***** Vulture (Armor Wars) *****

Options

Comments

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 374 Mover and Shaker
    Options

He looks okay, like a B-, borderline B (but goes to S!). Nothing fancy but he doesn't really work with great with anyone I like using lol. I guess when he's required I could whip up something.

• trenchdigger
    trenchdigger Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Daredevil217
    Not sure I agree with your analysis of green:

Your damage calculation for Full Throttle Blast is the boost only. Max boost is 7 *25% = 175%, so damage is 275% * 5,342 = 14,690 and this is AOE damage.

This means choice is 14,690 AOE damage but draining 7 black/yellow/red or 16,016 single target damage with no drain.

So Full Throttle Blast can deal a maximum of 3 * 14,690 = 44,070 for 14 AP v Plummet dealing 16,016 for 7 AP. I think there is merit to both options.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It's... Very bold to do a deep analysis before playing with a new character.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

What's a "HStealth"? Is that a made up word or am I missing something?

I'm assuming we can't use him with 4* Vulture for silly shenanigans? Will he work with Magneto? I don't remember what Magneto does apart from cowardly desert the battlefield?

Sad we never got an MPQ artist impression of the fantastic Spider-Verse Vulture - no offence to 5* guy but his armour suit is a bit boring looking due to the Iron Man connection.

It's a bit annoying that Archangel's boost week finishes just as this guy is getting a PvP, lol!

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    What's a "HStealth"? Is that a made up word or am I missing something?

I'm assuming we can't use him with 4* Vulture for silly shenanigans? Will he work with Magneto? I don't remember what Magneto does apart from cowardly desert the battlefield?

Sad we never got an MPQ artist impression of the fantastic Spider-Verse Vulture - no offence to 5* guy but his armour suit is a bit boring looking due to the Iron Man connection.

It's a bit annoying that Archangel's boost week finishes just as this guy is getting a PvP, lol!

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll run the 4* Vulture pvp to lock out the 5 just as he enters tokens.

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options

@KGB said:
    Yeah I was thinking same thing about him being airborne. Looks like he will be able to fire abilities while airborne.

I guess now that we have an official 'away' state via Kang/Mordo it makes more sense that Airborne characters can fire powers.

I also note via the feeder updates that we are getting YET ANOTHER 4* Spiderman character to feed 5* Peter Parker. As if having like 10 Spiderman/Spiderwoman/SpiderAnimal characters at the 4* level isn't enough :s

KGB

Doesn't Oscorp Spidey already feed SMPP anyway?

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,509 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Ed_Dragonrider said:

@KGB said:
    Yeah I was thinking same thing about him being airborne. Looks like he will be able to fire abilities while airborne.

I guess now that we have an official 'away' state via Kang/Mordo it makes more sense that Airborne characters can fire powers.

I also note via the feeder updates that we are getting YET ANOTHER 4* Spiderman character to feed 5* Peter Parker. As if having like 10 Spiderman/Spiderwoman/SpiderAnimal characters at the 4* level isn't enough :s

KGB

Doesn't Oscorp Spidey already feed SMPP anyway?

Yeah, he does, so switching off Vulture isn't a big deal. Possibly they're exaggerating with the "Coming Soon," or possibly they're going to give whomever feeds Venomsaurus (who still doesn't have a feeder,) SMPP as a secondary feeder.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@trenchdigger said:
    @Daredevil217

Your damage calculation for Full Throttle Blast is the boost only. Max boost is 7 *25% = 175%, so damage is 275% * 5,342 = 14,690 and this is AOE damage.

This means choice is 14,690 AOE damage but draining 7 black/yellow/red or 16,016 single target damage with no drain.

So Full Throttle Blast can deal a maximum of 3 * 14,690 = 44,070 for 14 AP v Plummet dealing 16,016 for 7 AP. I think there is merit to both options.

Is this right? How do you jump from 175-% to 275?

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

A question so good it deserves to be asked twice.

I wonder if we can answer it by breaking the game before they work out how to fix it.

(It may not be broken but, well, if I was a betting man...)

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,969 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@liminal_lad said:
    To someone else’s point. Say Vulture is airborne. He is the last character left on the team. You have the AP to fire a power but don’t want to. If he can’t make matches while airborne how does the game know to end the turn?

I think the only way this can actually work is "if Vulture is airborne while all other characters are downed, he can't cast powers while airborne."

However, I would not be surprised to see it be released in a totally busted state, in any number of fun ways.

• ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:

@trenchdigger said:
    @Daredevil217

Is this right? How do you jump from 175-% to 275?

I believe it’s because the AP drain part is boost to the base damage, so when you’re calculating the damage, it’s 100% (base damage) + 175% (boost from 7 AP drained) = 275% of base damage. If that’s not the way it works, then you would do less than base damage if you drained less than 4 AP.

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Daredevil217 If his dmg boost was 100%, then it would double his AOE, but since it’s 175% it’s the same as multiplying by 2.75. Also, Vulture generates 7 AP at max level, not 8 AP.

So, his AOE does 5,342 x 2.75 = 14,690. The dmg per AP equals 14,690 x 3 = 44,071 / 14 AP = 3,147 dmg / AP, which is very good.

His single hit green does 16,016 for 7 AP which equals 2,288 dmg / AP, which is average for the tier.

If you pair him with Apocalypse and use his Yellow to boost Vulture’s AOE, then which boost takes effect first? If it’s Vulture’s, then his AOE is around 23K, if it’s Apocalypse, then his AOE is around 39K.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023
    Options

You could probably test that scenario with Emma or Switch with apocalypse. I feel like we worked that out one time, or we might even have been told explicitly, but don't recall the equation order of operations.

*edit
    looks like I already performed that test in Emma's release thread. Here is the order of operations that I came up with:

Base Damage + ( % of Base Damage * N {wanda/emma type boosting, where N is the amount of additional percent added conditionally} ) + Discreet # based Boost {Okoye/Apocalypse type boost} + Strike Total = Final Damage

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/87440/emma-frost-phoenix-five/p6

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 958 Critical Contributor
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@liminal_lad said:
    To someone else’s point. Say Vulture is airborne. He is the last character left on the team. You have the AP to fire a power but don’t want to. If he can’t make matches while airborne how does the game know to end the turn?

I think the only way this can actually work is "if Vulture is airborne while all other characters are downed, he can't cast powers while airborne."

However, I would not be surprised to see it be released in a totally busted state, in any number of fun ways.

I think that's likely, but will that restriction apply to the AI, too?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,969 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@MoosePrime said:

@entrailbucket said:

@liminal_lad said:

So, like, it'd have to, otherwise you'd never be able to complete the match.

Will it? Excellent question! Who knows!

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options

@MoosePrime said:

@entrailbucket said:

@liminal_lad said:

Do we get to fire the same TU multiple times currently, like the AI does (provided enough AP...) ;)

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023
    Options

I’m betting that he can make matches while airborne. Which makes him another “kill him first” character

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Might be like Ikaris with his auto match thing?