Autopilot

Comments

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,592 Chairperson of the Boards

They could just figure out a way to punish revives passively. Something that compounds quickly and after a few revives either massively reduce enemy damage, increase damage against the opponent, or converts a percentage of damage to permanent health damage. With the number increasing after each revive.

• acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards

Some of the same complaints always circle back around in the MPQ forum. Posters have complained about passives/autopilot years ago. The game survives just fine after each round of complaining subsides.

Here is one post from about 5 years ago! Should've just brought it back from the dead than creating a new post.
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/65157/need-characters-that-directly-counter-all-these-passives

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

Monkey and Riri are a good duo against chasm.
    It's needed to equip all AP boosts, yes.
    There will be damage, yes.
    But they can kill the zombies comfortably as they don't share the same colors and riri can delay chasm the tiny bit of time needed to finally collect AP and play the game at last.

• acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bad said:
    Monkey and Riri are a good duo against chasm.
    It's needed to equip all AP boosts, yes.
    There will be damage, yes.
    But they can kill the zombies comfortably as they don't share the same colors and riri can delay chasm the tiny bit of time needed to finally collect AP and play the game at last.

So all the doom & gloom you've been posting about is over?

• dianetics

No it isn’t over. If you have to use boosts it is not a hard counter, and that is what they are really looking for.
    For a pick 2 RiRi and monkey will be hung out to dry since they are easy pickings for any other high tier pair.

• Bad

@acescracked said:

So all the doom & gloom you've been posting about is over?

I'm still waiting for the character totally countering chasm. Preventing/compensating AP lost and immune to stun on the first turn.
    I'm not asking for something outside the human knowledge, I think.

• dianetics

You need a character that punishes stun, punishes ap reduction, and punishes damage from powers, oh and one that also heals.

There are other ways to attack meta characters than attacking all of their strengths. Identify the main ability that makes them powerful/annoying and overly punish that.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,638 Chairperson of the Boards

A hard counter would be a character that Chasm teams can't beat, the same way that Hulk teams can't beat Scarlet Witch.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@dianetics said:
    You need a character that punishes stun, punishes ap reduction, and punishes damage from powers, oh and one that also heals.

There are other ways to attack meta characters than attacking all of their strengths. Identify the main ability that makes them powerful/annoying and overly punish that.

Hard to do when his main complaint is the sheer existence of Chasm.

• dianetics

@Bowgentle
    Just remember…
    “I'm gonna love this villain. Outstanding passives! He stuns the enemy team at the start of the battle! ( If someone asked me a power for a 6* character I'd tell him something like that).
    And hurting own allies could be a nasty tactic if playing certain defensive characters...
    This will be the first character without an active power.
    Looks like he will play a nasty team with AB or gargantos.”

If you aren’t sure… check Chasm’s thread

• Bad
    edited January 2023

@Bowgentle said:

Hard to do when his main complaint is the sheer existence of Chasm.

On the chahulk team thread chasm's defenders were really happy because chasm neutralizes SC (it sounds of something to you?).
    So correct me if I wrong. SC deserves all the right to be neutralized along the 95% of the remain characters. But chasm not.
    Can you enlighten me about the reason behind this argument, please?
    Or you, @dianetics .

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,091 Chairperson of the Boards

Did SC need neutralizing then? I thought he was a delightful retal and/or tasty snack on a climb? I can't keep track these days. I long for the days when Odin was gonna be a defensive meta! ;)

• dianetics

Neither needs to be nerfed.
    I never said Shang chi should be nerfed or neutralized. He does not need to neutralized in PvP since he has no real value in pvp.
    Chasm is on the other side though. He has little PvE value and high PvP value.
    The characters that need hard counters are the characters that overperform in PvP not PvE.

Furthermore, you are attributing arguments to me which I have never placed or positioned.

I quoted you directly. If you will attribute ideas to me then at least suppose my position.

• Bowgentle

@DAZ0273 said:
    Did SC need neutralizing then? I thought he was a delightful retal and/or tasty snack on a climb? I can't keep track these days. I long for the days when Odin was gonna be a defensive meta! ;)

Nah but it's nice that you don't get Shang Cheesed to death with a 450 Cheesy Boy and 0/5/0 Valk anymore, regardless of what team you're running.

• entrailbucket

Wanting anyone to be nerfed is a betrayal of your fellow players. They all know he's too good, but you're not supposed to be competing against them -- we're all supposed to be cooperating against the evil developers. Hurting one player hurts us all!!!1!!!!1!

I made the first "nerf Gambit" thread here, a few weeks after his release, and I got death threats! Now, most players who lived through Gambit admit that he needed to be fixed.

Keep fighting the good fight. I'll get back to oneshotting Chasm with boosted Surfer or Wasp or whatever other old dumb guy they buff next.

• Bowgentle

@entrailbucket said:
    Wanting anyone to be nerfed is a betrayal of your fellow players. They all know he's too good, but you're not supposed to be competing against them -- we're all supposed to be cooperating against the evil developers. Hurting one player hurts us all!!!1!!!!1!

I made the first "nerf Gambit" thread here, a few weeks after his release, and I got death threats! Now, most players who lived through Gambit admit that he needed to be fixed.

Keep fighting the good fight. I'll get back to oneshotting Chasm with boosted Surfer or Wasp or whatever other old dumb guy they buff next.

Most of us were there in that thread with you.
    Mostly because it was so boring to play Gambit vs Gambit.

Now, Chasm... there are options against him, he's not showing up every week cause god boosts exist, and mirror matches require more skill than "wait for enemy Gamit to fire red, fire your own red twice, win".
    So I don't think Chasm is on a Gambit or Bishop level of "please nerf now".

Do I prefer the non-Chasm boost weeks? Sure.
    But he's not that big of a problem that we need to talk nerfs in every thread.

Also, you forgot to mention slaps in faces.

• entrailbucket

Eh, that's revisionist. I can dig up the link to that thread but it wasn't a terribly popular take at that time. Some people got particularly unhinged about it, but a lot of folks were just opposed to any nerf happening to any character.

Also...people keep bringing Chasm up because he's too good, and he's everywhere. I still very much doubt they'll do anything about him (at least, anytime within the next year or so) but I understand why he gets talked about so much.

• Bowgentle
    edited January 2023

I checked that thread now, just to make sure I remember right about being pro-nerf lol.
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/68924/please-nerf-5-gambit/p1

• entrailbucket
    edited January 2023

"French card dork" is still some of my very best work.

It's pretty funny how all of the pro-nerf and anti-nerf comments are exactly the same, no matter which character you're talking about. In Gambit's case it is now generally accepted that he was overpowered and oppressive, and the debate looks exactly like the Chasm debate.

• Bad

@dianetics said:

Nice. And if he drains all your AP how will you overpunish that? With which character you overpunish it? Is it designed yet?
    By the way, I talked too soon. Riri's stun is too short and even equipping all AP I can win if there are cascades and some luck.
    It's better with SW.