Upcoming Rebalances - Kate Bishop, Jubilee, Magik (Phoenix 5)

Options
123457»

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,052 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    She's easily a top-half 5* now. It really, really sucks that they had to waste their one buff per month on such a new character (I have Hawkeye and Black Bolt at 550 and both are completely unusable this week at 672), but I guess people care way more about new characters.

With a L672 Hawkeye you can't run the Away team for a bunch of fast cheap victories?

KGB

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,172 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I did try Hawkeye/Kang, but in pick-2 it's not that fast and it's really bad on defense.

In PvE a Hawkeye buff doesn't really affect the IM40 team at all...it's still fast but it's boring doing a whole sub like that.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Tiger_Wong said:
    What a stupid over-generalization to make.

What a stupid comment to make, instead of proving the content wrong you just say it’s wrong.

See what I did there?

If this is something good / special defend the content of your premise and don’t attack me.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2023
    Options

*** Edited post to remove deleted post and response to it *** Scofie

So I will give you some props first. I like the Evo team you suggested.

fights team with wanda and wong works better, and doesn't require 3 specific supports for his characters.
    Magik Emma Okoye is ridiculous by turn 3 and you don't need specific supports either.

So you brought up a less effective team to make a subpar character just ok.
    So good on you man. Keep fighting the good fight brother.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

You are talking about 2 top characters thor and apoc, even now. However:

@Tiger_Wong said:
    Magik PH5 w/chimichanga support lvl 4
    Jean Grey (Phoenix) w/hellfire club support lvl3
    Cyclops PH5 w/Krakoa support lvl3

Magik, jean grey and cyclops aren't exactly top characters.
    Hellfire and krakoa aren't exactly easy to obtain supports yet. Also chimichanga, but level 4.
    So your conditions is to have good covered Grey (I haven't), and sighclops.
    Also to spend a nice amount of money to have these new supports at level 3 (vaults only give level 2).
    Plus magik tanking but half health = health packs employed.
    Everything for making magik shine up.
    Imo the best thing you usually do is to insult.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,172 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm not sure why Magik is still some sort of controversial figure. After the buff she's...average. Maybe slightly better than average?

When she's boosted she's quite good, and when she's not boosted you could probably construct a combo around her to use her for something. Exclude the few overpowered guys and the few completely useless ones, and that's how the majority of 5* work now.

You could also just ignore her (and every other 5*) and trivially stomp everything with one of the few overpowered guys. That's not a problem that's exclusive to Magik.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    I'm not sure why Magik is still some sort of controversial figure. After the buff she's...average. Maybe slightly better than average?

Maybe it's because she has a hard time walking with the legs they gave her

• Bad
    Options

Like I said, you need to match red with her for to multiply her repeaters and for to fire her red power.
    However doing so the red runs out in the same way that her repeaters(and her black power creates repeaters but not red).
    So in any battle her long 2 turns repeaters usually do 10k health to the most.
    She only needs to perform excellently a character enhancing damage, a character fortifying repeaters, a character creating red tiles, and maybe a character creating cascades or critical balls, also a character reducing turns for repeaters.

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Bad said:
    Like I said, you need to match red with her for to multiply her repeaters and for to fire her red power.
    However doing so the red runs out in the same way that her repeaters(and her black power creates repeaters but not red).
    So in any battle her long 2 turns repeaters usually do 10k health to the most.
    She only needs to perform excellently a character enhancing damage, a character fortifying repeaters, a character creating red tiles, and maybe a character creating cascades or critical balls, also a character reducing turns for repeaters.

You probably want to match black over red... without firing black at least once demons will do only moderate damage. And as you mention matching red too much will reduce the number of demons.

• Bad
    Options

@pepitedechocolat said:

You probably want to match black over red... without firing black at least once demons will do only moderate damage. And as you mention matching red too much will reduce the number of demons.

So notice that actually with that answer you are agreeing with me that her design is flawed, as you purposedly are avoiding to fire a cheap power damaging and placing a damager repeater, and also her second strongest color.

• pepitedechocolat
    Options

@Bad said:

@pepitedechocolat said:

So notice that actually with that answer you are agreeing with me that her design is flawed, as you purposedly are avoiding to fire a cheap power damaging and placing a damager repeater, and also her second strongest color.

Nope I dont agree. This is "choice" not "flaw". you can have small fast damage matching red, or bigger slower damage matching black. I enjoy her flexibility, even if this can be considered weak compared to 20k passive aoe damage+board shake every turn.

• Bad
    edited June 2023
    Options

@pepitedechocolat said:

@Bad said:

Nope I dont agree. This is "choice" not "flaw". you can have small fast damage matching red, or bigger slower damage matching black. I enjoy her flexibility, even if this can be considered weak compared to 20k passive aoe damage+board shake every turn.

Your choice. Your roster.
    When playing with a character boosting damage ( because her own doesn't makes a difference if facing big healthpools), then any passive is welcome, being her match damage, repeaters, active red plus the damage extra repeater.
    And for me, as I already explained, an ability restricting another is a flaw.
    It's not "flexibility", it's "flawless".
    And after getting a buff because, remember, nobody was playing her.

• pepitedechocolat
    Options

@Bad said:

I'll just quote that as an indication even your subconscious is not convinced of your opinion and end this thread :)

• Bad
    Options

@pepitedechocolat said:

@Bad said:

I'll just quote that as an indication even your subconscious is not convinced of your opinion and end this thread :)

Better said, a typo because English is not my language. Flawed, that would be

• moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Options

Definitely an improvement. Boosted Magik with Wong in Pve was really fast.

Wong increases her damage by 30%...but the magic is really in Wong's strike tiles which allow Magik to dip that many times over (perma dmg, reapeater damage or firing cheap abilities like purple aoe). If you get lucky, you can even start with strikes turn 1. Unlucky means you get massive protects so you take no dmg while you build up or +2 Red/Purple which Magik can use as well.

To speed up Wong, just get a 3* Kamar-taj to fire his first yellow for 3 AP. And/Or use 1/2 Gladiator Thor as a battery for Wong (and also to dip the extra cascade dmg with strike tiles).

At least Magik will see some use for me when boosted wheras other boosted characters are still replaced by Shang-Chi.