***** Vulture (Armor Wars) *****

Options

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I just tested Emma/Magik in the blade PVP and it was a little hard to parse but it seemed like Emma was overriding Magik once I had enough red.

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

He is a slow battery, like Gambit, but if used to the best of his abilities, like Hawkeye, he can be good. On defense, he shouldn’t be a problem because the AI isn’t smart enough to keep matching blue and purple to keep him airborne / invisible. But if your battle strategy is to never match blue or purple, then the AI will get it and he could be a problem. Either way, he can be stopped unlike Yellowjacket who can go invisible indefinitely.

• Vog
    Vog Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:

Vulture might be the same. I have him as a top 15 character, which might be crazy.

@Daredevil217 - do you update your awesome guide somewhere more frequently than on the MPQ Character Discussion post, or is your "he's top 15" comment coming from your current personal edit that you haven't posted yet?

Just curious as I look forward to reading your take on High Evolutionary, Gwenom, etc.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Vog said:

@Daredevil217 said:

Vulture might be the same. I have him as a top 15 character, which might be crazy.

@Daredevil217 - do you update your awesome guide somewhere more frequently than on the MPQ Character Discussion post, or is your "he's top 15" comment coming from your current personal edit that you haven't posted yet?

Just curious as I look forward to reading your take on High Evolutionary, Gwenom, etc.

The latter. I am actually editing the guide now. It’s annoying when I fall behind because I need to update the folks who pair well with the new characters. And of course update the rebalanced characters. Right now I’m just sort of reading/scanning each old entry and making small edits.

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options

About Vulture not making purple passively. Not to worry. Hulk makes so much AP that even Chasm can't get rid of it all...

• marvel075
    marvel075 Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options

looks like his green ability drains the red, black, and yellow form the ENEMY TEAM and not yours lol

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 374 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Does drain mean it gets added to yours or just takes away from them? Still a significant difference heh. Though why he generates those colors then...?

• SourCream
    SourCream Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options

https://streamable.com/g7khwa

I have no idea what is happening with this guy... feel like I won 3 matches just by having Omege Red alive and enough greens to nuke for the wins. Lmk, if any good 5ynergy, I will try later. Pick-2 and no circus tricks.

• Daredevil217
    Options

I would like to see Heimdall. Since he can send Vulture airborne to collect AP with yellow. Also, Heimdall takes reduced damage when he’s the only one on the board. You can use blue to make purple/green cheaper as well.

You can try ihulk who should not be able to die as long as Vulture can stay aloft.

Apocalypse also isn’t a bad play. Full rainbow actives. Vulture directly feeds him.

As an aside I hate that every match is ihulk/chasm. Nerf him already!

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,969 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@marvel075 said:
    looks like his green ability drains the red, black, and yellow form the ENEMY TEAM and not yours lol

Ha! Called it, sorta!

• IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@marvel075 said:

Ha! Called it, sorta!

You were right and I was totally wrong! Good call!

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Now the question is: is this intended behaviour lol

• entrailbucket
    Options

I really didn't think they'd have it work that way. That power is probably too good in this state. But the wording was ambiguous in their description. We should probably stop assuming that kind of stuff.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I really wish somebody with user experience training rather than simply user interface development training could go through and make a standardized nomenclature for power effects so that things wouldn’t be ambiguous.

• Daredevil217
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    I really didn't think they'd have it work that way. That power is probably too good in this state. But the wording was ambiguous in their description. We should probably stop assuming that kind of stuff.

I think it was a fair assumption. The idea how we read it is he is generating these off-colors to fuel his active ability. It also has you make a choice whether to fire it airborne or grounded with pros and cons to each. Now, there is literally no drawback to firing it grounded and no benefit to firing it airborne. For that reason I actually think it’s bugged and makes him way way better.

@bbigler said:
    @Daredevil217 If his dmg boost was 100%, then it would double his AOE, but since it’s 175% it’s the same as multiplying by 2.75. Also, Vulture generates 7 AP at max level, not 8 AP.

So, his AOE does 5,342 x 2.75 = 14,690. The dmg per AP equals 14,690 x 3 = 44,071 / 14 AP = 3,147 dmg / AP, which is very good.

His single hit green does 16,016 for 7 AP which equals 2,288 dmg / AP, which is average for the tier.

If you pair him with Apocalypse and use his Yellow to boost Vulture’s AOE, then which boost takes effect first? If it’s Vulture’s, then his AOE is around 23K, if it’s Apocalypse, then his AOE is around 39K.

Now that we’ve seen him in action, is this how the math works out? I think in the videos posted green is ending the match (and I don’t know what SourCream has Vulture’s green set to), but am curious if this is in fact the max damage output.

Now that we know the AOE doesn’t drain his team’s AP, it’s actually 44,071 / 7 for about 6.3K damage per AP!

• entrailbucket
    Options

I think it was a fair assumption, and I also think the power should work the way everyone assumed it did. But this group of devs seems to be operating under a different set of constraints or design principles, and we probably should adapt our expectations to that. In practice, this (unfortunately) means that rating new characters by reading their powers may no longer work.

I don't think the power is bugged...it appears to be working as written. Maybe the designer meant to have it drain friendly AP, but whoever implemented it read the description wrong? Either way, one would assume that there was an opportunity for someone to catch that error in testing somewhere, and it wasn't changed.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

What testing?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    What testing?

I am sure it at least got ran through the "Does it work with 4* Star-Lord" phase?

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Has anyone been able to test what happens when he’s the last one standing yet? Can he still fire airborne powers?