***** Kang (The Conqueror) *****

Options

Comments

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,430 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I just want to know how to evaluate Kang. If the first case is true he is very good, if the second case is true he is far less valuable.

Obviously, Chasm broke the game.

I just want to know if I should waste resources on Kang or not, and without a clear explanation of AWAY I really have no idea.

We know what AIRBORNE does and we know what INVISIBLE does...so I want to know what AWAY does.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,679 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

You won't be able to two turn them in PvP - no Supports and are either in PvE?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,981 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Ok I understand. Yeah -- it'd be nice to get an explanation of how Away is supposed to work with the Immortal guys, and whether it's doing what it's supposed to do against them. It works the way you expect against everyone else, though.

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Sekilicious said:
    Surprisingly, surviving 650 match damage with baby champed 5* characters isn’t exactly easy. I guess maybe you will see when that 3* is wiped out by 650 Dr. Strange. My broken Shang-Chi also has trouble surviving that one. I guess one starts to forget these details when they have their choice of boosted characters every list.

I've been using a 5* and two 4*s for the CN (minus one for the pick 2s) for a while now and generally don't need a health pack at all. On rare occasions I get a board that just doesn't give me anything to get going but I've learned to see that coming and just restart. Full matches usually last about 6 turns, but go quickly and does crazy damage as long as long as I make smart matches.

Okoye, Deathlok, Gorr: provided for anyone wondering what team I'm referencing. (Coincidentally, in the case of Strange, he doesn't really pose a threat, but I can totally see where 3* iron man would take a hard hit when using yellow)

Point is: surviving against 650s with baby champs is very doable. I'm not dismissing your experience, just giving mine.

In the specific case of facing a 650 strange with Kang, HE, 3*IM one might be better off swapping IM for Gargantos (even baby champed) for the very reason you mention (strange's yellow).

Final note: I'm not advocating bringing a 3* to a 5* fight, I'm just saying a team that works shouldn't be dismissed because it won't work against every other team.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023
    Options

I bring Shang-Chi, unchamped 3* Emma with 5y, and an unchamped Valkyrie with 4b to every challenge node. Winfinite on turn 2 unless awful board. Or if the AI gets a tinykitty cascade to kill off SC. So yeah, I agree, there are broken exploits to handle the challenge node, in your case especially with Dethklok providing yellow every turn.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options

Well that's fantastic news. Thank you

• entrailbucket
    Options

I assume this means they're cool with the turn 2 combo kill then?

Who's ready for their 10-minute PvE grind time to barely crack top 100?

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    I assume this means they're cool with the turn 2 combo kill then?

Who's ready for their 10-minute PvE grind time to barely crack top 100?

How is the news at all related to what you're saying here ?

• DjinnBabba
    DjinnBabba Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    edited February 2023
    Options

@killahKlown said:
    Any of you guys that monitor the reddits and discords, has their been any official word on if this is broke or is indeed working as intended?

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/88112/5-kang-realm-shift

There’s a thread for it now. So… progress

@dianetics

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 390 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Tbh I'd sacrifice some placement for half the time needed to do pve.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    Options

Do you think this is the Dev's answer to hoarding for 550s?

With Kang at low levels easily clearing CN nodes, everyone can jump on the latest legends train.

• entrailbucket
    Options

Can't everyone already clear the challenge node though? There's plenty of infinite teams at lower tiers that can do it...slowly. The only difference with Kang is that he can do it in a few turns.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Can't everyone already clear the challenge node though? There's plenty of infinite teams at lower tiers that can do it...slowly. The only difference with Kang is that he can do it in a few turns.

And since speed doesn't matter in this game at all, winning fast and winning slow are interchangeable! ;)

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Vhailorx said:

@entrailbucket said:

And since speed doesn't matter in this game at all, winning fast and winning slow are interchangeable! ;)

And since this is a single player game, what one player does has absolutely no effect on anyone else's experience! :open_mouth:

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

And the difference between T20 and T50 is

10 HP
    1000 ISO-8
    25 5* shards
    25 4* shards

For new 5* release.

And the latest update is that fixes to Chasm's passive + Away status will be implemented in the next release.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    And the difference between T20 and T50 is

10 HP
    1000 ISO-8
    25 5* shards
    25 4* shards

For new 5* release.

And the latest update is that fixes to Chasm's passive + Away status will be implemented in the next release.

You'd be surprised how many 5*s I have that only need 25 more shards!

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

You're not going to use them anyway, unless they form a core part of your team. I've a number of 5* fully covered but I don't have the iso-8 to champ them. And guess what? I've forgotten about their existences.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,430 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DjinnBabba said:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/88112/5-kang-realm-shift

There’s a thread for it now. So… progress

@dianetics

Perfect thanks, so I guess it is indeed a bug. This will make him useful in pick2(with Wanda I assume) and pick3 to knock out revivers.

I'll unload CP on his store then wait for Wong to rotate out in order to finish him off.