Suddenly...weekly boosted 5*s

Options

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Where's Tanglefoot? I think he's the only known 3* player actively posting here. I'm wondering if he's seeing level 400+ 5*.

What about 4* players? Are they seeing level 400+ 5*?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So far another 572 OML. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I took on a couple of Champed Kitty teams with the boosts to OML (mine was to 411) and Silver Surfer (412) they won the matches, although not without taking some damage. So, leaving aside the god boost 5's that will have to be skipped unless my 5's are god boosted, this could open up regular PvP with older 5's being able to be viable teams against non boosted 5 teams. I haven't tried Phoenix yet - she will boost to 408 but I never realy got the hang of her anyway.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,959 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @HoundofShadow

Nope. In fact none of my 5 stars on my roster are boosted nor are any of my opponents (see screenshot below). The only teams I see are the regular ones I see every PvP and I am playing CL10. It's some other criteria needed to get the boosted 5* (either you need champed 5* which I don't have or your personal CL must need to be a certain level (I'm 175).
    Also, anyone know how to actually upload this screenshot directly rather than this link. I tried the image URL and it doesn't do anything?
    KGB

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 958 Critical Contributor
    Options
    KGB said:
    @HoundofShadow

Nope. In fact none of my 5 stars on my roster are boosted nor are any of my opponents (see screenshot below). The only teams I see are the regular ones I see every PvP and I am playing CL10. It's some other criteria needed to get the boosted 5* (either you need champed 5* which I don't have or your personal CL must need to be a certain level (I'm 175).
    Also, anyone know how to actually upload this screenshot directly rather than this link. I tried the image URL and it doesn't do anything?
    KGB

They're not boosted in the M.O.D.O.K. event, check in the Quake one.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited May 2021
    Options
    I just checked.  4* players will see a minimum level of 368 to 400+ boosted 5* characters. It's fortunate those 5* hitpoint still look weak (~30k). In the coming days where stronger 5* are boosted, I think 3* or 4* players will be greatly affected, especially when it's boosting popular 5*.

Match-damage wise, it's approximately 800-1k per match-3. A pick 2 of full health non boosted baby champed 4* will probably need to use healthpacks more often. 

I think you will see higher level because I remember your 4* levels are pretty high as well.

This solidifies the fact that MMR does not take boosting into account.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Im fighting 570 levels of those 3. Usually they have 110k health. Until now I think the most dangerous is silver surfer.
    They have high match damage so cascades are pretty dangerous. 
    Health packs will be running often, I agree.
    But they have high cost AP so although they have match damage they are still meat shields.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,959 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Ah, that explains it. I play slice 5 so I won't start the Quake event till tomorrow.
    But it sounds like 3/4* players will also see the boost which doesn't sound that great especially for 3* player. Even a 1 cover OML Yellow boosted from 270 to 370 will probably wipe champed 3* <L200.
    KGB
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,947 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KGB said:

Ah, that explains it. I play slice 5 so I won't start the Quake event till tomorrow.
    But it sounds like 3/4* players will also see the boost which doesn't sound that great especially for 3* player. Even a 1 cover OML Yellow boosted from 270 to 370 will probably wipe champed 3* <L200.
    KGB
    Right, so should those guys change their strategy?  The issue before with classics (so I'm told) was that the pool was so wide you'd never fully cover them.  But now one or two covers are *incredibly* useful for that one week, in PvE and PvP. 

Does that change things?
  • Bad
    Options
    I think it will depend on the classic. If this new feature continues, 5*s before okoye will be bearable. Okoyes or kittys lev 650 not.
    Or Ihulk, or apocalypse as almost all players have them. 
    Still it is the first pvp and it is needed to see more, but if they continue to feature 3 in each pvp, soon that scenario will happen. 
  • HoundofShadow
    edited May 2021
    Options
    If the 5* in the store is predictable and runs every week, it won't even be special. People would be hoarding for Okoye etc. All future special stores, like anniversary store, would need to make some changes to be considered special.

I wouldn't mind them being featured in HP store though. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They could treat them like they do the 3-5* supports maybe, and you could put a token to a story that only accepts those tokens into an 80 item vault or something.
  • entrailbucket
    Options
    (puts on flame-retardant suit)

Assuming the weekly boosts will rotate through all of the 5* characters, and assuming all of them are usable when boosted given enough covers, does that reduce the number of "misses" in the classic token pool enough to make pulling there worthwhile?

Basically is there even a need for a different store?  What's the value proposition for pulling in a theoretical oml/pnx/surfer store at 25cp vs a plain old classic token at 20cp?
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    helix72 said:
    I’m pretty sure all 3, even boosted, will sit on the bench for this PvE.
    Sure, for everyone who hasn't bothered to pull for the "bad" characters, you still won't use them.  But for those of us who have them at lvl500+...I'll happily run a Silver Surfer with 220,000 health and 2800 match damage per tile.

If this keeps going, and it extends to PvP, it finally creates an incentive to roster and level up everyone, instead of just the best 5*.
    I see no incentive to roster them all.  Even boosted to 550, most are garbage and will stay on the bench.
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2021
    Options

With no warning
    And... you would have somehow better prepared if you had some sort of warning?  What's  it matter?
  • Bad
    Options
    If this continues and all 5* classics rotate, collectionist will have an edge.
    By the fact this is not new, all 5*s have been buffed.
    But the difference is huge in boosting them as new released when few players have them and now when more players have them completed.
    If this feature continues I can see more people trying to champ each latest although they could be meh, and then stopping for hoarding a bit for better releases.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Guys, if anyone was wondering, if you have a boosted OML that's now 500ish and you take on a lv 360 Onslaught then because of RNG Onslaught will still tear through your OML.

Me: Hmm. Oh here's a red match.
    Onslaught: CASCADE TIME!
    Me: Seriously? Fine, OML will heal so it's ok. Black match.
    Me: Son of a TALOS I hate this game. Stupid RNG.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Guys, if anyone was wondering, if you have a boosted OML that's now 500ish and you take on a lv 360 Onslaught then because of RNG Onslaught will still tear through your OML.

Me: Hmm. Oh here's a red match.
    Me: Seriously? Fine, OML will heal so it's ok. Black match.
    Me: Son of a TALOS I hate this game. Stupid RNG.
    Just wait until Prof X is boosted...
  • entrailbucket
    Options
    I imagine boosted 5* classics will be much like boosted 4*. Great if they're meta. Still vulnerable to meta characters.
    I think this very much depends on the relative levels of said classics.  At 550 they may or may not be usable for you, depending on what else you've got.

As you get over 600 and closer to 672 (which is the boosted max) things get absolutely *insane* very quickly, for even the worst characters.

Of course, nobody else has these characters at those levels, so everyone is missing out on the fun!