The Guardians Have Taken Over

Options

Comments

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Probably said somewhere in this thread but why is Warlock required but he doesn't count as a gotg????

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2023
    Options

I really, really hope they reduce the grind when they do something like this again. Because this absolutely does require grinding and it's tedious and takes a LOT of time.

HOWEVER. However, other than that, I love it. I'm currently in tier 4. And constructing teams to do these and finding the best node to do them in is a lot of fun and has honestly given me a huge motivation boost. It's a sorely needed break from just "complete everything as fast as possible". If they get changed to be a little less grindy, I'd be very happy if something like this comes around again for other sets of characters.

As an aside, I was running lvl 255 3-cover 5* Starlord/ lvl 209 Deathlok/2* Mags to do the blue matches one with. (Strongest 2 colors being yellow/purple due to Starlord being boosted, which makes Deathlok generate 2 purple/turn for Mags to make blue matches with.) They accidentally got through 3 repeats of a SCL 10 goon node (lvl 300-500 enemies!) and I just think that's funny. I wasn't trying to win the node and the only champed character in that team is 2* Mags lol.

btw, someone told me that Blackbolt works to do the "firing skill" ones with for characters whose skill you're missing. My Warlock is only 0/0/1 and is missing purple, but with Blackbolt's yellow, I can fire it which is nice. Am 9/50 so far thanks to my trial run, but I'm going to wait until the purple matches quest comes back to do them. Made that mistake with 5* Gamora already, where I finished her and then realised there's going to be a quest for black matches. Duh, should have waited for that one.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 377 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Waddles_Pines said:
    Probably said somewhere in this thread but why is Warlock required but he doesn't count as a gotg????

He’s most likely required since he’s the only other 5* that’s in the movie, other than High Evo but they’re not gonna use him since he just came out, but since the movie just came out they probably didn’t have time or think to update his affiliation to GotG since he’s technically not a Guardian.

• p4t0ch3
    p4t0ch3 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options

I can't say I particularly enjoyed this event. But I was hoping at least that we could clean the vault. Why the hell are we limited to 4 tokens?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Because the rewards are way too good.
    Costumes aside, there's full 5* covers in there.
    Way too good for free tokens.

• p4t0ch3
    Options

Considering the time needed to gather them, I wouldn't consider these tokens as "free".

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2023
    Options

Bowgentle means that you don't need to spend resources like hp or cp on them.

But yeah, fully agreed, player time is also a resource and "free" stuff that you need to grind ages for isn't really free. The cost is just different. Those tokens require a full week of grinding to get, so a 5* cover in there or two make sense and is appropriate. Normally, event tokens you get through playing don't require anywhere near this much time or effort, so the vault being better than usual "free" vault is appropriate. And you're not even guaranteed to get the 5* covers in there, either.

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 441 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2023
    Options

I just noticed the vault will be around for more than 12 days, but the milestones event will end in about 5 days. And since we can't use hp to clear the vault I don't understand the purpose of having it around unless they're planning to give some last minute tokens.

• p4t0ch3
    Options

@AlexR said:
    Bowgentle means that you don't need to spend resources like hp or cp on them.

I undestand this point, but I think the usual 100hp spent on one token a day are way cheaper than the time I spent on each token.
    I still hope though, that they'll switch the vault on the last few days so that we can purchase token with hp, especially because inspite of all that grinding, I drop no 5*, making this event even worst for me.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

They won't do anything.
    There was a costume vault where we got exactly one token that stuck around for 3 weeks or so.

And yes, I get your point.
    Opportunity costs for getting those tokens can be high, depending on how you value your free time.

• Altair22
    Altair22 Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Options

Just finished Tier 4, no more tiers, how do you get the other tokens?

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,010 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2023
    Options

Is not too bad of a grind. I haven't gone crazy trying to do it, I didn't play the puzzle gauntlet repeatedly to do the tasks. I just used guardian characters in pve and so far I'm half way through tier 4 now. Should be able to complete in the 4 days left.

It probably helps that I don't play pve competitively so I don't have to worry about speed and precise timing.

• Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    Options

3 tokens used, mantis costume and 5* starlord and adam covers, very happy with that! and all the iso from tier 4 is helping hugely.

• Siv75
    Siv75 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options

Is there a bug on tier 3... destroy 50 enemy strike, attack or defense tiles? I keep destroying the enemy tiles and it doesnt add up. I'm using mantis to give away attack tiles started on by rocket and groot. Doesnt seem to add to the count when I match them.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,638 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Siv75 said:
    Is there a bug on tier 3... destroy 50 enemy strike, attack or defense tiles? I keep destroying the enemy tiles and it doesnt add up. I'm using mantis to give away attack tiles started on by rocket and groot. Doesnt seem to add to the count when I match them.

You have to destroy them not match them (technical difference). Drax and Star-Lord, black and green can do this for you.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 377 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Mighty Thor made it really easy to complete that quest for me

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,638 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Finally...here we are. 6 million damage. This feels good. No more eating 50 jam sandwiches, asking your neighbour to water your lawn 20 times or wearing things coloured blue. Now we are down to spiteful inflicting of damage. Ha ha, yes now this is where I am going to enjoy this and ha ha next Dev question time...well...I have some notes.

• Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Completing CL10 challenge node using 2* Ms Marvel to generate team ups... These quests really have impacted my play style.

I'm now contemplating booting active members of my alliance because no one is requesting team ups... I think I need some of Daz's medication