***** Magik (Phoenix Five) *****

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards

Maybe a S'ym Support might be coming after all then to repair some of the damage?

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,520 Chairperson of the Boards

Holy moly, we're all sitting here debating on whether she's anything to write home about and then they NERF the blonde out of her. Okay. Very interesting. Very interesting, indeed.

I don't even know what to say about her, anymore. Maybe there's some synergy we're all missing where she gets ridiculous, which is why the nerf happened. I don't know. But I will say this... Her store art is mighty pretty. I feel like the art department did a nice job.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,383 Chairperson of the Boards

Her permanent damage didn’t seem problematic to me. But I guess none of us took into account the Phoenix force team bonuses from Emma?

But who runs Emma? I have yet to even pull her out when she was boosted.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards

I kind if thought the consensus was focusing too much on her black and ignoring the potential if all her cheap permanent damage on red and, especially, purple.

But I definitely did not expect a 50% nerf pre release. Now I am definitely more curious to see her in action to see whatever it was they found in her playtesting.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 640 Critical Contributor

@dianetics said:
    Her permanent damage didn’t seem problematic to me. But I guess none of us took into account the Phoenix force team bonuses from Emma?

But who runs Emma? I have yet to even pull her out when she was boosted.

If you are interested Emma and Deathlok and 3 star arcade is absolute madness.

I'm not a fan of this nerfing either, I never was a major complainer about chasm but this does seem a bit much.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards

Well, that's pretty weird. So they care about power level on this character but not on literally any other character? Why bother now?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@Borstock said:
    Holy moly, we're all sitting here debating on whether she's anything to write home about and then they NERF the blonde out of her. Okay. Very interesting. Very interesting, indeed.

I don't even know what to say about her, anymore. Maybe there's some synergy we're all missing where she gets ridiculous, which is why the nerf happened. I don't know. But I will say this... Her store art is mighty pretty. I feel like the art department did a nice job.

Have a look at those thighs.
    NOBODY has thighs like that...

• dianetics

@ThisisClemFandango said:
    If you are interested Emma and Deathlok and 3 star arcade is absolute madness.

I'm not a fan of this nerfing either, I never was a major complainer about chasm but this does seem a bit much.

Her black was nasty and I mentioned it on the first page. If you paired her with a booster she would crush even challenge nodes fairly quickly.

In the end I don’t consider this a nerf, but a balance adjustment pre-release.

If the change came after she was released it would have been a nerf.

I just wonder if her permanent damage bonus was being counted as ability damage. If it was then it could have also been broken.

• StanleyBurrell
    StanleyBurrell Posts: 142 Tile Toppler

@illusionist_KA said:

@IceIX said:
    Changes:

• Updated text to be a little shorter overall.
    • Limbo On Earth's Demon Repeater damage reduced by about 50%.
    • Limbo On Earth now always creates 2 additional Demon Repeater tiles if possible instead of only doing this at level 5.
    • Limbo on Earth's multiplier reduced from 25% to 15%. These two changes bring her Demon ability much more into line. It started to get out of hand pretty quickly in practice due to its self replicating ability. Still ends up pretty powerful, but not dealing tens of thousands of damage a turn per Repeater.
    • Phoenix Claw's base damage decreased by ~50%. Since this is permanent damage and is also being affected by other Phoenix Five's affinity Passives, this pretty quickly got to the point where Magik could singlehandedly demolish enemy health bars with no recourse for extremely cheap.

wait, but it's ok for chasm to heal uncontrollably, take away ap, make every 5* character useless and never die to demolish an entire team. but we can't have something new to destroy Chasm with? please explain this logic? it just seems like the devs don't want PVP players to win, and continues my theory - that the developers really do hate pvp.

Gotta agree…Chasm is fine! What a joke man, let’s run some more broken events for her release?

• DAZ0273

@Bowgentle said:

@Borstock said:

Have a look at those thighs.
    NOBODY has thighs like that...

Could be worse...

• Bowgentle

Oh goodness.

• dianetics

Is that Tod McFarlane? He’s really good and drawing terrible proportions. I’m confused because I don’t see any pockets and I see feet.

• Bowgentle

Dat waistline.

• DAZ0273

@dianetics said:
    Is that Tod McFarlane? He’s really good and drawing terrible proportions. I’m confused because I don’t see any pockets and I see feet.

It is confusing, I agree. I can see how the green things attached to the legs could be seen as being something resembling "feet" which means it surely can't be by that other Image chap. I bet she rebounds like a champ.

• Bowgentle

I mean the thing attached to her shoulders are supposed to be arms, I guess?

• DAZ0273

Can't we just have a go with un-nerfed Magik in her PvP and see if she breaks things? Then you can nerf her after that and feel good about being right!

• DAZ0273

@Bowgentle said:
    I mean the thing attached to her shoulders are supposed to be arms, I guess?

I assume she was made in a Lab out of spare lady parts and there was a photocopier screw up on the plans.