Autopilot

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,091 Chairperson of the Boards

I really like Electro, enough so that I champed her but in practice I struggle to find good teams. Without a villain to supplant her powers she seems like she would be reduced to a battery in that team and I also am not sure how you finish Chasm off with her? Mind you mine is only 450.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,592 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:
    I really like Electro, enough so that I champed her but in practice I struggle to find good teams. Without a villain to supplant her powers she seems like she would be reduced to a battery in that team and I also am not sure how you finish Chasm off with her? Mind you mine is only 450.

You don’t finish Chasm with her you do it with her partner that uses yellow. So shethor or other yellow users

• DAZ0273

@dianetics said:

@DAZ0273 said:

You don’t finish Chasm with her you do it with her partner that uses yellow. So shethor or other yellow users

Wong is her partner in this scenario, no?

• dianetics
    edited January 2023

I don’t see Wong and electro working. Not in pick 2. Electro is so situational she is not really a primary pick, and she is only a secondary pick if iHulk or other common aoe heroes are around.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023

There are a few ways to do it and involves him coming back from Away. For Wong's purple, choose Rescue. He will deal 13309 x 2 + bonus 9796 damage. Add in his 30% boost and it deals 17302 damage per hit. You can either use Electro's yellow ap gain to buy time to get your purple or fire his yellow to create strike tiles. It depends on whether you are getting more than 12 yellow aps. Rescue's attack is two separate hits, which means if you down either iHulk or Chasm, the second hit will hit the second opponent, which would allow you to down both of them together.

If iHulk is not with Chasm, then you can walk over Chasm with eyes closed.

• dianetics

His boost doesn’t work on his purple.

You are right about Chasm without inulk though

• HoundofShadow
    edited January 2023

In that case, you can buff his power with his strong strike tiles. Each set of strikes boosts your attack by 8760. Get 2 sets out and your attack will be dealing 30,829 each. When that happens, you get another 9796 additional damage due to having at least 2 SAP tiles on the board.

• DAZ0273

So you need to keep Electro alive before (for the yellow AP) and then during the two (or three) rounds he is away and hope that his random yellow power is strike tiles at the beginning or that you have enough yellow AP to fire the strikes tiles power and get them on the board before Wong returns from being away? Or something like that?

• dianetics

At start of battle his yellow is random. So if you want strikes for sure you have to fire it, and then they come along on either turn 3 or 5. If the countdown doesn’t get destroyed.

It is very common for heroes in the 5* tier to get their countdowns shutdown quickly.

I like some of his powers but from what I read I don’t think he is really going to shine. As long as heroes like shethor are around he is going to get bullied in pick 2

• HoundofShadow

Wong will be tanking most of the damage in the beginning and Electro will only tank for 2 turns. Whether you want to use Electro's passive gain as a tool to buy time to get purple ap or to fire his yellow's depend on how things turn out for that particular match. Electro gains 5 yellow ap passively for every AoE dealt to her team.

Anyway, if there are two strike tiles on the board, there will be three separate hits instead of two and they dip on strike tiles.

• dianetics

Electro is only coming out for iHulk…
    Any other purpose and she is useless. So if we are talking Chasm ihulk take Wanda and a hit monkey team up.
    Wong is literally a third for any team you face shethor is not on. I hope I am wrong, and I hope he is very strong. But, from what I see of his kit he is a strong pick for shield sim, but not a pick 2 hero.

• HoundofShadow
    edited January 2023

The talk of the town is still Chasm/iHulk. If we are talking about non-iHulk/Chasm then 1/2 is awesome with him. He feeds red and yellow. You do not need to wait 2 or 3 turns to activate the spell. As long as you fire his yellow again while the cd is on the board, it activates immediately.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

You seriously want to run Thor in PVP? Yeah good luck with that.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023

Wong seems fun and defensively good.
    But he is under chasm's shadow on pvp.
    His yellow won't be of any use as the chahulk team isn't affected by damage, or by protects, also he will be stunned and unable to use the free random yellow and the protection and reflect.
    His red will be drained.
    And to time correctly with his purple in order to down chasm and Ihulk... If instants powers are hard to time up, imagine a power that will be effective in 2 turns. Truly betting on a roulette.
    However in a defensive team he will shine, specially with SW who will be buffed, also Wong's yellow will reduce the first hit which SW can't.
    On PvE he can be fun but not specially fast although he can hit hard.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 270 Mover and Shaker

It would be interesting if Wong started the battle "away", to bypass chasm's stun at the start of battle.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,638 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023

That's kind of the problem with a one-best-team metagame, ain't it? You can have lots of otherwise good/fun/usable characters who are unplayable because they don't match up against the one best team.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

To be fair, Wong with his CD tile doesn't match up against Jane, either.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,638 Chairperson of the Boards

Like how we all totally missed on Yellowjacket -- his "permanently go invisible" thing was useless in the Okoye/Hulk meta, where you ate 100,000 aoe per turn, and going invisible did nothing.

• HoundofShadow

If you're going for wins, it's fine. You want to invite players to attack you anyway. Wong's beefy strike tiles will help you to speed up matches, and 1/2 Thor can tap onto those strike tiles. If there are cascades, it would be even faster.

• MrDupaTM
    MrDupaTM Posts: 67 Match Maker
    edited January 2023

I really love how you all try to come up with all these grandiose plans how to sop Chasm and then adding “well, that is when he doesn’t come with iHulk”, “you’d need some luck with rng” or “Wong’s yellow won’t work due to unpredictability of matches against Chasm+iHulk”.

Meanwhile, PVP is now a Skip Chasm Simulator.

Maybe it is time to simply start spamming all posts with “@IceIX Chasm nerf when?”.