Comments

• TrixieTime
    TrixieTime Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Looks like a cool kit
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Venom stunning the enemy team is a great support for slow characters who need a bit of help for to start their engines.
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 432 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bad said:
    Venom stunning the enemy team is a great support for slow characters who need a bit of help for to start their engines.

Does bring 5* BP back into play though, which could be interesting.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bad said:

Sort of.  The problem is once he comes back from stun and hits, he's kind of a one trick point.  Not much use the rest of the match, IMHO.  Unless he's your only boosted 5*, much better 5* to bring in to the fray. 
  • AnkhWarrior
    AnkhWarrior Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This is definitely Thane. 
    -Villain with 3 affiliations, one of which is likely Inhuman.
    -'Genetic Memory', being associated to him as the son of Thanos.
    -The colors are exactly the same as 3/5* Thanos, Black, Purple, Green.
    -A kit built around damaging and healing.
    -Resurrection is among his powers, which explains the revive.

A pretty befitting character to have what seems to be a very powerful kit. I love the idea of all of this going to a character that could use a solid reputation boost. 
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The second type of special could end up pretty important here. Locked tiles or trap tiles would probably be low impact but charged or fortified would not.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bad said:

Sort of.  The problem is once he comes back from stun and hits, he's kind of a one trick point.  Not much use the rest of the match, IMHO.  Unless he's your only boosted 5*, much better 5* to bring in to the fray. 
    BP's black is underrated. Won't save him without a health and match damage pass,  but he isn't entirely worthless.

• Vhailorx
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I am glad to see an all passive 5*  and also[edit: happy] to see BCS continue to push the envelope on power complexity and minimum in-game font size. I will soon need a 27 inch display (on my phone)  just to learn what these powers do.  (Note this is not a criticism. I love the complexity).
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    at first, I thought this could be that unicorn, Omega Red, but then I saw the self revive.
  • Vhailorx
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Tony_Foot said:
    Looks great, but I will still pull for Garg and then this one with the next two. I don’t think Garg is a skip.
    Garg is great, no doubt. Only have enough to break 1 full hoard. Just waffling over Garg/???? They’re both quite fun

Garg is more or less skippable in the current meta.  He's a perfectly good 5*, and HEyeball is super fun and very effective once it gets going. The problem is that garg is a bit slow on his own, and his best partner is extremely squishy. So while he is strong and fun, not having him won't really slow down anyone who does have the mainstay 5*s metas.
    I suspect that ????? will make a bigger impression on the game than garg; there are better analogues for a strong damage dealer (garg) than there are for an all-passive 5* who stuns defeats all "at start of match" passives, suppresses a decent amount of ap, true heals, and revives.
    That said, I would hate to skip garg because his going to be sitting in the wings for the next year or two just waiting exploit partner that can accelerate blue abilities.
    The two-covers from boss events thing seems pretty well established now, and that should lower the hoard-size necessary to fully cover a set of 5*s. might be worthwhile to go for garg now and then collect ???? in a few months. 
  • 658_2
    Options
    Yeah, someone do the math on how many pulls on average you need to champ a set of 5s, if starting with two set covers and enough shards for 2 more (via playing pve to progression during time in LLs). Gotta be closer to 200 than 300
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2022
    Options
    658_2 said:
    Yeah, someone do the math on how many pulls on average you need to champ a set of 5s, if starting with two set covers and enough shards for 2 more (via playing pve to progression during time in LLs). Gotta be closer to 200 than 300
    Since the last 2 events giving 2 covers and other improvements increasing CP it’s taken me (77 + 57) 134 pulls to champ the two latest . Averaging 67 then yes 201 should do it. (Based on my draw rate not MPQs which is lower) You also need top 20 finishes in PvE
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2 covers from Boss events + 3 covers from pve progression = 5 covers from progression

8*3*7= 168 pulls. If you want to be conservative, add in another 20% to make it 200 pulls.
  • DevpoolMPQ_BCS
    DevpoolMPQ_BCS ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Tony_Foot said:
    All I'm waiting for now is to see the release vault. Do we find that out before Mthor goes in the tokens?
    The release vault for ??? does not come out before 5* Thor (Mighty Thor) goes into tokens.
  • 658_2
    Options
    2 covers from Boss events + 3 covers from pve progression = 5 covers from progression

8*3*7= 168 pulls. If you want to be conservative, add in another 20% to make it 200 pulls.
    It’s definitely not 3 covers from pve progression. It’s either 2 or 2.5, maybe both. Not sure there’s a strict schedule, but it’s short of 3. Not that it matters much. Having two of the covers in shards probably eliminates 80%+ of cover distribution issues, so I can believe it’s sub 200 pulls.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,710 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tony_Foot said:
    All I'm waiting for now is to see the release vault. Do we find that out before Mthor goes in the tokens?
    The release vault for ??? does not come out before 5* Thor (Mighty Thor) goes into tokens.
    Thanks, I meant will we see who is in the vault before Thor is in tokens? So for example if Crystal and Odin was in the release vault I might choose to get ???? that way and get Moon Knight now instead :)
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 713 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tony_Foot said:
    Looks great, but I will still pull for Garg and then this one with the next two. I don’t think Garg is a skip.
    Garg is great, no doubt. Only have enough to break 1 full hoard. Just waffling over Garg/???? They’re both quite fun
    It's definitely changing my pull plans that's for sure.  I have 140 combined LLs and CP saved up at the moment.  My Gargantos is at 2/4/3 with 269/500 shards.  KK is 1/0/0 with 455/500 shards and Lady Jane is 0/1/0 with 155/500 shards.  I was originally planning on breaking the whole thing for these 3, starting with Gargantos as my favorite, then switching to KK, and then finish off Shang Chi (5/5/2 195/500 shards) with shards and champ him.

Now I'm planning on pulling enough to get Gargantos shards over 500 so I would only need to get 3 covers for him unless I get 4 covers for him first(assuming a lot of rng luck here).  Then I'll continue to save resources for the new 5* as well as the anniversary vault and store that's upcoming.  When the anny store gets announced my plans could change again depending on who is made available.  Sometimes I feel like I over think how to best maximize the resources I have available.  

Side note: not getting the 5* covers during the last couple alliance events really stinks, but that's on me for being a solo alliance player.  
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2022
    Options
    So Moon Knight does damage whenever a stun is attempted. So my assumption is that Moon Knight would do damage at the beginning of the battle as well. Would that damage go to this character or is it determined by character placement?