***** Kang (The Conqueror) *****

Options

Comments

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Sp1d3r said:
    He'll struggle in the pick 2 pvp battles I think because he won't have his blue feeders

Struggle in what way? There is nothing that indicates he'd struggle against any team.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Players can look forward to speedier play in SCL 10 for most pick-3 nodes, except for those with Carbage or Kitty and maybe Kraven.

If you're looking for speed challenge: these are the timings you (baby champed roster) can look forward to, as long as you've the right stuff:

1) Easy nodes (non-wave): 13-15 seconds
    2) Most pick-3 nodes: 30 seconds per node
    3) Pick-2 nodes: 45-60 seconds

Total time spent per segment:
    1) easy nodes (non-wave): 135 seconds or 2 minutes 15 seconds
    2) (Most) Pick-3 nodes (non-wave): 360 seconds or 6 minutes
    3) Pick-2 nodes (non-wave): 405 to 540 seconds or 6 minutes 45 seconds to 9 minutes

Total time spent for most non-wave pves:
    900 seconds/15 minutes to 17 minutes 15 seconds.

I'm going to test out whether 18 minutes is good to hit a T5 in pves (without bracket sniping) three months later.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

You're not doing Hard 1-3 plus CN in 6 minutes with a baby champed roster.
    No way.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

If you're looking for speed challenge: these are the timings you (baby champed roster) can look forward to, as long as you've the right stuff:

Oh oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh oh

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023
    Options

With Kang, you could do it, with the right stuff. Maybe add 5-10 seconds per node at the start to give some time for familarity.

I used Kang in DDQ wave node and it awarded me full points. I wonder if this applies to pves wave nodes.

And that gif... :D

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Shang Chi SheThor RiRi with a good board is doing it. RiRi will negate enemies turns and allow you to quickly build SC combos.

If you have a bad board restart. As long as you have optimized supports you should clear the CL10 challenge fairly quickly.

• tupacboy
    tupacboy Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options

@SourCream said:

@dianetics said:
    Why would iHulk revive? Chasm isn't in play.

I don't know, you tell me.
    Anyhow, tried in game and that's how it goes ... as intended ... ? No idea.

Oyi.... Does this make Kang DOA on solving hulkasm?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

If that isn't a bug, but intended behaviour - probably.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options

@fight4thedream said:
    Hmmm...not 100% certain, but it seems his Cosmic Tactician passive also includes countdown tiles resolving. If true, it adds significantly more consistency to running that team.

I don't know about PvP, but he certainly has potential for the PvE meta.

Maybe countdown tiles 'destroy' themselves as they resolve.

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    Options

@fight4thedream said:
    Hmmm...not 100% certain, but it seems his Cosmic Tactician passive also includes countdown tiles resolving. If true, it adds significantly more consistency to running that team.

I don't know about PvP, but he certainly has potential for the PvE meta.

I thought this.. it does say destroyed tiles but from that video there's blue ap I can't account for and I think it's from this

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,919 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I don't know about DOA -- the "can't drain AP" passive is something. But if sending Hulk or Chasm Away is actually detrimental, that hurts him a LOT.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@tupacboy said:

@SourCream said:

@dianetics said:

I'd say it isn't DoA, but it isn't quite as quick as you may think it may be. Kang does mitigate Chasm's AP drain (at least I hope so, I haven't confirmed it yet, but it should at the very least get you back the 3 AP you lost last turn if not the 3 Chasm drains this turn,) and you can play tactically with the sent "Away" to prevent either character's tinykittyery for a few turns. An "away" Chasm doesn't create void tiles, for example, and an "away" iHulk doesn't do his AoE. Also, I'm not sure, but downing Chasm while iHulk is "away" may work, since it's not a part of his resurrection condition - someone will have to check that.

You know what, the LRs are today, what the heck....

Incidentally, I just did the last node of "Puzzle Gauntlet," I was hunting for a character that creates enemy protect tiles (Venom doesn't work so great, since all the damage is prevented,) and saw my newly-minted 3/3/3 5* Kang and thought "What the heck!"

Sure enough, sent Sandman away, and the game ended. I suspect they'll add immunity to the "Away" condition to all bosses, though I'll also point out that since it just "wins" the game it might not count the damage you did against the round total - so that might be a limiting factor too.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@GrimSkald said:

@GrimSkald said:

@tupacboy said:

@SourCream said:

@dianetics said:

I'd say it isn't DoA, but it isn't quite as quick as you may think it may be. Kang does mitigate Chasm's AP drain (at least I hope so, I haven't confirmed it yet, but it should at the very least get you back the 3 AP you lost last turn if not the 3 Chasm drains this turn,) and you can play tactically with the sent "Away" to prevent either character's tinykittyery for a few turns. An "away" Chasm doesn't create void tiles, for example, and an "away" iHulk doesn't do his AoE. Also, I'm not sure, but downing Chasm while iHulk is "away" may work, since it's not a part of his resurrection condition - someone will have to check that.

Incidentally, I just did the last node of "Puzzle Gauntlet," I was hunting for a character that creates enemy protect tiles (Venom doesn't work so great, since all the damage is prevented,) and saw my newly-minted 3/3/3 5* Kang and thought "What the heck!"

Sure enough, sent Sandman away, and the game ended. I suspect they'll add immunity to the "Away" condition to all bosses, though I'll also point out that since it just "wins" the game it might not count the damage you did against the round total - so that might be a limiting factor too.

Ok, brought Kang and SW into a fight versus ChaHulk and lost (just barely, really, bad luck on Hulk's green and got hit with two of his red,) but it was informative. I learned two things:

• I'm fairly sure the AP recovery happens after Chasm's AP drain, so it's effective at negating Chasm's most obnoxious power.
    • Neither character's resurrection mechanic is interrupted by the other character being "Away." Both iHulk and Chasm resurrected themselves when I downed them when the other was "Away."

Which means you need 18 blue to auto-win instead of 9 which is a lot bigger ask. At least he stops the annoying AP drain which allows for another team mate who uses AP to be viable in a pick 2.

Thanks for confirming what I suspected and that is Kang will auto win the Puzzle Gauntlet nodes at least until they code in immunity to being sent away.

KGB

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@GrimSkald said:

@GrimSkald said:

@tupacboy said:

@SourCream said:

@dianetics said:

Ok, brought Kang and SW into a fight versus ChaHulk and lost (just barely, really, bad luck on Hulk's green and got hit with two of his red,) but it was informative. I learned two things:

• I'm fairly sure the AP recovery happens after Chasm's AP drain, so it's effective at negating Chasm's most obnoxious power.
    • Neither character's resurrection mechanic is interrupted by the other character being "Away." Both iHulk and Chasm resurrected themselves when I downed them when the other was "Away."

So this implementation makes him useless i PvP unless this is a bug.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

King’s purple passive adds +1 blue when a CD expires, not just destroyed. I ran HawkEyeball+Kang and every CD that expired granted 4 blue AP instead of just 3.

With Gargantos invisible, there’s 3 1-turn CDs out. You gain 12 blue instead of 9 on that turn. 24 blue after 2 turns.

27 blue AP might not be so infeasible after all.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@dianetics said:

@GrimSkald said:

@GrimSkald said:

@tupacboy said:

@SourCream said:

@dianetics said:

So this implementation makes him useless i PvP unless this is a bug.

Again, I wouldn't say "useless" here. He's probably a part of the fastest possible PvE team (I said it several pages ago, and now the PvE scientists are hard at work on it, I'm sure!)

In PvP, if you bring Kang with some heavy-hitter active power guy, beating the resurrectors gets a lot easier. Also, if PvP ever becomes something besides the All Hulk/Chasm Show, All the Time, Kang would be quite useful. I can't think of any way that could possibly happen though...

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@KGB said:

@GrimSkald said:

@GrimSkald said:

@tupacboy said:

@SourCream said:

@dianetics said:

Which means you need 18 blue to auto-win instead of 9 which is a lot bigger ask. At least he stops the annoying AP drain which allows for another team mate who uses AP to be viable in a pick 2.

Yes, though sending either immortal bro away is less effective in and of itself, it does keep them off the board. It does mean that you'll probably target Chasm to prevent him from spamming his tinykitty void tiles, unless iHulk is hammering you stupidly badly.

All in all its not the idea answer to HulkChasm, I think, but it does allow for other answers since it counters the real limiting factor to fighting that team - you have trouble using AP for your powers. HulkChasm will be the best team in a vacuum (or void - heheh,) but some boosted 5 stars are pretty effective against them, and Kang will make them more effective if you can afford to bring him.

Thanks for confirming what I suspected and that is Kang will auto win the Puzzle Gauntlet nodes at least until they code in immunity to being sent away.

KGB

Yeah, which is something they probably won't bother with on normal 1 v 1 nodes, but will with Bosses. Though to rephrase what I said earlier to make it more clear - since Kang's thing is an "auto win" rather than "doing damage" it will probably only count the damage you did to the boss before you sent him away to the round total, rather than the full HP total of the boss. If that's the case they may well leave it, since it kind of carries its own inherent drawback.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Options

Chasm and Hulk still reviving seems to directly contradict what @IceIX claimed regarding Away status.

"'Away' status is just that. The character in question isn't on the battlefield. When in this status, they cannot interact with the battle in any way, offensively or defensively. It's hard to deal damage when you're literally in Timbuktu."

This is unfortunate

• entrailbucket
    Options

The other problem is, The Team That Shall Not Be Named puts a ton of constant, unavoidable pressure on your team's life total, and Kang has no way to heal or prevent that damage. So you may have trouble keeping him alive until your other guy can put down both resurrectors. Maybe Kang should've had an always-on, infinite resurrection ability too!