Autopilot

Comments

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,592 Chairperson of the Boards

Don’t derp out on me here. Let me quote myself from this thread.
    “They could just figure out a way to punish revives passively. Something that compounds quickly and after a few revives either massively reduce enemy damage, increase damage against the opponent, or converts a percentage of damage to permanent health damage. With the number increasing after each revive.”

His revive paired with ihulks revive is the major issue right now. So punish multiple revives with a passive ability.

Just get hit monkeys team up working properly and many of these issues will fall away quickly

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023

@dianetics said:
    “They could just figure out a way to punish revives passively. Something that compounds quickly and after a few revives either massively reduce enemy damage, increase damage against the opponent, or converts a percentage of damage to permanent health damage. With the number increasing after each revive.”

His revive paired with ihulks revive is the major issue right now. So punish multiple revives with a passive ability.

Just get hit monkeys team up working properly and many of these issues will fall away quickly

However I quoted what you just said. It wasn't me, at least I don't have access toyour account. Better to quote a comment that you posted today than a comment from 4 months, don't you think? ;)

Do you really believe the revive part is the major issue? Devs should think likewise after releasing 2 characters downing revivers forever.

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards

I finally had a really long annoying Chasm match in my MMR. Mostly because I was using the defensive spec (5/5/3) in a mirror match, definitely won't do that again. If you run him 5/3/5 for the extra damage matches run pretty fast even against multiple revivers. Especially when running him with Emma and Dr Thor in a boost week. Decidedly slower when running him with She/Hulk or iHulk.

There is always going to be a best team to run during a boost week, this week there are a few centered around Chasm all of whom are better against the third. They bring Dr. Thor, you bring Emma. They bring Emma you can go either Dr. Thor who plays much better in a user's hands than AI or She-Hulk. Against iHulk/She-Hulk you bring Dr. Thor for the yellow that can take both out in the same turn. Oscorp Spidey is great this week too, his red can quickly neutralize a defensive built Chasm by blowing up all his web tiles. The only odd duck that I haven't found a great use this week in PvP for is Kamala because she needs someone who helps with specials to shine.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,638 Chairperson of the Boards

@dianetics said:

Why not just have a guy that passively turns off revive mechanics? Take Hit-Monkey's weird conditional red ability, stick it on a passive, and call it a day.

My other best idea is a guy with a passive that converts all void tiles to basic tiles every turn.

Both of these characters would have to have other useful/powerful abilities though, they couldn't only have those passives or they'd be too weak.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

Let's wait for the dev to turn Chasm's Abyss tiles from character tiles to special tiles and you'll be able to pair him with KK. Throw in mThor/Emma for more random passive damage. I don't mind the dev categorising his Abyss tiles as special tiles now.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@HoundofShadow said:
    Let's wait for the dev to turn Chasm's Abyss tiles from character tiles to special tiles and you'll be able to pair him with KK. Throw in mThor/Emma for more random passive damage. I don't mind the dev categorising his Abyss tiles as special tiles now.

There's absolutely zero indication that they intend to do that.
    Web tiles aren't special tiles, either.

• HoundofShadow

You spoke too soon. They did it for Wong stealthily. Check SourCream's video in his thread. His red counts Abyss and Web tiles as special tiles.

I went to test matching Abyss tiles with Mantis and Morbius after that but it doesn't work.

So, it's either a bug or Wong's got special privilege.

• Bowgentle

Sigh.
    BCS is about as consistent as Demi was apparently.
    Hopefully this will not be a one-char-only thing.

• Bad

They are really high on selling wong. There is an offer for wong shards, I think it's the first time ever.
    However even with that change, wong will be included on the few ones who situationally can win chasm.
    However being his red on the strongest color makes it harder.

• Bowgentle

There have been chain offers for Emma, Arcade and Monkey, too.
    Maybe for someone else too, can't remember.

• HoundofShadow
    edited January 2023

It was for the 3* version. I don't remember them doing it for the 5* version.

• Bowgentle

@HoundofShadow said:
    It was for the 3* version. I don't remember them doing it for the 5* version.

There were shards and covers for the 5s in the other offers.
    You just didn't see it in the first tier.

• HoundofShadow
    edited January 2023

Thanks for the info.
    I guess they decided to test out new chain offer of new 5* release by bringing 5* shards to the first tier.

• Bowgentle

They're all over the place with their offers.
    That offer for Abom covers was a first, 9 covers for a 4 before release.

• HoundofShadow
    edited January 2023

They are probably trying out different offers. There was an offer for 4000 Wolverine Xforce shards, 48k iso-8, 4 cp for alliance, 1 winter vault tokent and 1 LT for ~$24 last month. Before BCS took over, 3 powers of 4* Iceman, 60k iso-8 and 1 CP for alliance was going for the same price in 2021 December.

Anyway, Riri/mThor was pretty effective against Chasm/iHulk. I used the typical +2 all ap, +2 red and + 2green to kick off my ap and to reduce the damage from Chasm's passive. I took down a 672 Chasm + ??? iHulk during their boost week. IHulk's aoe was quickly neutralised by Riri's red while they were stunned every 1 or 2 turns. However, if the board is lacking red matches, the match will take slightly longer.

In pick-3, I defeated the reviving trio using Hit Monkey and team in ~ 2 minutes, with the quickest being 1.5 minutes, without using any boost at all.

• dianetics

@HoundofShadow said:
    You spoke too soon. They did it for Wong stealthily. Check SourCream's video in his thread. His red counts Abyss and Web tiles as special tiles.

His red is great, but it’s going to be pretty tough to cast against Chasm. It could be situationally nice if you are able to knock enough abyss tiles out though.

I’m not super high on Wong, but I would love to be wrong about him. His kit doesn’t really help much since there are so many count downs chasm will propagate the board with abyss tiles and shrug it off I think.

• HoundofShadow
    edited January 2023

It all depends on who you team him up with and how risk averse you are. I'm still high on Electro/Wong as a pick-2 against Chasm/iHulk. Electro feeds yellow and buy you time to fire his purple. Then, you can true heal your team with Wong after you take care of Chasm. There's more to Wong than just his red. His non-red moves are thematic and strategic. If you want to impose a time limit, then he won't be fast in pick-2.

1/2 Thor could work as a pick-2 depending on how often iHulk's AoE gets triggered and how fast you can fire Wong's yellow heal repeatedly. You probably want to flood the board with protect or strike tiles in the beginning and then finish them off with Thor's AoE.

Deathlok is also good as a pick-2 with him if you're going for wins. He helps to keep Chasm stuck into a loop of destroying only red aps every turn by giving you +1 red and +1 yellow every turn, so you can match yellow or purple tiles to fire his powers. Deathlok's passive ap gains will trigger before Chasm's destruction of your front character's strongest ap, which is likely to be Wong. He also helps to reduce AoE by 25% and targeted power damage by 40.

• IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 174 Tile Toppler

Hey Hound, for Electro and Wong, I like that pairing in theory, but how are you envisioning those two ending Chasm? I’m not seeing the finishing move that would reliably end Chasm/iHulk matches. Thanks!

• Bad

Probably just down Ihulk 3 or 4 times.
    If Ihulk isn't champed then it would be pretty impossible.

• dianetics

I think he is a great pick 3 for steelwitch.
    For extra healing he is worse than Crystaland Abigail.
    He looks to be a good dps for longer matches, and I think he could be one of the best thirds. I would put him next to Crystal as a pick 3 partner.