Options
UNC_Samurai
UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker

With no warning

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,914 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    YES.  Hopefully it extends to PvP and the boost is +100 levels and not the useless +15.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Is the weekly boost the same for 3-star and 4-star?

How big would it have to be for 5-star for the same kind of increase in health and powers numbers?
  • entrailbucket
    Options
    It would be the same boost we currently get in PvE. 

For reference, my Silver Surfer at lvl653 has 226,936 health, his red hits for 45,477 damage and his blue heals for 65,373.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2021
    Options
    They all scale the same?

I thought some were 2x increase and some were 4x.

But maybe that was for inital 200 (or so) levels to champ and then 100 again to max champ...

(I'm pretty sure I used to know this stuff like 3-4 years ago...)  :D 
  • entrailbucket
    Options
    Someone can do the math...lvl543 Surfer has 97,211 health, does 19,480 on red and heals for 28,004 on blue.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The required one will be Spiderman and there are 3 buffeds 5* more. I remember we asked for more buffed 5*s when appeared scl10. Good. I hope that would be a new rule in all pves, for those 5*s could remove their dust.
    Its funny that now I dont rely on buffed 5*s so much as before. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,165 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Those are three very commonly complained about underpowered classics; I wonder if there are also buffs on the table?
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I’m pretty sure all 3, even boosted, will sit on the bench for this PvE.
  • entrailbucket
    Options
    They're the first 3 5* released.  Maybe it's going in order of release?
  • entrailbucket
    Options
    helix72 said:
    I’m pretty sure all 3, even boosted, will sit on the bench for this PvE.
    Sure, for everyone who hasn't bothered to pull for the "bad" characters, you still won't use them.  But for those of us who have them at lvl500+...I'll happily run a Silver Surfer with 220,000 health and 2800 match damage per tile.

If this keeps going, and it extends to PvP, it finally creates an incentive to roster and level up everyone, instead of just the best 5*.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would prefer a redesign of powers AP instead of buffs, if I had any classic champed previous to PX, thats it.

It would be so nice if on that extended offseason time they would created some surprises...
    But to dream is too easy.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Someone can do the math...lvl543 Surfer has 97,211 health, does 19,480 on red and heals for 28,004 on blue.

It was my understanding there would be no math.

Here's some math that entrailbucket puts out there occasionally:

Okoye damage boost > [basically anything]. Doesn't matter how big your characters are, Okoye will boost her partner to unreasonable power levels to get them gone.

While there are damage boosters out there, it's going to be really, REALLY hard to ever sit them. Especially when so many people have spent so much time focusing on those few specific (very good) characters.

Maybe we'll see something else paired with Okoye. That would be....different, at least. Different might be interesting, possibly even good. It would be different.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2021
    Options
    From 255 to 450, powers are multiplied by ~4.

From 450 to 550, it's about 2.16.

For 550 to 650, it's about 2.3345, based on data provided above.

Maybe it's a trial to see if players are still using the same characters even though these old 5* are boosted, before they decide whether to buff match damage, health and maybe power?
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I would imagine the vast majority of players won't even notice the change. Just continue with doing pve as fast as possible with their hulkoye and other combinations
  • entrailbucket
    Options
    The same 3 plus Black Suit Spidey are boosted in the Quake PvP that just showed up.

This is awesome!
  • magicbeaned
    magicbeaned Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Party On!!!
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,711 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Could be great if they went to one 5* max for pvp and moved to 4* pvp. Then we could get some use out of the 4000 four stars we never use and people would have to be smart with team synergy.

As pvp is currently it won’t change anything for me, I will carry on avoiding the boring dross and play to 500.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,165 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This will make things interesting somewhat in PVP, is it affecting anyone's MMR? I feel like 4* boosts affected who I was matched against back in those days.