Upcoming in R278: Chapter Select Update and Bonus Shard Update

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Everything in this game scales horribly to smaller devices.
    Always has, always will.

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Options

Interesting difference between Latest and Classic bonus odds... Would love to see a breakdown for all packs if possible.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

There is so much negative space in their UI between the Versus Story Campaign tabs at the top and the main frame though, and by losing the events on the sides (to denote side scrolling) it is even more glaring.

They could place the event information banners on the bottom (above or below the old Rank portion) and increase the text size and shift the event window up to make use of the negative space without covering the art.

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@IceIX : The charts for Heroic 1x in your post are listing a 1.1% chance to receive some amount of bonus 3-star shards and 0.8% chance for some amount of bonus 4-star shards. In game, those are displaying as ~2% and ~1%.

Did the percents change from your chart, or are they displaying incorrectly?

• Kaidrin1979
    Kaidrin1979 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options

With the new UI I am not able to join the lightning rounds.

• moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Options

As expected, the new UI has broken something...can't join Lighting Rounds anymore after the first round.

It says Join event to unlock, but there is no way to join.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I have the same but I didn't think PvP was getting the UI update like PvE? This is definitely a whoopsy.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 796 Critical Contributor
    Options

I don't get the changes to the layout. So one window gets removed for tabs on the side? Pointless. Should've left this on the back burner. Not looking forward to the bugs that comes with this.

• Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    I have the same but I didn't think PvP was getting the UI update like PvE? This is definitely a whoopsy.

Based on the initial post, that was also my understanding.

@moogles85 said:
    As expected, the new UI has broken something...can't join Lighting Rounds anymore after the first round.

It says Join event to unlock, but there is no way to join.

Lightning Rounds were the exception, so if the UI update includes LR what sort of QA testing was done to ensure issues like this were caught? This feels like another huge miss for usability.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm hoping that I can look back on previous chapters and see my score/ position. Would be both intersting and useful to plan.

• mani82
    mani82 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2023
    Options

My chasm did not heal when downed with ihulk alive even with 10 abyss tiles on board ;whenever some update is released chasm updates himself I sense

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 467 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Scofie said:
    I'm hoping that I can look back on previous chapters and see my score/ position. Would be both intersting and useful to plan.

Spoiler: You can't. That was on the wishlist for a lot of my alliance mates. So far all this UI change has managed to do is break Lightning Rounds.

• WilliamK1983
    edited May 2023
    Options

@mani82 said:
    My chasm did not heal when downed with ihulk alive even with 10 abyss tiles on board ;whenever some update is released chasm updates himself I sense

Was it in the Cosmo pvp? Because the same thing was happening to me this morning. Thought at first it was a bug and still could be. But I think it's the passive of Cosmo's blue power.

Edit: this happened to me before I downloaded the update.

• mani82
    mani82 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2023
    Options

S correct but does it disable revive I am surprised ;happy the good doggie was not a five star it would have broken the game more than the big C

• WilliamK1983
    Options

I guess so. Disables abilities, revive is an ability. Anyone got any ideas?

• ct451
    ct451 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options

How are you supposed to join the lightning rounds?

I don't think the devs take this game as seriously as the players. Turn some designers into testers, or something.....

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ct451 said:
    How are you supposed to join the lightning rounds?

I don't think the devs take this game as seriously as the players. Turn some designers into testers, or something.....

You probably needed to join the first LR event. New material for my Meeting posts!

• OGAlphateam
    OGAlphateam Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options

Thank you for the update.

At the top with the Verses / Story / Campaign tabs at the top. Would it be possible to have the Campaign tab removable? I totally get it needs to be there for me people, great. For veterans who have completed it will likely never go back, yet it takes 1/3 of the total bar.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

No.
    Because some poor new player will get confused, accidentally remove campaign, and leave without spending money.
    We can't have that.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Today appeared the message "event complete". And that's all.
    I had to press back to the main event and then it appeared the next sub.
    So where is the improvement? A new player not knowing this pve probably would log off thinking a new pve would come later.