***** Chasm (Ben Reilly) *****

Options

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is definitely Thane. 
    -Villain with 3 affiliations, one of which is likely Inhuman.
    -'Genetic Memory', being associated to him as the son of Thanos.
    -The colors are exactly the same as 3/5* Thanos, Black, Purple, Green.
    -A kit built around damaging and healing.
    -Resurrection is among his powers, which explains the revive.

Venom affiliation could be villain, sinister six, symbiote.
    Venom 1* and 4* have all these colors.
    Genetic memory, symbiote.
    I don't know about resurrection but one version of him on one plot could have it, why not.
    But most importantly, the 60th spiderman anniversary.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Side note: not getting the 5* covers during the last couple alliance events really stinks, but that's on me for being a solo alliance player.  
    You could consider being a merc for alliance events. Jumping in and helping out for those that might need someone. 
  • Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If this is a Spider Man character, then my only guesses would be Kaine, Ben, or Morlun. Any of them could realistically work. Specially Ben since in more modern ones he is the new Jackal. 

But I feel like it's Thane still. I want it to be for Spider-Man or a Spider-Man character but the fact they don't use web tiles makes me very unsure it is. And Venom makes sense for the hint but this kit doesn't really match him at all. Granted, all the Venom Variants play completely different to one another. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for testing that for us!

Fun character!
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jackal?  Please no clone wars 🤣
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    2 covers from Boss events + 3 covers from pve progression = 5 covers from progression

8*3*7= 168 pulls. If you want to be conservative, add in another 20% to make it 200 pulls.
    But you can’t guarantee equal distribution. I pulled 13 Moon Knight but only 5 Gigantor. What’s worse is pulling 6 or 7 of the same cover color , fortunately I haven’t yet but it also adds to number of pulls . 
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bad said:
    This is definitely Thane. 
    -Villain with 3 affiliations, one of which is likely Inhuman.
    -'Genetic Memory', being associated to him as the son of Thanos.
    -The colors are exactly the same as 3/5* Thanos, Black, Purple, Green.
    -A kit built around damaging and healing.
    -Resurrection is among his powers, which explains the revive.

Venom affiliation could be villain, sinister six, symbiote.
    Venom 1* and 4* have all these colors.
    Genetic memory, symbiote.
    I don't know about resurrection but one version of him on one plot could have it, why not.
    But most importantly, the 60th spiderman anniversary.

There are versions where the symbiote has bonded with dead bodies. And plenty of stories where the host has taken obviously fatal wounds (getting cut in half, head sliced in half) and recovered through the symbiote. And the symbiotes themselves can regenerate from next to nothing. I think that gets a pass on revive/resurrection.

As you said Genetic memory is something often said of Venom. It is a power skill on another game and listed as a power on his Marvel wiki page.

The special tiles could be something like Webb and Symbiote tiles or something along those lines. With the symbiote tiles giving him health kinda like they are pulling themselves back together or regenerating? IDK just spitballing
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This character is very confusing..... but looks decent

Hopefully after they announce who it is the abilities will make more sense.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    Options
    If you are in top alliance, you'll get 1/1/0 build of Gargantos and 5JF, else you'll get 1/0/0 build (+75 shards for 5JF). There's a possibility you get 0 cover. 

You get 1000 shards from progression, and depending on your placements, you'll get an extra of 125 to 750 5* shards. They are there to lessen the impact of bad build. 
    With only 8-9 covers needed to pull for each character, 300 pulls are history for scl 10 players. It's more like 200-250 pulls depending on how risk averse you are. For me, an extra 50 pulls as a backup has worked well so far. 

Hopefully, the dev can work on airborne battle or trap tile meta next.
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah the last several times I've done a pull it has only taken 200-250 pulls and that was with getting 2 covers from scl10 progression before they started doing these events.
  • Bad
    Options
    I've already tested that with 250 pulls almost all 3 characters are near champed. Always.
    And that is before earning 2 covers on boss event.
    You can believe my theory or not, but results are what they are.
  • trenchdigger
    trenchdigger Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options
    And I pulled 210 times for Col, SW and Knull and got just 6 Col, 4 SW and 2 Knull, giving me just 1 in 17.5 pulls average, so there are no guarantees with rng.
  • Bad
    edited July 2022
    Options
    And I pulled 210 times for Col, SW and Knull and got just 6 Col, 4 SW and 2 Knull, giving me just 1 in 17.5 pulls average, so there are no guarantees with rng.
    And I pulled 5 times 250 pulls almost champing the 3, and another one with 190 pulls champing 2, and another forumer pulled 3 times with 250 pulls almost champing the 3.
    I asked people to share their results, although always getting in exchange people with wrong beliefs and no proofs arguing the opposite. That never fails lol.
  • NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Fingers crossed for Toxin:

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Toxin_(Symbiote)_(Earth-616)

He's got the genetic memory clue in his profile and he's the coolest Symbiote not yet in the game.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IceIX said:
    So Moon Knight does damage whenever a stun is attempted. So my assumption is that Moon Knight would do damage at the beginning of the battle as well. Would that damage go to this character or is it determined by character placement?
    Just tested: Spoiler/Immortal Hulk/Jean (Jean in front) vs Moon Knight/Rocket/Bill
    Moon Knight beaned poor Jean in the head before the gems even dropped. Rocket and Bill started stunned, no tile placement.
    No tile placement?  Crazy.

What happens if the new character is on both teams?
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IceIX said:
    So Moon Knight does damage whenever a stun is attempted. So my assumption is that Moon Knight would do damage at the beginning of the battle as well. Would that damage go to this character or is it determined by character placement?
    Just tested: Spoiler/Immortal Hulk/Jean (Jean in front) vs Moon Knight/Rocket/Bill
    Moon Knight beaned poor Jean in the head before the gems even dropped. Rocket and Bill started stunned, no tile placement.

Or teams with Moon Knight / Surfer / Stomper? Granted this team would probably lose just to avoid a turn one stun .
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX said:

He mentioned in a prior post above. Both teams are stunned for 1 turn.  Characters immune to stun like Moon Knight are not stunned and he does his retal damage.

Also mentioned in an earlier post is that this stun happens pre-pre battle so that it can stun enemies before their pre-battle powers go off (tile placement for BRB/Grocket etc). Up next is a pre-pre-pre battle power to counter this stun :D

KGB
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So do their prebattle powers not go off at all? Or do they go off when they come unstunned?

What about Mindless One's tiles? 
  • Carnifex
    Carnifex Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So do their prebattle powers not go off at all? Or do they go off when they come unstunned?

What about Mindless One's tiles? 
    Their powers won't go off. It would no longer be the start of battle, which is a power requirement. So this character should neuter Mindless Ones tiles.