Upcoming Rebalances - Kate Bishop, Jubilee, Magik (Phoenix 5)

Options

Comments

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThisisClemFandango said:

@Bowgentle said:
    Well that escalated quickly.

I know, Brick killed a guy! Brick you should lay low you're probably wanted for murder.

I love lamp!!!

• Mrcl25
    Mrcl25 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options

Give Magik a passive that makes enemies unable to revive. She would still be weak against everyone else, but good against Chasm/Hulk.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,040 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

There’s a lot of people using the word “usable” around here. And quite OBVIOUSLY they don’t know what it means.

I really think you mean “viable vs what we think the meta is”.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 580 Critical Contributor
    Options

I'm having fun using Magik after the update

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@IceIX said:
    Just to note on the above conversation, I can't get into the ins and outs of the deal with the costume, but there was more than just "taking a Marvel concept" going on with this one. For one obvious example, he directly retweeted our announcement for the costume, which isn't normally something you do when aggrieved.

It definitely looks good and evokes both the comics and the disney+ series.

• WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options

Jubileeeee, nooooooooooo! I now wasted my time and resources favoriting her :(

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,262 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2023
    Options

Permanent damage abilities are actually a lot of fun against perma-revivers like iHulk if you can boost them enough. I've definitely used Old Man Daken/Okoye | Apocalypse to perma reduce an iHulk to 1hp so that he is constantly dying/reviving and turning my and his basic matches into a team kill, but that was in the pre-chasm days when you were able to earn enough AP to fire powers. It also really only worked in a pick-3 scenario where you could put a green battery in the middle like Gladiator Thor, or an AOE reducer like Switch or Electro.

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Just wanted to post separately that while the KB buff is nice (albeit unnecessary) the nerf to an already mediocre Magik is crazy. She was kind of fun to use as a brawler, and that’s the one thing you decided to take from her? I just don’t get it.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2023
    Options

@jp1 said:
    Please stop nerfing characters. Wouldn’t it be possible to raise the bar instead of lowering it? Spending six plus years on a game just to have your resources made useless is really not a great experience.

I realize this won’t be a popular post because people want to have an easy PVP run, but some of us spend real money as well as our time. If you purchase a product anywhere else in the world and the person who sold it to you decides it’s “too good” would you be cool with them coming to your house and messing it up?

I appreciate the efforts of the new team and I don’t even mind the growing pains…but a lot of these recent “rebalances” feel like the old days. If you want my money moving forward you will have to inspire more confidence that you won’t just take away what I purchase.

Note: I barely touch PVP because it broken with or without Chasm. So…for folks like me all you are doing is making the game worse. Just a different perspective.

People made the same arguments about x-force wolvie/jane thor, gambit, OML, bishop, hammer cap, probably others I'm forgetting. It has been demonstrated time and again that they can and will debuff overly strong characters.

Many competitive games make balance changes to characters regularly and try to balance out things so that one character isn't overly dominant. Of course some will always end up being better than others, but we shouldn't have a situation where one character dominates everything and is all anyone uses all the time. I'm happy to see that the new devs seem more keen on doing periodic updates (changing Magik and then buffing her back up so quickly) rather than just doing a rebalance once and then never looking back at them.

I don't think they are going to nerf chasm into the ground like the old devs would have (from the glimpse that was seen they might even be accidentally buffing him like gambit 2.0) and I have more confidence in the new devs that if this first rebalance doesn't work quite well enough they will keep trying until they get him to the point that he is in line with good 5 star characters and not far and away the best character in the game. If they do this then your resources won't have been "useless", he will still be good just not dominant.

• jp1
    Options

@BriMan2222 said:

@jp1 said:
    Please stop nerfing characters. Wouldn’t it be possible to raise the bar instead of lowering it? Spending six plus years on a game just to have your resources made useless is really not a great experience.

I realize this won’t be a popular post because people want to have an easy PVP run, but some of us spend real money as well as our time. If you purchase a product anywhere else in the world and the person who sold it to you decides it’s “too good” would you be cool with them coming to your house and messing it up?

I appreciate the efforts of the new team and I don’t even mind the growing pains…but a lot of these recent “rebalances” feel like the old days. If you want my money moving forward you will have to inspire more confidence that you won’t just take away what I purchase.

Note: I barely touch PVP because it broken with or without Chasm. So…for folks like me all you are doing is making the game worse. Just a different perspective.

People made the same arguments about x-force wolvie/jane thor, gambit, OML, bishop, hammer cap, probably others I'm forgetting. It has been demonstrated time and again that they can and will debuff overly strong characters.

Many competitive games make balance changes to characters regularly and try to balance out things so that one character isn't overly dominant. Of course some will always end up being better than others, but we shouldn't have a situation where one character dominates everything and is all anyone uses all the time. I'm happy to see that the new devs seem more keen on doing periodic updates (changing Magik and then buffing her back up so quickly) rather than just doing a rebalance once and then never looking back at them.

I don't think they are going to nerf chasm into the ground like the old devs would have (from the glimpse that was seen they might even be accidentally buffing him like gambit 2.0) and I have more confidence in the new devs that if this first rebalance doesn't work quite well enough they will keep trying until they get him to the point that he is in line with good 5 star characters and not far and away the best character in the game. If they do this then your resources won't have been "useless", he will still be good just not dominant.

Yeah, I remember those arguments. I was probably one of the people making them. Just hoping they don’t fall on deaf ears like they have historically. In the end they will do what they want, but I want to voice my opinion even though I seem to be in the minority. I mean to me it’s common sense, but that doesn’t mean I think everyone else is wrong…we all have a different set of circumstances from which our opinions are formed. It seems like the forums are filled with heavy PVP players and I totally understand their frustrations with Chasm.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

If you're not playing much PVP, Chasm is irrelevant to you, isn't he?
    I mean yes, he's fast in PVE during Thanos boost week, but that's it.

• jp1
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    If you're not playing much PVP, Chasm is irrelevant to you, isn't he?
    I mean yes, he's fast in PVE during Thanos boost week, but that's it.

I actually use him pretty regularly in PVE. I mean it won’t be devastating to my game since I have all current 5s champed, and I didn’t go all in on him. The issue I have though is the trend of every “OP” character being called out for a nerf. You remove enough tools and it starts getting hard to get the job done.

Also IMO as hard as it is to reach this level of gameplay there shouldn’t be such a thing as OP. If you played something like Skyrim nonstop for six or more years do you think it would be balanced? At what point do you get to have powerful toons that aren’t just pretty good?

God boost pretty much diversified the tier but outside of that, again IMO, there are more weak 5*s than strong. That’s just ridiculous given the time commitment and or financial commitment to reach that point in the game.

Reworking PVP seems like a much more fair solution. I’m sure it’s much more work as well, but that’s how it goes sometimes when you are trying to do right for your customers.

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 603 Critical Contributor
    Options

Is there an option to make chasm PVE only and restricted from PVP?

Then we don't need to go through the rebalance pains and chasm isn't the focus off every thread.

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options

@jp1 said:
    Just wanted to post separately that while the KB buff is nice (albeit unnecessary) the nerf to an already mediocre Magik is crazy. She was kind of fun to use as a brawler, and that’s the one thing you decided to take from her? I just don’t get it.

I dunno how you can consider changes to Magik a nerf. If you are speaking about the 3.7% reduction to match damage I think you overplaying that by a lot... or trolling and I fell for it :D

(considering your take on chasm nerf actually I think you are trolling, but well...)

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,187 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Blackstone said:
    Is there an option to make chasm PVE only and restricted from PVP?

Then we don't need to go through the rebalance pains and chasm isn't the focus off every thread.

The reaction to this would be just as bad as the reaction to a nerf, and possibly even worse.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

To put it simply: they messed it with chasm.
    It's possible to make mistakes of course.
    But making a good QA test nobody would say it's an ok character after fighting him many times, after noticing the health punishment after each battle.
    And there is no excuse because who was it the next 5*? Ishulk. The perfect partner for the zombie team.
    So across many months we played Zombie Puzzle Quest, without any explanation nor any counter.
    I think the polemic is already closed, imo it's a bit late for to appear here begging for chasm's salvation.
    He is already into a well deserved nerf.