• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Options

Borstock gets it

"Failure as a counter" couldn't be more wrong

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

PvP will still be a wall of Chasm/Hulk, so how is Kang not a failure?

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Tiger_Wong said:
    You have NO IDEA what a “failure as a counter” is.

Please educate me! I defer to your obvious expertise, tiger wong!

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2023
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    PvP will still be a wall of Chasm/Hulk, so how is Kang not a failure?

Because he allows me to easily cut through every team again, including Chasm/Hulk.

All that was needed to unbreak Chasm was something that negates the AP drain, and now we've got it. Problem solved

Why would I care about a "wall of chasm/hulks" if he's now just as easy to defeat as any other team?

• entrailbucket
    edited February 2023
    Options

Just getting your AP back doesn't make the fight as easy to win as any other team, you've still got to contend with the stun and endless resurrection nonsense. It makes it easier, but plenty of existing characters also make it easier and none of them saw any use.

If Kang actually made it easy to beat Chasm, then people would stop using Chasm, because they'd start losing a lot. We wouldn't have a wall of the same team because it'd be a liability to run that team. I don't think that's going to happen.

I guess we'll see. I've got Kang at 457 now (thanks Thing!) and I'll try him out a bit and see what happens.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

3+5 Kang Chained Offer is here. I think sales should be much higher compared to previous release chained offer. :D

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

3* Kang is already hilarious.
    Enemy Jane annoys you? Collect charged blue, give her a time out.

• trenchdigger
    trenchdigger Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options

OK, here is another bug(?) with away.

First enemy was downed, sent second enemy away, then used ihulk's red to down last remaining enemy. However, ihulk's red also damaged and killed ihulk so he resurrected, but in doing so damaged his team which downed my kang. So even though the only enemy was still away it didn't end the match.

I then had to take another turn which didn't damage the away enemy, but after which the away enemy returned and I then proceeded to down in the usual way.

Usually when you down the last enemy with ihulk's red, it doesn't damage ihulk, so this is another example where an away character is still able to interact with and influence the battle.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023
    Options

**Mod note. Split out the nerf Chasm rhetoric and deleted some childish sniping. Keep it classy people.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,406 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It sure would be nice if we could get some clarification on how this new status (away) is supposed to be working.
    I don't want to say much else about Kang until we really know how it is supposed to work and what the intended interaction are.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,638 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    3* Kang is already hilarious.
    Enemy Jane annoys you? Collect charged blue, give her a time out.

There will be many annoyed players looking in disbelief at their red retals and seeing 3* Kang smiling back. It will be hilarious until it happens to me. I get annoyed enough if Polaris is there...

• DAZ0273
    Options

What happens if Wong is away but Kang kills iHulk who is the only other character remaining but who then subsequently revives? Does Wong come back or does he stay away?

• Bowgentle
    Options

Wong comes back. And ihulk revives.
    There's a video about that somewhere.

• DAZ0273
    Options

So in that case Wong's order of operation must trigger before iHulk's does which makes me wonder why Kang's doesn't with the Away status.

• Bowgentle
    Options

Order of operations always were wonky, see wave nodes being broken since they introduced them in 2014.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,406 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

What happens if Kang sends Wong away then downs an opponent? Is it any different if Wong goes away himself?

• HoundofShadow
    edited February 2023
    Options

I tested Kang in SCL 10 today. I completed a full clear with 3 hard nodes and 1 CN in 9 minutes, and this includes multiple bad lucks which required me to retreat. Each retreat costed me 10-12 seconds and I retreated at least 6 times. My pves clear time has been reduced from 22 minutes to 18-19 minutes. There's a 2 second lag when you are casting his blue power. This timing doesn't include those one-hit node in the sub.

I'll continue monitoring this for the next 2-3 days. For now, I would say Kang looks like a success in reducing my clear time.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hmmm. Who are your Pick-3? IM40 and HE? Yellow boosts and supports?

• HoundofShadow
    Options

Yes. Yes. Yes. If I've two R5 yellow support, I believe it would shave the time taken for hard node/CN by 1-2 minutes. I can't wait for shards for Supports (hopefully).

• Bowgentle
    edited February 2023
    Options

Doesn't Kang... Oh, he's boosted.
    Yeah he'll survive JUST long enough on the CN at low covers.
    Oh and boosted Hawkeye.

Yeah take that team with a grain of salt, unboosted you probably need something beefier for tough CNs.