The ChaHulk meta

Options

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

God boost Shang permanently. Didn’t see a single chasm to 25 wins/1000 points ;)

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Tony_Foot said:
    God boost Shang permanently. Didn’t see a single chasm to 25 wins/1000 points ;)

Not sure what SCL you play in PVP but I saw plenty of Chasm around win 12 or so in CoverSquirrel in SCL10. Now, definitely not as much as normal but I certainly saw Chasm.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@LavaManLee said:

@Tony_Foot said:

Not sure what SCL you play in PVP but I saw plenty of Chasm around win 12 or so in CoverSquirrel in SCL10. Now, definitely not as much as normal but I certainly saw Chasm.

SCL has nothing to do with the teams you see.
    That is purely based on your highest characters.

And yes, zero Chasms in dual 5* MMR

• LavaManLee
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@LavaManLee said:

@Tony_Foot said:

SCL has nothing to do with the teams you see.
    That is purely based on your highest characters.

And yes, zero Chasms in dual 5* MMR

Apologies as I seem to never remember that about PPV. However, I am also using dual 5* (SC/Carnage) and see Chasm in at least every third team once I hit my 12th win.

• Bowgentle
    edited December 2022
    Options

Interesting. I'm not seeing them at all.
    Tons of Jane Shang, though.

Edit:
    OK, i see a couple now, but usually it's 95% Hulkasm, this is like two guys out of 20.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

CL10 slice 1, didn’t see a single chasm at all. Pretty much all MThor and Shang.

• LavaManLee
    Options

Weird. I'm definitely still seeing them. Again, not as much as normal but it's not like they aren't there. I skip them still just because they take longer to defeat.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022
    Options

This makes it the fourth (at least) boost week Chasm got scared since start of October. Chasm with much fewer appearances are bold, based on what I remember. However, high mmr might be different, especially 550.

1. 9/29 - 10/6 
    5-Star: Apocalypse, Electro, Killmonger, Magneto

1. 10/6 - 10/13 (??)
      5-Star: Doctor Strange, Elektra, Gamora, Storm

2. 10/13 - 10/20 (Chasm)
      5-Star: Deadpool, Jean Grey, Kingpin, Wolverine (OML)

3. 10/20 - 10/27 (??)
      5-Star: Daredevil, Iceman, Loki, Professor X

4. 10/27 - 11/3 (??)
      5-Star: Odin, Onslaught, Star-Lord, Wolverine (Daken)

6. 11/3 - 11/10 
    5-Star: Black Panther, Colossus, Kamala Khan, Thor (Mighty)

1. 11/10 - 11/17 (Chasm)
      5-Star: Black Panther, Captain America (First Avenger), Ronan, Sersi

2. 11/17 - 11/24 (Chasm)
      5-Star: Chasm, Crystal, Gambit, Heimdall

3. 11/24 - 12/1 (Chasm)
      5-Star: Cable, Hela, Jessica Jones, Yellowjacket

10. 12/1 - 12/8 
    5-Star: Adam Warlock, Cyclops, Knull, Thor (Gladiator)

11. 12/8 - 12/15 
    5-Star: Carnage, Hawkeye, Shang Chi, Spider-Man (Peter Parker)

Out of 10 boost weeks, not including his:
    Much fewer Chasm: 4
    Unsure (??): 3
    At least 50% Chasm: 3

We have 76 5* and another 9 boost weeks to go. I didn't include the boost week in September because Chasm/iHulk wasn't dominant based on what I remember. Again, high mmr might be different because a lot broke for KK/Thor/Chasm batch, which was in late August.

• LavaManLee
    Options

@LavaManLee said:
    Weird. I'm definitely still seeing them. Again, not as much as normal but it's not like they aren't there. I skip them still just because they take longer to defeat.

OK. Now I am not seeing any Chasm. Almost wall to wall SC/MT with a smattering of SC/Carnage.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm not seeing many chasm too, of course SC is a monster boosted who can win anyone.
    However on my MMR first slice, 1 day 7 hours left, I'm with 466 points and I'm t66.
    Where is the people playing? I can win a few battles more for just 50 points and wait for retails...
    But that never happened with SC boosted. Once you let the balance loose, it won't fix easily.

• HoundofShadow
    Options

I'm not sure why you are fixated with your Tx placement, y points at z1 day z2 hour z3 minutes left and then use it as a benchmark to gauge players' engagements. If all 5 pvp slices are combined into one, I think you could use that as a guide if you've 3 to 6 months worth of data.

How do you even define "balance" when the meaning of counter is subjective?

Anyway the new character obviously counter Chasm/iHulk, and hopefully, this marks the end of Chasm/iHulk nerf thread.

• Bad
    Options

Because is my detailed game experience, perhaps?
    As you can see they released a hard counter because they acknowledge the big damage that the chahulk meta has done to pvp as they know all the data.
    Not like me or you, however I can figure it out based on my experience in play.

• Bowgentle
    edited December 2022
    Options

@Bad said:
    Because is my detailed game experience, perhaps?
    As you can see they released a hard counter because they acknowledge the big damage that the chahulk meta has done to pvp as they know all the data.
    Not like me or you, however I can figure it out based on my experience in play.

But you didn't figure out anything, you don't even have pre-chasm data points to compare your anecdotal experience to.
    Who knows where the t50 cutoff was before Chasm.

• Bad
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

But you didn't figure out anything, you don't even have pre-chasm data points to compare your anecdotal experience to.
    Who knows where the t50 cutoff was before Chasm.

Oh, I said that before, only it's needed to read.
    Before chasm the cut off was 1350 points to the most.

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options

I can chime in about t100 alliance scores cut offs. Those have dropped noticeably lately. Can't say definitively that Chasm iHulk are the cause, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were. Of course, there might be huge differences from event to event and week to week, depending on the boosted characters. Overall, there still is a drop, though.

Also, from little chat I've seen in our 2 teams (t100 and t50), people are grumbling about Chasm.

I get a feeling some of the higher placing (and scoring) people on LINE may be in their own little bubble when it comes to mmr, top 10, highest scores and so on... :)

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Out of curiosity, when did the 50 win requirements for PvP progression start? When I was in the Polaris meta I did 75.

• HoundofShadow
    edited December 2022
    Options

Not long after BCS took over: somewhere in late June to July.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/86951/versus-wins-rewards-change#latest

When win based pvp was introduced, player engagement dropped as well.

• Bowgentle
    Options

@Kolence said:
    I can chime in about t100 alliance scores cut offs. Those have dropped noticeably lately. Can't say definitively that Chasm iHulk are the cause, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were. Of course, there might be huge differences from event to event and week to week, depending on the boosted characters. Overall, there still is a drop, though.

Also, from little chat I've seen in our 2 teams (t100 and t50), people are grumbling about Chasm.

I get a feeling some of the higher placing (and scoring) people on LINE may be in their own little bubble when it comes to mmr, top 10, highest scores and so on... :)

You're probably right about that bubble, yeah.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,509 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@LavaManLee said:

Yeah, I definitely saw them too. I was generally running Carnage/Shang, but for those teams I ran SW/Shang for the ability to generate purple. It was harder than other teams, but for 50+ points it was worth it.

Doesn't challenge my general point.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Spider-Man/Shang-Chi both boosted makes for a very easy counter to unboosted chasm-hulk. SMPP really needs a rebalance to be viable unboosted though.