***** Kang (The Conqueror) *****

Comments

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,909 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023

For PvE purposes, if you have a good support that gives you yellow AP at the beginning of match: 3* Iron Man, 5* Hawkeye, 5* Kang/3* Kang should be decent.

I recommend boosting:

2 red/yellow AP
    2 all AP boost
    2 blue/purple AP or Sentry World Rupture TU

Should give you options depending on board state and whether your support activates or not.

It's probably not the fastest team for people running meta 550s teams but may be a good option for challenge nodes with high health. You just need to make sure Kang and company can survive a few rounds of match damage and whatever else the opposing team can potentially throw at you.

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 186 Tile Toppler

@Sp1d3r said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@Sp1d3r said:

@Borstock said:
    Am I reading his blue right? If you get 27 blue AP, enough to fire it 3x in one turn, you win the match, don't you?

Yes that's how I read it.. BRB and polaris will accumulate that pretty quick

I believe Kang has to place the CD to send the Enemy away. By the time you get 27 Blue with BRB/Polaris there won't be any basic tiles to place the CD.

Ahhh I never thought of that

Although once the AI takes their turn they would free up 3 tiles for u to place your countdown tiles

• Sp1d3r

@fight4thedream said:
    For PvE purposes, if you have a good support that gives you yellow AP at the beginning of match: 3* Iron Man, 5* Hawkeye, 5* Kang/3* Kang should be decent.

I recommend boosting:

2 red/yellow AP
    2 all AP boost
    Sentry World Rupture TU

Should give you options depending on board state and whether your support activates or not.

It's probably not the fastest team for people running meta 550s teams but may be a good option for challenge nodes with high health. You just need to make sure Kang and company can survive a few rounds of match damage and whatever else the opposing team can potentially throw at you.

Avengers tower and korg supports give a chance of 5 yellow ap at the start of the battle

• SourCream
    SourCream Posts: 101 Tile Toppler

@fight4thedream said:

I recommend boosting:

2 red/yellow AP
    2 all AP boost
    Sentry World Rupture TU

Brilliant.

https://streamable.com/nkzc2d

Nerf Kang ?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@Sp1d3r said:

@fight4thedream said:

I recommend boosting:

2 red/yellow AP
    2 all AP boost
    Sentry World Rupture TU

Avengers tower and korg supports give a chance of 5 yellow ap at the start of the battle

Total - if both trigger.
    Better use something like SP//DR for 5 or Sanctum Sanctorum, also 5.

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor

Think I’m going to enjoy using him , blue power is excellent

• fight4thedream

@SourCream said:

@fight4thedream said:

I recommend boosting:

2 red/yellow AP
    2 all AP boost
    Sentry World Rupture TU

Brilliant.

Nerf Kang ?

I totally forgot to factor in the Blue AP in the All AP boost (^。^;) lol

• Sp1d3r
    edited February 2023

@fight4thedream said:

@SourCream said:

@fight4thedream said:

I recommend boosting:

2 red/yellow AP
    2 all AP boost
    Sentry World Rupture TU

Brilliant.

Nerf Kang ?

I totally forgot to factor in the Blue AP in the All AP boost (^。^;) lol

🤣🤣 wow...

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023

@fight4thedream said:

I recommend boosting:

2 red/yellow AP
    2 all AP boost
    2 blue/purple AP or Sentry World Rupture TU

Great ap engine, but I don't know that it will handle the hardest challenge nodes that can do 30k damage per turn at 650 (kraven, gritty, etc). This team has no defense and 3 pretty squishy characters.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,806 Chairperson of the Boards

So that's pretty funny...Kang is really good against everyone except the immortal characters! I guess we'll find out if that was their intention or it's just a bug.

• Bowgentle

@entrailbucket said:
    So that's pretty funny...Kang is really good against everyone except the immortal characters! I guess we'll find out if that was their intention or it's just a bug.

Has to be a bug.
    Lack of testing is a concern though, very first match should have been against Hulkasm.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards

If it is not a bug he is useless in pvp but he will be fun in PvE.
    I expect it’s a bug since the away status should essentially place the character on a different board and not be seen by any currently active character.

• Sp1d3r

@Bowgentle said:

@Sp1d3r said:

@fight4thedream said:

I recommend boosting:

2 red/yellow AP
    2 all AP boost
    Sentry World Rupture TU

Total - if both trigger.
    Better use something like SP//DR for 5 or Sanctum Sanctorum, also 5.

Thanks this would have been great but I've just checked and both of mine are at rank 1..

• Sp1d3r

Whys he no good against immortal characters? Do they revive if all 3 are sent away?

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

He isn't useless against chasm. He restores AP always, isn't it?
    HE only fortifies 3 cds at each turn beginning. So he can gain a lot of blue with sentry, always if the cds are lucky enough.
    Same with IM but he will give extra blue even if losing one cd.

• Bowgentle

@Sp1d3r said:
    Whys he no good against immortal characters? Do they revive if all 3 are sent away?

Ihulk revives while Chasm is away.
    Or Wong.

• Sp1d3r

He'll struggle in the pick 2 pvp battles I think because he won't have his blue feeders

• Sp1d3r

@Bowgentle said:

@Sp1d3r said:

Ihulk revives while Chasm is away.
    Or Wong.

Crazy.. I u send all 3 in 1 turn surly no-one should revive.. can SourCream nit share a video of this in practice?

• Bowgentle

He'll be fine, but he needs to be able to get rid of ihulk while Chasm is away, else his whole counter thing falls apart.

• fight4thedream
    edited February 2023

Hmmm...not 100% certain, but it seems his Cosmic Tactician passive also includes countdown tiles resolving. If true, it adds significantly more consistency to running that team.

I don't know about PvP, but he certainly has potential for the PvE meta.