***** Vulture (Armor Wars) *****

Options

Comments

• thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Options

He looks to be just as good and annoying as his four counterpart!

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

At a bare minimum, he’s an active battery for Red-Yellow-Black that uses either purple or blue. His blue is basically a 2-turn stun with 7K to 14K dmg, assuming the CD tile survives. His purple steals Blue or Green, which is nice. His 1 turn invisibility after airborne is actually very defensive and could be either problematic or beneficial to you.

His green AOE seems big but it takes a lot of AP, which is technically low dmg per AP in the tier. Of course, he generates that AP too, but it would probably be better used by someone else, like Apocalypse or Gamora. So, his green could simply be a 16K single hit.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,959 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I like that 1 turn invisible power from his Purple when you return from airborne. That gives you 1 turns worth of matching after he returns to get enough Blue or Purple to go airborne again. So if you are trying to use him solo to defeat some enemies you might be able to perpetually stay out of their grasp with a bit of luck.

Clearly the Blue ability to grab an opponent and take them airborne is meant for FosThor so she won't be wrecking his CD with her passive.

KGB

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

He seems like the kind of guy you've got to actually play to figure out. I look forward to trying him out!

I'm also really, really glad they didn't bolt on some kind of anti revive or anti web tile gimmick. Before anybody asks, and just to kill that whole discussion, sending either immortal guy airborne is likely a bad idea, and most certainly is not a "counter."

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

If you pair him with Archangel, a 2-turn airborne should be enough turns to trigger the anti-air passive

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Are nay changes happening to 4-star Vulture powers? Or is he still "away" while airborne?

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Definitely seems like a character who is sufficiently complicated that predicting his value will be hard.

That said, batteries are very useful and relatively scarce in the 5* tier. So I predict that his floor his pretty high. Not sure if his ceiling is all that high; it doesn't seem like he does enough damage, but maybe things will play up?

• WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2023
    Options

Deathlok's stock (Deathstok) just keeps goin up! I quite enjoy the idea of him shooting Vulture out of the sky, while also giving AP to my techno Vulture. I reckon a 5 star who is able to hit airborne targets might also be in our future.

Seems like he might be the most fun to play 5star since Evo.

Also, thank you for giving me enough time to put my 4 Vulture high enough to get my Peter Pooper before this change happened!

• BurntOutGamer
    BurntOutGamer Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options

I want to try him out with Heimdall & Kang. Heimdall’s yellow is admittedly too expensive though

• entrailbucket
    Options

Re-reading this, it's unclear whether his green power is draining friendly or enemy red, yellow, and black to do extra damage.

• IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Re-reading this, it's unclear whether his green power is draining friendly or enemy red, yellow, and black to do extra damage.

I’ve had my fill with losing AP to enemy teams the last year, so I really hope it drains friendly AP. Besides the word choice seems very intentional and I think they would have used “steal” if it was enemy AP. If it’s enemy AP, then Vulture would be on the verge of being OP.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@IrisRyu said:

@entrailbucket said:

I’ve had my fill with losing AP to enemy teams the last year, so I really hope it drains friendly AP. Besides the word choice seems very intentional and I think they would have used “steal” if it was enemy AP. If it’s enemy AP, then Vulture would be on the verge of being OP.

"Steal" always means that the enemy loses the AP and you get it. "Drain" usually means the AP disappears and nobody gets it, although sometimes that's called "destroy" (and maybe other things?)

• IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options

I’m guessing it functions the same as the 4*’s blue, which “drains” friendly AP when he goes airborne.

• raber18
    raber18 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options

@KGB said:
    Yeah I was thinking same thing about him being airborne. Looks like he will be able to fire abilities while airborne.

I guess now that we have an official 'away' state via Kang/Mordo it makes more sense that Airborne characters can fire powers.

I also note via the feeder updates that we are getting YET ANOTHER 4* Spiderman character to feed 5* Peter Parker. As if having like 10 Spiderman/Spiderwoman/SpiderAnimal characters at the 4* level isn't enough :s

KGB

Do you mean Wong? Or does mordo do something very different than what I remember

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

I'm thinking since his passive gains those colors that it only makes sense that his power drains it too. It's like 3* Ironman's powers draining his noncolor AP

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    Options

So he can fire powers while airborne but can he make matches?

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

@entrailbucket said:

I'm thinking since his passive gains those colors that it only makes sense that his power drains it too. It's like 3* Ironman's powers draining his noncolor AP

Oh, that's what I think too -- and it's what would make the most sense power level-wise. I'm just saying that it's not clear from the power description, and...well, given where we're at today, who knows?

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,922 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bad said:
    By the way, full throttle at max drain deals 525% of 5355 to the enemy team, more or less 30k damage. Not bad.

Isn’t it 125%? 7 X 125? That’s less than 10k.