Upcoming in R278: Chapter Select Update and Bonus Shard Update

Options

Comments

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 580 Critical Contributor
    Options

I think the new shard bonuses are a bit extreme. Won't be long until eveeyine is running multiple 550s.

May I suggest a bonus percent somewhere in the middle?

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@Kolence said:

@Punisher5784 said:
    The LL store just updated. I pulled 100 tokens (two 50 button pulls).. wow.. I got almost 3 covers worth of 5* shards! The first 50 pull gave me a 780 bonus 5* shard

Now you've made me wonder how it ended at 780 exactly. :) Bonuses are 50, 125 or 500 and 50 pulls would give 150, right?

Oops you're right. It was 875. Idk why I had 780 in my head

This is a VERY bold roster-building strategy, after they've announced their intention to nerf him!

Lol I was waiting for someone to say something. I am banking on a 5* Gambit V2 type of "nerf"

I remember when I heard rumors of Gambits nerf, so I stopped trying to pull his covers, then he was "nerfed" and I felt like I missed out. Well not this time! Maybe. We'll see!

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@jp1 said:

@killahKlown said:
    I think the new shard bonuses are a bit extreme. Won't be long until eveeyine is running multiple 550s.

I disagree. I won’t be asking for less money at my next performance evaluation at work either.

I appreciate the generosity after years of stingy bonuses.

I'm with you @jp1 It's just more fun playing with all the characters at champ levels. It'll still take me a very very long time to get anywhere near 550 on any of them unless I sharget them one by one.

That said though, there would need to be a medium-term plan. Faster progress in the 5* tier should mean there is something after that to move towards. Otherwise it's trying to get 1900 pulls every 3 months to keep everyone maxed. I imagine that will be even less fun than it sounds.

A shiny new 6* tier however... 😉

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Oh yeah, I totally see this change as a ramp up towards 6 stars

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,172 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@jp1 said:

@killahKlown said:

I disagree. I won’t be asking for less money at my next performance evaluation at work either.

The problem is that characters cap at 550, so it's not really a "raise" for people who already have a bunch of maxed out characters. They basically just gave a raise to everyone BUT the 550 players.

Which...is fine by me! I like to fight, and the more of you I can beat up, the better! New 550 players are hilarious, you -75 them once or twice and they'll shield at like 800 points.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

A year has passed by since giving 2 covers on boss events.
    If anything was negative they should had tracked it and the covers ceased.
    However it's the opposite so everything should be fine.
    Imho this is right because remember that a gacha game always has to provide ways for the new players could compete with older ones.

Finally, we had our 6* character in disguise, aka chasm, and personally I had enough unbalance, thanks, so I don't want a 6* tier at all.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 580 Critical Contributor
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@jp1 said:

@killahKlown said:

The problem is that characters cap at 550, so it's not really a "raise" for people who already have a bunch of maxed out characters. They basically just gave a raise to everyone BUT the 550 players.

Which...is fine by me! I like to fight, and the more of you I can beat up, the better! New 550 players are hilarious, you -75 them once or twice and they'll shield at like 800 points.

Plenty of old timer 550s that do that too

• entrailbucket
    Options

@killahKlown said:

@entrailbucket said:

@jp1 said:

@killahKlown said:

Plenty of old timer 550s that do that too

Imagine hoarding for 3 years or whatever to max out the best characters, then getting scared because you got -200'd, shielding at 800, and onehopping to 1200 off cupcakes, like some 4* player. Couldn't be me!

Unfortunately the cupcakes and giant multi alliance truce rooms ruined several generations of players. There's no more wars, and PvP is seriously lacking in the kind of spite and utter hatred that makes playing the game fun.

Getting a few more 550 players won't really change that, they'll all learn quickly how to be "friendly" or whatever.

• TheXMan
    TheXMan Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options

What you say ruined generations of players, I think has kept the game alive. You realize this is a match 3 game not a competitive online shooter right?

• entrailbucket
    Options

Yes, and all the same "cooperative" players who miraculously manage to finish in the top 10 every event aren't competing at all, right? They just get lucky! There's no way those folks are all in secret rooms that have secret high-value cupcakes that aren't shared with all the rest of your "friends" from the big truce rooms?

You've all transformed good, honest competition, where you repeatedly punch the other guy in the face to see who's best, into politics, negotiation, and backstabbing, and on top of that -- the worst sin of all -- you've made the game BORING.

PvP is fun when there's danger -- when you might get hit for -75 repeatedly and you've got to go FAST to finish your match and get in before all your points evaporate. Being "friendly" with literally everyone turns a frantic, dangerous, furtive dash towards high points into a boring, guaranteed, safe escalator ride up to 6000 or whatever.

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 603 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2023
    Options

Edit: I jumped to conclusions and ranted about something while interpreting another's perspective out of context from their intent.

A response was given and I reread both posts. I dingy feel that my comments reflect the other person's intent nor how I want to present myself, so I removed the rant.

• entrailbucket
    Options

I don't go around screaming at people and fighting them in real life, no...this is a competitive game, though. In PvP, you literally cannot play the game without attacking people and taking their points away. How can you engage in PvP at all and pretend that you're not hurting other players? Why not lean into it instead of trying to rationalize it away and pretend like you're a good, friendly person? This is make-believe, no one is actually getting hurt here. It's a silly game.

So yeah, 550 players are at the top of the MPQ food chain, and I expect them to act like it. If you're my equal, and I start a fight with you, I expect you to fight back -- not run away and hide.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Why fight an equal when you can bully lesser rosters? Isn't that what being a 550 player is all about?

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Blackstone Rereading what you wrote...I think you think I'm a different kind of player? I'd never ridicule someone for a low score, or for not knowing what to do, and I like helping new players too. I often put up pretty low scores myself (if I need to keep you at 900 then I have to stay lower than that).

It sounds like the toxicity you're talking about is the sort of political stuff that I also can't stand. I also blocked everyone outside my alliance on Line, and don't ever send or respond to threats or anything like that.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Borstock said:
    Why fight an equal when you can bully lesser rosters? Isn't that what being a 550 player is all about?

Not to me...I'll farm those lower level guys for 5 points, but I hate it, it's BORING. I won't take 75 off a 4* player, because they don't deserve it. If I'm taking 60+ there's a reason for it.

I want a war, a challenge -- I want a fight. That's what makes the game fun for me.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2023
    Options

Mod edit - removed quote as original post has been edited by the user - Scofie

I think you misunderstood the term "cupcake"
    When EB said "Unfortunately the cupcakes and giant multi alliance truce rooms ruined several generations of players." He wasn't calling players cupcakes, he was referring to when people used to "bake cupcakes". This would be when you would save one of the seed 1 star teams you get in pvp, climb to high points and then switch to a low level 3 star team using the seed team node. This would lead to their friends being able to see a very weak team for very high points.

The person baking the cupcake would then shield, and let everyone know they had shielded. They lose no points and everyone gets more points. They put a stop to being able to do this, but you can still sort of do it by switching to one weak 5 star character and one 4 star. That is called "grilling"

• Blackstone
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    @Blackstone Rereading what you wrote...I think you think I'm a different kind of player? I'd never ridicule someone for a low score, or for not knowing what to do, and I like helping new players too. I often put up pretty low scores myself (if I need to keep you at 900 then I have to stay lower than that).

It sounds like the toxicity you're talking about is the sort of political stuff that I also can't stand. I also blocked everyone outside my alliance on Line, and don't ever send or respond to threats or anything like that.

That's why I included the line about tone not carrying over through text.

If you read you posts though, I think you'll be able to see how it can come across a bit harsh. Or maybe I'm just more jaded then I think I am and jumping to conclusions.

If I misrepresented your intentions, I apologize.

As for Line... That was the single most toxic gaming related experience I've ever had in my life, and a big reason I quit bothering with the full on competitive mindset of play. (That and having time for other things).

• TheXMan
    TheXMan Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2023
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    I don't go around screaming at people and fighting them in real life, no...this is a competitive game, though. In PvP, you literally cannot play the game without attacking people and taking their points away. How can you engage in PvP at all and pretend that you're not hurting other players? Why not lean into it instead of trying to rationalize it away and pretend like you're a good, friendly person? This is make-believe, no one is actually getting hurt here. It's a silly game.

So yeah, 550 players are at the top of the MPQ food chain, and I expect them to act like it. If you're my equal, and I start a fight with you, I expect you to fight back -- not run away and hide.

You can gain points in pvp without taking points...those are called shields. I understand your position but I think you are in the vast minority. I think there is much more competition in pve than pvp because the rewards are better. And I also think this game would no longer be around without Line.

• Blackstone
    Options

@BriMan2222 said:

I think you misunderstood the term "cupcake"
    When EB said "Unfortunately the cupcakes and giant multi alliance truce rooms ruined several generations of players." He wasn't calling players cupcakes, he was referring to when people used to "bake cupcakes". This would be when you would save one of the seed 1 star teams you get in pvp, climb to high points and then switch to a low level 3 star team using the seed team node. This would lead to their friends being able to see a very weak team for very high points.

The person baking the cupcake would then shield, and let everyone know they had shielded. They lose no points and everyone gets more points. They put a stop to being able to do this, but you can still sort of do it by switching to one weak 5 star character and one 4 star. That is called "grilling"

I understand all of that... And I'm familiar with the term.

My mistake was reading through posts while in a bad mood. A few things caught my eye and I ranted without giving things much thought. Things not clicking because I had other things on my mind.

I'll edit or delete