Suddenly...weekly boosted 5*s

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m mostly seeing Iron Man/Goblin if it isn’t featuring some regular team. They’re beatable for me if I make sure I deny black using the usual suspects, but they’re definitely more of a gamble to take on than last week’s boost list.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    Having the boosted old 5*s is fairly nostalgic.  I can track my ebb/flow of playing based on the number I have champed.  For the first round, I had three of the four champed.  This round, I only have one (Cap).  I must have taken a break for a little bit.  :-)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've gone in with an IM Banner team on Jube's PvP, beaten the seed teams, let's see what we get.
  • DAZ0273
    Ooh - this might be doable 4* Prof X and 5* Black Widow...wait, she isn't even boosted?!?!? OK, let us see...
  • DAZ0273
    edited May 2021
    Ha ha, holy moley I won! Champed 468 Widow down baby! My Hulk has a sad 5k health when he transforms though. Hmm...next up two 450s, Prof X and Phoenix. Or a 451 Prof and Karnak. Decisions, decisions.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,806 Chairperson of the Boards
    For whatever reason, I rarely saw the boosted guys in the first two events but they were absolutely everywhere in the Silk event.  Maybe it was just playing at a different time, or maybe it took people a while to catch on.
  • DAZ0273
    Ha ha, Prof X completely wrecked me single handed. I am not using health packs on these losers!
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Im already fighting many caps and goblins  578 L together. 
    Better to not let them to fire anything, specially cap who deals 86k plus an additional 26k and stuns.
    I guess when weeks pass by and 5*s being better, people will have them at higher levels. 

• entrailbucket
    This week will be much different than last week, in that these guys have high match damage but also seem to have powers that are actually worth casting. 

At lvl648 Goblin's black does 103,533 damage so it'll oneshot some of the bigger Okoyes (although not 550s, I think).  His red pumpkin bombs do 45,878 each.  Cap's damage powers are not as high but still pretty decent.
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    This week will be much different than last week, in that these guys have high match damage but also seem to have powers that are actually worth casting. 

At lvl648 Goblin's black does 103,533 damage so it'll oneshot some of the bigger Okoyes (although not 550s, I think).  His red pumpkin bombs do 45,878 each.  Cap's damage powers are not as high but still pretty decent.
    That’s great for you of course, but unfortunately most of us don’t have a 520+ Goblin (for some reason even OG Whales have him at a lower level than most of their roster) and whilst his black is still very good for me (at 457) it still might not be enough to one-shot a lot of Okoye’s and purple is too slow and expensive to rely on vs Hulkoye teams.  His health pool is also on the low side.

I’ve enjoyed using Cap when boosted in PVE  and really like his yellow, but he has the same limitations vs Hulkoye as Goblin.  Might be fun to try out vs other teams though.

Ironman’s powers are on the expensive side also, although his blue can be great.  The less said about Banner the better.  Amazing that he was one the earliest 5*s and is as terrible today as he was on release (perhaps more so when you compare his free move to Carnage and even 4* Grockett) and he’s never been buffed despite other characters having been balanced.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Speaking of Banner - is he still boosted in Hulkform, or did that old bug revert back into the mainline?
  • entrailbucket
    Speaking of Banner - is he still boosted in Hulkform, or did that old bug revert back into the mainline?
    Just tested -- the Hulk is NOT boosted, looks like they forgot that again (iirc the Hulk is actually treated as a different character, he needs to appear in the list to be boosted).  When Banner transforms he reverts to whatever unboosted level Banner is on your roster.

I guess all those "fun" Banner teams will have to wait for next time.
  • DAZ0273
    That explains my Hulk having 2* health when he transforms - whatta revoltin' development.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    After playing a week or so of pvps with boosted 5*, I find that my climb to 1200 is still about the same:

60-75 points per match until 800
    50-60 points per match until 900
    7x points per match until 1200 against iHulkoye.

PvPs will be more interesting starting from the 5th batch. Until then, the first 4 sets of 5* boosts are sleepers.
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Just tested -- the Hulk is NOT boosted, looks like they forgot that again (iirc the Hulk is actually treated as a different character, he needs to appear in the list to be boosted).  When Banner transforms he reverts to whatever unboosted level Banner is on your roster.

Was not aware of this at all but now explains everything on the few times that I've dusted off champed Banner when he has been featured in PVE and Hulk form has been such a disappointment. Was so excited way back when he was released, thought we were finally getting a Hulk who could dish out Hulk sized damage but then... Awful. 
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    What was this? Bruce Banner is stronger than the Hulk? Makes sense...
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    After playing a week or so of pvps with boosted 5*, I find that my climb to 1200 is still about the same:

60-75 points per match until 800
    50-60 points per match until 900
    7x points per match until 1200 against iHulkoye.

PvPs will be more interesting starting from the 5th batch. Until then, the first 4 sets of 5* boosts are sleepers.
    I think you might be sleeping yourself on set 3.  Can’t say I’m looking forward to it, but boosted Thanos could be insane if we get 3* events.  Black Bolt can be awkward to fight also.
  • DAZ0273
    Set 3 hands me 5* who are nearly Champed boosted to very decent  levels, should be sweet in addition to my champs. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe you are right.
    550 Thanos deals ~30k damage to enemy and he deals 7.5k or 9.6k to allies. His match damage will be about 4000. He will be good against iHulkoye. However, 30k damage hardly makes any difference to a bunch of 110k or 120k HP 5*. For my style of playing PvPs, he will eat into my healthpacks aggressively and I need those for iHulkoye. 

However, Blackbolt will be interesting. A 550 BB with 4 charged tiles on the board deals 11481 passive damage per turn. 

Still, they are not big enough of a threat.
  • entrailbucket

Was not aware of this at all but now explains everything on the few times that I've dusted off champed Banner when he has been featured in PVE and Hulk form has been such a disappointment. Was so excited way back when he was released, thought we were finally getting a Hulk who could dish out Hulk sized damage but then... Awful. 
    Sometimes they remember to boost the Hulk and sometimes they forget.  There doesn't seem to be a pattern to it.  Can't really blame them though -- I doubt anyone notices or reports it when they forget!