Suddenly...weekly boosted 5*s

Options

Comments

• gmp72
    gmp72 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It seems the best changes are the silent ones ..
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This will make things interesting somewhat in PVP, is it affecting anyone's MMR? I feel like 4* boosts affected who I was matched against back in those days.

Hitting nothing but (minimum) 550 every single event is.....interesting, I guess.

Hopefully they've considered MMR. Otherwise - those softcappers out there are suddenly top of the heap, as changes tend to make them now and again.
  • jordanix
    jordanix Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I appreciate this change. I have 5 champed 5*, and one of them is OML, which is a character I like a lot.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    On epicenter pvp only I read buffed "5(buffedlist)"
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

it also seems they listened to our feedback about putting more 4* PVPs in the season.  very happy with the devs right now.
    We'll see next season.  This season might be an anomaly since it's AAPI month in the US and other than Daken and Kamala, there are no AAPI 3*s (not counting Elektra since she's been Greek in the comics and Asian in the Netflix version; or Psylocke since it's really problematic with a white person in possession of a Japanese woman's body).  Also, with the Hulu MODOK series, running the AIM goon PVE and MODOK PVP makes sense.  
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am really interested in seeing how this will play out.  In PVE it will be a nice Quality of life change.  I feel it will allow more players to play CL10 with more boosted 5*.

If we are also getting a 200+ level boost in PVP I do wonder how this will effect gameplay and MMR.  In this week I don’t think any of the boosted 5* will have an impact just based on who they are.  When we have some 5* who might be a step down they might get some more play even at higher levels. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I only have OML champed, and I don’t think 100 levels make him play any faster. I imagine BSSM might get some more play since strike dodging is still decently relevant.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    At 550, OML has 1348/1198/1048 match damage and 90,000 health, with 6000 passive healing per turn.

He'd be 550 when boosted if you have him at 450, higher than that if you have him 450+.  If you've got the good PvP 5* that's still probably not usable, but for people who don't have those guys, maybe?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Here are some 5* I think might be interesting in PVP outside the Meta.

Thanos-  pair with IHulk in a 3* PVP and have fun.

Colossus.  His match damage will be huge and his high health will be annoying especially when boosted.

knull 200K health anyone?

Doom.  True healing big health and big hitting black.

Carnage just look at CN in CL10 he is always the worst matchup.

Yellowjacket.  True healing cheep powers.  Might only be for early game but is a fun character.  Maybe pair with Wanda.

AW-  again big match damage true healing.  Might not be used often.

OMD good against BRB teams.

Iceman pair with Okoye or Apoc.  Maybe maybe not.

Havok.  Not a great character but hits hard.  He should be able to take out Okoye.  He was fun with the boost when first released.  IHulk should still beat him up though.

this will get interesting with a 100+ level boost in PVP.  If it is a 15 level boost then it will be fairly worthless.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    At 550, OML has 1348/1198/1048 match damage and 90,000 health, with 6000 passive healing per turn.

He'd be 550 when boosted if you have him at 450, higher than that if you have him 450+.  If you've got the good PvP 5* that's still probably not usable, but for people who don't have those guys, maybe?
    I meant champed from this list; I have everyone not currently in latest since Doom champed save Havok who is just waiting on iso. I'm at this point just grinding 4* shards to get the rest of them over the hump. So I'm imagining I'll be using a lot of Hulkoye or Thorpocalypse for the foreseeable.
  • entrailbucket
    Options
    The PvP boost is confirmed to be the same boost as PvE...ie the +100 lvls. 

This is the best MPQ day since they nerfed cupcakes!
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Another time they were paying attention to our discussions in other threads. 
    Nice. Congratulations to the ones receiving benefit!
  • winter37
    winter37 Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    Too bad it's nobody particularly helpful this week, but thanks devs, this is a welcome change!
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How do boosts effect MMR? If someone has Surfer, Logan and BSSM champed and they’re boosted to 550, does the game think you are a 550 player and all you see are 550 Hulkoye teams? If so, that’ll be awful. 
  • entrailbucket
    Options
    How do boosts effect MMR? If someone has Surfer, Logan and BSSM champed and they’re boosted to 550, does the game think you are a 550 player and all you see are 550 Hulkoye teams? If so, that’ll be awful. 
    When you're a 550 player, the game doesn't just show you 550 teams (it's weird, it's not handled the way you'd expect), and besides, there aren't really enough 550/550 okoye/hulk running around to make that a problem.

I have no idea how the new boosts will affect matchmaking though.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    So far with just OML champed, my matchmaking levels all feel about the same, except i'm seeing the meta of like 3 years ago, with a lot of Gambit and Thano5 teams for some reason. Maybe it doesn't look at your boosted characters actually?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First match I am being offered has a level 571 OML and a 507 Phoenix - I think I might be in trouble here...
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So it seems like MMR was just messing with me and things have levelled out and the whole event is not just teams more than 100 levels over my highest characters!