Question on Forum Rules

Options

Comments

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Don't forget the dump of shards we got this December from milestones as well
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,170 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That “massive shard injection” was what, 6-10 covers total? Nobody went from unusable to 550 from Milestone rewards. And as you’ve been saying across this thread it takes more than Okoye to place well. The people getting edged out of the top spots are not on autopilot, so I assume they know how to play.

I would consider my own placement to be a decent index score, since I play suboptimally, consistently every event. I do 4x clears all at once, so it’s better than minimum but consistently sub optimal. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What if those players are playing 3 + 2, naturally, your placement will drop.

• HoundofShadow
    edited March 2021
    Options
    My bad, I misread TRW's reply. 

I find the theory of your "group" problematic, and that is, if 4* players are beating 5* players in scl 8 or 9 for top 10 placements, it means they are cheating. 

It just show how out of touch or deluded some of the 5* players who lost to 4* players are. This aside, I already agreed that cheating is not right. 

I'm glad I'm a 5* player now. However, I feel sorry for those 4* players who are getting top 10 in scl 8 or 9. If the dev accept your theory, how many innocent players are going to have their accounts boxed?

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,170 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Nobody was talking about SCL 8 and 9 until you brought that straw man argument up, @HoundofShadow. I don't play in those SCLs, I can only comment on my own experience, which as I mentioned I chalked up to the change to reduced total clear count more than assuming a large swath of players were cheating.

It was my in-a-vacuum assumption that a bunch of people missed the fact that you no longer needed to do 6 clears to get full node rewards, and were just still doing what they'd always done while I'd switched to doing 4 clears (or rather just continued doing 4 clears, which now was equivalent to previously doing 6). And I'm not accusing you of doing anything wrong in-game, just saying that I see you trying to make the case that there are some players out there SO good at the game that they can place without the "best" tools for the job, so now that they have those best tools for the job (and here I'm speaking about your hypothetical batch of brand new Okoye users) they are automatically going to be better than the group that was previously at the top of the charts competing between themselves for individual points worth of optimized play. That sounds outlandish to me, and like a red herring debate tactic.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SpiderKev said:
    So we are allowed to use this speed hack or what? I dont care about placement but I'd love to save some time. I'm more jealous of that. 
    Right who wants to stall out all that time against mindless?.  Make the emulation game speed the default speed and we all win.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    CL11: Same rewards&enemies as CL10, unlimited speed. Kthxbye.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Actually, make it CL 9001.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    supergarv said:
    Actually, make it CL 9001.
    It's over 9000!?
  • Southside84
    Southside84 Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    Nobody was talking about SCL 8 and 9 until you brought that straw man argument up, @HoundofShadow. I don't play in those SCLs, I can only comment on my own experience, which as I mentioned I chalked up to the change to reduced total clear count more than assuming a large swath of players were cheating.

It was my in-a-vacuum assumption that a bunch of people missed the fact that you no longer needed to do 6 clears to get full node rewards, and were just still doing what they'd always done while I'd switched to doing 4 clears (or rather just continued doing 4 clears, which now was equivalent to previously doing 6). And I'm not accusing you of doing anything wrong in-game, just saying that I see you trying to make the case that there are some players out there SO good at the game that they can place without the "best" tools for the job, so now that they have those best tools for the job (and here I'm speaking about your hypothetical batch of brand new Okoye users) they are automatically going to be better than the group that was previously at the top of the charts competing between themselves for individual points worth of optimized play. That sounds outlandish to me, and like a red herring debate tactic.

It's even possible in cl10.  Enough people miss, even only partially clear their last wave, and I can end up T20 or even T10 without a 500+ Okoye.  It's a very real discussion that needs to happen if you're suggesting everyone outperforming their roster must be cheating.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,946 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It's even possible in cl10.  Enough people miss, even only partially clear their last wave, and I can end up T20 or even T10 without a 500+ Okoye.  It's a very real discussion that needs to happen if you're suggesting everyone outperforming their roster must be cheating.
    Backdooring an occasional T20 or T10 due to wave node misses is something entirely different than regularly finishing T1-2 in sub after sub and event after event. Top players know when they missed doing full clears due to waves or something else like internet going down.
    What you manage to do on occasion wouldn't even be noticed much less manage to get you sandboxed.
    KGB
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    Options
    What if the station wagon is a Cadillac CTS-V wagon or a merc amg e63s wagon? Oh the Audi RS6 avant too.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What if the station wagon is a Cadillac CTS-V wagon or a merc Amy e63s wagon?
    I know nothing about cars and knew this analogy was going to bite me when someone questioned that, lol. I almost googled “slow cars” but was like, “nah... they’ll get it”. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    The rockett did mention this and I quote:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/949486/#Comment_949486

1. We started to ask around about this to some other players and they have seen the same thing in different slices and SL.  Some people were seeing this in SL8, SL9 and SL10.  Seeing a non champed 5* team beating a 500 5* team in SL9 is impossible, but it is happening right now.  After talking to this expanded group of people, we again sent more information in.

So, I don't how see this is a strawman because SCL 8 and 9 are involved in it too. I seldom jump into SCL 10, so, I can't expand on this.

To Timemachinego, 

it's simple math that a high level okoye+ team will outperform low-champ 4s, even if badly handled (wrong clear-order, for instance).

In an ideal perfect world, this would be true. However, reality hurts.  You can give someone the best tools in the world, but if they don't have the skills, they still won't achieve the best result.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What if the station wagon is a Cadillac CTS-V wagon or a merc amg e63s wagon? Oh the Audi RS6 avant too.
    I would love to drive an elite wagon like the RS6.  Wagon Mafia forever!
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options

Pretty sure DD was referring to the Family Truckster.