Comments

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options

@GrimSkald said:

@rainkingucd said:

@GrimSkald said:

@Bowgentle said:
    Since it's a complete change I expect retro rewards from her for both Magik and Hela.
    That's what they did when they changed Shuri.

I definitely agree it'd be out of character, but I'd feel better if it was explicitly stated.

The image shows retro rewards for 5* Magik, but doesn't state for Hela. Killmonger was new to Shuri, so retro rewards were there. But, Hela is already fed, so this may be like the War Machine / Iron Man changes.

You're absolutely right - I missed that! Awesome.

I agree, I would assume that we won't get the shards for Hela. It's a pity, too, the secondary feeder is at a lower rate -- looking at Shuri she gives (if my math is right) 1130 shards, total, for Killmonger. That's 2 covers worth, as opposed to 6.

Not really complaining, Hela is a very meh 5 star, but they probably should give her a full feeder sooner or later. Hopefully they'll give us a 4 star that makes sense at some point.

Any Hela shards you would get from a retro reward would be less than you already got from normal progression to whatever level your 4* Magik is at. Therefore, it doesn't make sense to give those shards out.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I still think we're getting retro rewards for both 5s, but we'll see.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Options

@IceIX if it's not too late can you and team consider changing one thing here? Change to "Whenever a Demon tile is matched OR DESTROYED,two more Demons rush in to replace it"

This one little change makes her more useful and actually pretty good but not ridiculously overpowered. Otherwise she has a very exploitable flaw that nullifies her best feature.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think they did that deliberately so that you won't see a sea of mThor/Magik.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    I think they did that deliberately so that you won't see a sea of mThor/Magik.

Would that be a bad thing? It would be average on defense and definitely not as annoying chahulk.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,919 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It's really difficult to make a "this would be too good" argument in a game where Chasm/Thor/Kang/etc exist and are seemingly ok.

I don't even know what their power level target for characters is now, because they've been pretty consistently breaking the ceiling since they took over. The result of this is that decent, middle-tier characters like Wong and Magik look grossly underpowered, just because they're not completely insane.

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

Feels like a great partner for MThor and to go against MThor. Although repeaters might never go off. I do wonder if MThor/Kang becomes a strong Meta if she just disappoints. While adding extra Demons makes her scary of those repeaters never fire are they still good??

Edit. I just reread her demon power. It looks like that demon tile needs to be matched not destroyed. This would make MThor just a hard counter to those Demon tiles. Definitely pulling for Kang and HitMonkey

• entrailbucket
    Options

@wymtime said:
    Feels like a great partner for MThor and to go against MThor. Although repeaters might never go off. I do wonder if MThor/Kang becomes a strong Meta if she just disappoints. While adding extra Demons makes her scary of those repeaters never fire are they still good??

What are you seeing there as far as synergy or countering? I'd avoid using her with Thor...Thor will blow up Magik's repeaters immediately, and I'd much rather use Thor's red power than Magik's. The only thing Magik brings to the table in that team is a mediocre-but-cheap purple AOE, unless I'm missing something -- I'd much rather have quite a few other characters.

• IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options

I’m not seeing the synergy between MThor or Magik either, but maybe I’m missing something.

I wouldn’t describe Magik’s Phoenix Claws as mediocre though. At 450, the damage output is higher than a 550 KK’s AOE and just under Crystal. Maxed, boosted and paired with Emm5 and she should be doing approx. 124k permanent team damage for 6AP. I’ll take that!

• entrailbucket
    Options

I guess I don't have a great sense of where 5* AOE powers should be today, damage-wise. I tend to measure them against Thor still -- I think Magik is cheaper but lower-damage?

Any 6ap AOE with a power booster on board is probably going to be pretty good. I think (depending on which of Magik's stuff is eligible for boost) the Okoye/Apocalypse/Emma with Magik team might be quite good, except that most of Magik's powers are active. In general I'd take Hulk plus a booster over Magik plus a booster because Hulk is free and Magik isn't.

• 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options

The drain may make it take a minute, but Okoye or Emma/Colossus/Magik will probably wipe the floor with Immortal teams in Sim. Nothing to fight but Immortal after 1500 is solved.

• Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options

As an engineer, I can 100% say, that when your feeder tree gets more complex than any CAD file, you’re doing it wrong!

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Forget Hela. I'm more excited about them sweet Morbin shards

• DjinnBabba
    DjinnBabba Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2023
    Options

What does the red passive do exactly at 5 covers? +35% of match damage is permanent? Or 135% is permanent?

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

What if demon tiles destroyed only helped from one side? Like if you destroy your own tiles, no help. But if the enemy does, it helps. This makes her more powerful, but only in certain situations (like as a counter to Dr. Thor).

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Borstock said:
    What if demon tiles destroyed only helped from one side? Like if you destroy your own tiles, no help. But if the enemy does, it helps. This makes her more powerful, but only in certain situations (like as a counter to Dr. Thor).

I don't think that would help very much. Wouldn't Thor just immediately destroy the new tiles too?

If you wanted to counter Thor, you'd make it so the tiles did damage when they were destroyed by the enemy, like Daredevil's green tile does. (BTW Daredevil green is super fun against enemy Thor).

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Borstock said:

I don't think that would help very much. Wouldn't Thor just immediately destroy the new tiles too?

If you wanted to counter Thor, you'd make it so the tiles did damage when they were destroyed by the enemy, like Daredevil's green tile does. (BTW Daredevil green is super fun against enemy Thor).

If I worded myself wrong, I apologize. But that's what I meant.

If you pair her with your own Thor and destroy demon tiles, they're gone. Doesn't help you, because you did it to yourself.

But if you go against an enemy Thor, and she destroys the demon tiles, it's the same as if they got matched. It helps you.

• entrailbucket
    Options

Ah ok, so you'd have them do something besides replicating themselves when destroyed. Otherwise enemy Thor would destroy them, they'd replicate, then she'd just destroy the new ones too, before any of them ever did anything.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@dianetics said:
    Yeah, but they would also start to fill out the board faster than Thor could destroy them. It would be stupidly broken.

**edit: Nevermind, with the max tile counts it wouldn't be.

We're discussing a hypothetical, right? My read on the power as it exists is that they won't propagate if they're destroyed, only if they're a part of a match.

• entrailbucket
    Options

I think so? Right now, Thor counters this power completely -- it won't do anything against an enemy Thor or with a friendly one. Some people offered suggestions to fix that, but the power would need some pretty significant tweaking.