Upcoming in R278: Chapter Select Update and Bonus Shard Update

Options

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,172 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I sell max champ Bagmans, but I do have two 370 Devil Dinosaurs, can I be in the club?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Wouldn't you be like one of the founding members?

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options

@St_Bernadus said:

Are you duping 4s? I was post iso until the maxed 4s started hitting. Have 20 or so dupe 4s waiting to get champed.

HOLY MOLY THAT'S why I'm getting short on ISO all of a sudden.
    I have all but 8 fives champed, and haven't had to worry AT ALL about ISO for years. but now I'm duping my 4s, of course, that's a bigger ISO drain.

you're literally a genius. this has been driving me mad for months.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    I don’t want to belong to any club that would have me as a member.

Well I'm not in either but at least you qualify. You could be like Angel and only pretend to be a Hellfire Club member as it suits you. I ain't got no 370s so at best I would be one of the bondage gear maids with the spiky collars.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2023
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

Groucho marx always a genius.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 710 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Bad said:

@entrailbucket said:

Groucho marx always a genious.

*Genius

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 580 Critical Contributor
    Options

So some people should start seeing the update today, right?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Assuming they didn't fail first party certification, which is always a possibility.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2023
    Options

Out of curiosity I pulled up some of my numbers. It seems I've pulled around 6700 legendary pulls since shards went in back in late 2019 (I'm really surprised it has only been that long, but I went and found the announcement.) So based on the old percentage for bonus shards, that meant I would have, on average, pulled .67 of the full 5* covers. I'm quite sure it happened at least once (I don't track that anywhere I can find it easily,) it may have happened twice but there I'm less certain.
    With the new system that's, on average, 67 full 5* covers over the last two and a half years. Looking at the other odds - for every 100 pulls you will on average (and bear in mind this is an average, so will happen about half the time,) get 875 5* shards - a solid cover and three quarters.
    What I'm getting at here is that it will become honestly feasible to get a 550 on shards alone. On average it will take 5,714 pulls to get a full 100 covers (so 450 to 550.) That sounds like a lot, sure, but it's less than I pulled since they implemented Shards and no one is going to need a full 100, so we can probably shave at least 700 to 1000 off of that.
    I don't want to be a prophet of doom here, but while this will definitely help my goal in getting all the 5* characters I play regularly over 510 or so, and that's great, it does mean that if any particular character is horrifying to play against at 550 Cough Cough Chasm Cough Cough we're going to see more of them over the next few months to years.

• Bowgentle
    Options

So did this get delayed?

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 603 Critical Contributor
    Options

@GrimSkald said:
    Out of curiosity I pulled up some of my numbers. It seems I've pulled around 6700 legendary pulls since shards went in back in late 2019 (I'm really surprised it has only been that long, but I went and found the announcement.) So based on the old percentage for bonus shards, that meant I would have, on average, pulled .67 of the full 5* covers. I'm quite sure it happened at least once (I don't track that anywhere I can find it easily,) it may have happened twice but there I'm less certain.
    With the new system that's, on average, 67 full 5* covers over the last two and a half years. Looking at the other odds - for every 100 pulls you will on average (and bear in mind this is an average, so will happen about half the time,) get 875 5* shards - a solid cover and three quarters.
    What I'm getting at here is that it will become honestly feasible to get a 550 on shards alone. On average it will take 5,714 pulls to get a full 100 covers (so 450 to 550.) That sounds like a lot, sure, but it's less than I pulled since they implemented Shards and no one is going to need a full 100, so we can probably shave at least 700 to 1000 off of that.
    I don't want to be a prophet of doom here, but while this will definitely help my goal in getting all the 5* characters I play regularly over 510 or so, and that's great, it does mean that if any particular character is horrifying to play against at 550 Cough Cough Chasm Cough Cough we're going to see more of them over the next few months to years.

Chasm, even a full immortal bros team, hasn't been an issue for me since Kang. I even search them out for the points. HE, Kang and a third, 4*DP usually ends it on turn 2. Maybe that's just my experience, but I've seen much more this team against that team, but this leave this other team out for defense.

• PhoenixMagik
    PhoenixMagik Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options

I see the chapter select update now - does this mean the new calculation for shards is also live? The update description didn’t mention that.

• ct451
    ct451 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options

I wish you'd just group the chapters together but leave them all accessible without extra tabs. Why hide some behind others?

• _TrashPanda
    _TrashPanda Posts: 80 Match Maker
    Options

I'm not a fan of how the top tabs go "Versus, Story, Campaign". It doesn't feel intuitive and like it matches the main page format. (How both Story and Versus are on the right side on the main screen with Story on top and Versus below. And even though Campaign is at bottom on the main page, it (1) still sits to the left compared to both Story & Versus and (2) once the events are completed, the campaign is completed so doesn't make sense why it would be on the right side (which is the dominant side for majority people) in the tabs. It would be better if it went "Campaign, Story, Versus". Having the tabs in the "Campaign, Story, Versus" order also makes more sense in that that's usually the order that new people start playing the separate platforms. Other than that I like the update overall.

• Banquetto
    Banquetto Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options

@PhoenixMagik said:
    I see the chapter select update now - does this mean the new calculation for shards is also live? The update description didn’t mention that.

Yeah would love some official confirmation. Mind you, the update description didn't mention the story event UI change either, and that's obviously live.

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Am I doing the math right, the chance to get 500 extra t* shards went from 0.01 to 1%, a 100x upgrade?

• Bowgentle
    Options

I'm not sure who exactly needed the info that in two days I need to beat the main node in Cosmic Chaos to unlock the third sub, when we're in sub 1, but I'm sure there's a reason for it.

I'll get used to the purple, but it doesn't look like an upgrade, more of a sidegrade.
    At least it's still usable, which is better than a lot of UI decisions over the years.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Now that it is in game and I see it.
    This UI needs more work.
    Everytime a new UI comes to the game it gets smaller and smaller and more difficult to see on phones.
    I like the tabbed portions of the ui on the side, but the central banner texts are tiny.
    There is tabbing (graphical folder style tabs, not real interactable tabs) on the bottom in PvE, but there is tabbing on the top and bottom in PvP.

PvP node issues.
    The main "Time Season" node has no over text on it, so you have to read the tiny text at the top.
    The main banners for each PvP event are different sizes?
    Active PvP shows your rank and your alliance rank. Completed PvP shows your player score and alliance score. Why?
    The main time season node shows Players and Time left. Active PvP shows just time left. Why?

I'm sure there is a lot more, but stop making everything so tiny.
    Drop the Players and Time left to the bottom on top of rank and alliance rank, and increase the font size.

It feels like a programmer designed this and not UI designer.