decide to give retro rewards to ascended toons. At least the "first batch".

• DAZ0273
    Options

Red Hulk is a tricky one because we know there is going to be an MCU Red Hulk in Thunderbolts which makes him a very good candidate for a 3/5 but I don't think we really know when Thunderbolts will be coz of the Hollywood strike.

• Korky1
    Korky1 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options

Surely the best use is to merge max champs, that way you have the rewards to both levels

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,103 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I just sold a duplicate 370 throg and medusa not long ago, wish I had known this was gonna be coming. I'll still have a few that can ascend though.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Gawd this is embarrassing - I am 1 cover short of a dupe 1* Spidey and there are no Lightning Rounds today and I have zero standards to open. :/

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

And I'm right > @DAZ0273 said:

Gawd this is embarrassing - I am 1 cover short of a dupe 1* Spidey and there are no Lightning Rounds today and I have zero standards to open. :/

I've been saving since the announcement and my most usable 1* when the data push happens is Storm on 3 covers. On the plus side, I have 2 max-champed 2* Storms with 4 saved covers ready to see how much damage her ascended wind will cause.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

Definitely not me!

I have no 370s. The dupes I do have:

Cyclops: 289
    Deadpool: 281
    Ghost Rider: 298
    Gorr: 74
    Gwenpoole (1 max, no dupe rostered yet),
    Invisible Woman: 290
    Iron Man: 316
    Medusa: 325
    Moon Knight: 293
    Mr. Fantastic: 286
    Nico Minoru: 309
    Riri Williams: 286
    Rogue: 285
    The Thing: 172
    Thor: 294
    Valkyrie: 343
    War Machine 284

Every old 3* will be ascended to 4* day one because I’ve kept 3 max champs of each for health packs. This should free up a bunch of slots.

Every 2* will also be ascended to 3* day 1 because I’ve kept two max champs of them as well.

1* I only have one max level of each. I do have 211 standards. Could see what that nets me.

It makes sense to wait until I’ve ascended the 2/3. That way I don’t have to buy more slots for the dupe 1s.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I have 4 ascendable 4s, none with max champ dupes, but like @entrailbucket i plan to suboptimally raise them as soon as they are eligible unless they are a cover or two from a good reward I’d like first.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,330 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Definitely not me!

I have no 370s. The dupes I do have:

Cyclops: 289
    Deadpool: 281
    Ghost Rider: 298
    Gorr: 74
    Gwenpoole (1 max, no dupe rostered yet),
    Invisible Woman: 290
    Iron Man: 316
    Medusa: 325
    Moon Knight: 293
    Mr. Fantastic: 286
    Nico Minoru: 309
    Riri Williams: 286
    Rogue: 285
    The Thing: 172
    Thor: 294
    Valkyrie: 343
    War Machine 284

Every old 3* will be ascended to 4* day one because I’ve kept 3 max champs of each for health packs. This should free up a bunch of slots.

Every 2* will also be ascended to 3* day 1 because I’ve kept two max champs of them as well.

1* I only have one max level of each. I do have 211 standards. Could see what that nets me.

It makes sense to wait until I’ve ascended the 2/3. That way I don’t have to buy more slots for the dupe 1s.

My 4* are in similar shape as yours I think. I have a fair number of dupes, but no 370 dupes. Closest are Medusa and Captain Marvel in the 330s. I think I'll go with them first, as there is little chance on updates to feeders for them, and they can be my tests in the 4* space. Both are great characters and would work well at the higher level so little risk.

For the rest, I currently have a bunch of 1* on the vine, as well as ~6 3* IM covers (and 2 maxed champed IM40). I'll clear my vine by ascending the 1* and 3* IM straight away, then start to work on my 2* next.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,339 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options

Apologies but even after 19 pages, I still have some basic questions. Here is something I still don't get and hoping it is clear:

• I have two 4* Polaris at 370
    • If I "ascend" them into a 5Polaris4, can I use that character in the required 4* for the current PVE? Or do I need to have a "pure" 4*Polaris to use?

Thanks in adanvce!

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options

@LavaManLee said:
    Apologies but even after 19 pages, I still have some basic questions. Here is something I still don't get and hoping it is clear:

• If I "ascend" them into a 5Polaris4, can I use that character in the required 4* for the current PVE? Or do I need to have a "pure" 4*Polaris to use?

Thanks in adanvce!

They've said there are currently no nodes in the game programmed to require Polaris (Lorna Dane) to be 4* Polaris (lorna dane), but that the technology to require that in future could be rolled out. so you will be able to use the character with that name anywhere they are required, even required character PVP.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,339 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

@LavaManLee said:

Thanks in adanvce!

They've said there are currently no nodes in the game programmed to require Polaris (Lorna Dane) to be 4* Polaris (lorna dane), but that the technology to require that in future could be rolled out. so you will be able to use the character with that name anywhere they are required, even required character PVP.

Thanks. Polaris was just my example.

I guess the overall question is whether those required nodes in PVE require a "pure" 4* (or 3*) or if an Ascended one works in those nodes?

• DAZ0273
    Options

This could be completely wrong but from what I understand the requirement for that is "Polaris" not 4* Polaris, so presumably the answer is yes you can. Where you could not use a character from a higher tier would be where the requirement was say "3* characters".