Upcoming in R278: Chapter Select Update and Bonus Shard Update

Comments

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,297 Chairperson of the Boards

Mod mode off

My view would be that the "bonus event" (I.e. the triggering of bonus shards) is reset, not that there are x lots of "bonus events" that all reset independently. That seems unnecessarily fiddly.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2023

@Kolence said:
    @KGB
    I agree. Still, no harm in asking, is there?
    Also, I'd like to see an actual number, even if not more precise than 10's. Under 30, under 40...?
    This is obviously a big improvement, I just like to know how it works. :)

Oh, me too, I'd love to see the code.

What I'd like to know is if the streak breaker in fact just pulls future results (ie the prerolled numbers) forward or is an independent entity that in fact makes unlucky players lucky.

Example: consider streak breaker that forces a 'win' at 100 rolls.
    Player 1: At exactly 100 rolls (100, 200, 300...) he gets a natural bonus so that over 1000 rolls he gets 10 bonus's (expected result)
    Player 2: At rolls 200, 400, 600, 800, 850, 875, 900, 925, 950 and 975 he gets natural bonus so that over 1000 rolls he gets 10 bonus's (expected result). But with a streak breaker at 100 rolls he also gets streak breaker bonus's at roll 100, 300, 500 and 700.

So does player 2 get 14 bonus's compared to player 1 because he was 'unlucky' for certain periods OR does the game simply pull forward the bonus at say 850, 875, 925, 950 (replacing with no bonus at those numbers) so that player 2 also gets 10 total?

I hope it's the latter method for fairness sake but I fear it's the former.

KGB

• gamecat235
    gamecat235 Posts: 107 Tile Toppler

This all seems like it’s enough to really help those of us who are riding the LL train. And the redesign for the UI is something that may take a moment to get used to, but I like the streamlined approach. Simple intuitive UI is never a bad thing, here’s hoping this is positively received when it’s rolled out!

• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor

Does the bonus shard thing make a distinction between using a token to pull from LL and using CP to do so or are they functionally the same thing?

I didn't see anything above on this.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker

@IceIX said:

@nbperp said:

@KGB said:

@Kolence said:
    Does the bonus shards chance still increase with each "miss"? And the increased chance reset to starting values for all tiers once the bonus occurs?
    How many consecutive pulls without a bonus can be reached? In latest legends store?

" Especially since we’ve also tweaked the formula to more quickly force Bonus Shards if you’re just unlucky and haven’t gotten one of these Bonus Shard sets. The overall effect of this is that you’ll be getting Bonus Shards anywhere from 3x-7x more often depending on the pack, and if your luck with proccing these is just THAT BAD, you’ll be getting them forced about twice as quickly. "

It was right in the description (the paragraph between the Heroic and Legendary tables).

KGB

This is not answered: "And the increased chance reset to starting values for all tiers once the bonus occurs?" So for example, if I get 50 shares for a 5*, does that reset the count for the 500 shards as well?

The functionality is unchanged, so yes, if you get any bonus in a pack, the counter for a forced reward is reset for that pack. Without giving away numbers I'm not really allowed to, the forced counter is roughly set to double the statistical chance of you having usually pulled a bonus. But the odds are also ratcheted up every time after a certain point, so the forced counter is more of a guide with a ceiling of 100% than a pure "you get a force at 48 pulls".

Ex with simple numbers:

• Pack has a 5% chance of bonus shards. That means that at 14 pulls, you're over 50% likely to have pulled a bonus. But you haven't.
    • We set a modifier to the next pull, making it more likely that pull 15 gets a bonus. Say 50% increase. So you now have a 7.5% (5 + .5*5)% chance.
    • If you pull a bonus, the forced counter resets to zero. If not, you get another 50% increase. So now you're at 11.25% (7.5 + .5*7.5).
    • Repeat till you get a bonus. Once it gets close enough to 100%, it just forces anyway.

The cut between where that increase starts and the amount of increase depends on the odds of a bonus pull, the expected value of that pull and what kind of pack you're pulling from (for example, a 10x pull is not the same as 10 1x pulls since the odds of some covers in that 10x pull are often different)

How are the 50 pulls treated? I guess since the check is done after each pull so we should see multiple bonus shards pop-ups?

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,167 Chairperson of the Boards

@Codex said:
    How are the 50 pulls treated? I guess since the check is done after each pull so we should see multiple bonus shards pop-ups?

Currently when you pull 50, you get a list of all the bonus shards at the top of the list. I use the open 50 feature all the time and many times I've seen multiple bonus shards show at the top of the list and then below that the shards acquired from the 50 pulls. So you can clearly see what came from bonus vs regular pulls.

KGB

• ImmortalZodd
    ImmortalZodd Posts: 18 Just Dropped In

As much as I appreciate the fix for the bonus shards (I still fondly remember the days of bonus covers and how frequently they procc'ed), I really wish there was some advanced notice of the change, or that it was implemented at the same time that Jeff entered Latest Legends.

• Scofie

@ImmortalZodd said:
    As much as I appreciate the fix for the bonus shards (I still fondly remember the days of bonus covers and how frequently they procc'ed), I really wish there was some advanced notice of the change, or that it was implemented at the same time that Jeff entered Latest Legends.

I remember bonus covers. I had one 5* in however many years they ran for. I think there is a little bit of notice on this one - it'll go live with the release next week. As for aligning with LL dates, if it wasn't ready then there's not much to be done. If rather it was released now than wait for the next rotation (just for all the other Token pulls).

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,210 Chairperson of the Boards

@Scofie said:

@ImmortalZodd said:

I remember bonus covers. I had one 5* in however many years they ran for. I think there is a little bit of notice on this one - it'll go live with the release next week. As for aligning with LL dates, if it wasn't ready then there's not much to be done. If rather it was released now than wait for the next rotation (just for all the other Token pulls).

Same. I remember a decent amount of bonus 3 stars, but 4's were few and far between and a 5 star happened once. Shards have been much better for me.

• BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler

Ok am I the only one wondering what that ”campaign” tab is ? 🤔

• Scofie

@BlixTheFrog said:

It's the prologue - was renamed a long time ago. Currently at the bottom of the UI.

• BlixTheFrog

@Scofie said:

@BlixTheFrog said:

It's the prologue - was renamed a long time ago. Currently at the bottom of the UI.

Aaaah thank you. That’s a lot of ”room” for something nobody who has finished it will ever click on again though, no ?

• BlixTheFrog

(Always nice to have more shards, btw, thanks!)

• Scofie

@BlixTheFrog said:

@Scofie said:

@BlixTheFrog said:

Aaaah thank you. That’s a lot of ”room” for something nobody who has finished it will ever click on again though, no ?

Mod mode off

Yeah. Although there could be new content to go in there (like "A Worldwide Web" got added) or perhaps new transition events like for 3 - 4* transition, unlocked by SCL to give you 13 Polaris covers... 😉

• dxanders
    dxanders Posts: 120 Tile Toppler

@Scofie said:

@BlixTheFrog said:

@Scofie said:

@BlixTheFrog said:

Mod mode off

Yeah. Although there could be new content to go in there (like "A Worldwide Web" got added) or perhaps new transition events like for 3 - 4* transition, unlocked by SCL to give you 13 Polaris covers... 😉

With the team trying to pivot more attention to affiliations, it might make sense to have evergreen content focused on highlighting the more prominent ones.

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 487 Mover and Shaker

@Scofie said:

@BlixTheFrog said:

@Scofie said:

@BlixTheFrog said:

Mod mode off

Or a pseudo-simulator/training room. Once completed all the nodes unlock and scales to your roster so you can test out new teams and beat up those poor goons till infinity.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2023

Are 5* and 4* bonus shards and their associated pity timers still lumped together, or does it now "know" how long it's been since you've gotten 5* bonus shards? Thank you for the update, btw. I could take or leave the UI change - i've never been super in love with the purple conversion, but i'm sure we'll get used to the new flow soon enough.

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,200 Chairperson of the Boards

Interesting changes. Let's see how they play out